Crafting Pets, What do?

Atrax

Prowler
Mutant Atrax Stalker
All right I don't want to take @Legends thread about TWEN any further off topic but I'm really wondering about this.

Crafters are just standing around doing nothing, theoretically, for a large part of the time they're crafting. Nothing related to the craft at hand, anyways. So it's a great match for skilling pets, sure. But what makes a crafter want a pet as a "crafting companion"? If you're crafting what is a pet going to do for you, that will make you want to add 60 - 100 nutrio per hour to your crafting expenses?

I'm going to point out the obvious Monster in the closet, raw COS bonus, here in the OP.

They've added clothes with some "crafting skill bonuses" in game and I haven't researched that a lot, I've seen a hat and I think a clothing set - I'm not 100% sure if that's a boost to your skill (thus COS) or your skilling tbh. Both sound good though.

As a bonus to skills the point is of course some boost to COS anyways, but you know it would eliminate a lot of guesswork and be very eye-catching to just drop something with a straightforward "3% improvement to Chance of Success" on it.

Maybe a common pet that offers a couple percent, something like 3 - 5% bonus to COS up to 50%. An uncommon that can push you up past 75%. A rare that can go to 95%. I'm just throwing stuff out there so I don't know how much turnover 1-3% difference in this would make for a really big crafter - but I'm pretty sure that stat includes near success and TT loot anyways.

Hopefully that's clear enough for the people that are interested in this sort of discussion heh.

So, what exactly is the "auto-loot" or "critical hit chance" of crafting? Just a wishlist/ramble so, thoughts on mining pets are surely welcome.

This is precisely the problem with this game; every profession is the same, it's all just a big grindfest, no matter what profession you're in, and there is a complete lack of original ideas and concepts of "what else" these professions could be.

I don't want to ask "what's the equivalent of this or that in mining, or crafting", this only leads to these professions looking even more like hunting in the long run, and everything in Entropia just being more generic and the same.

How is carpet-bombing the landscape for MU any different than grinding down mobs for MU? It's all basically the same; no variety, no originality. No building of something, no long-term creation or enterprise, just repetitive boring actions in an endless pursuit of profit; brainless, pointless, ephemeral,...

Ask yourself instead: how can we overhaul crafting completely, and make it into something much more interesting and rewarding that people will actually enjoy doing. How can we make crafting into something completely different than anything else in the game?

Back