Crash/Hang on exit

Wistrel

Elite
Society
Entropia Pioneers
Wistrel (Wisty) Chianti
OK so not a big issue but Planet Calypso crashes during exit every time since I returned to the game (after 3 year break) on friday last week.

Just interested to know if anyone had a similar issue? I haven't tried much of the obvious (drivers etc) yet.

Its an nvidia 260 black edition with intel core2duo 2.1GHz and 3gigs of ram.

No worries if not

Wistrel

basic pc maintenance

I have a few times like that in the past.

Not 100% sure what caused it.

I am always using PC under a normal user.

You can try following to fix it.(Basic PC maintenance really)

1: Check your installation validation;), I know you may heard a thousand times, one more won't hurt.

2: Scan your your PC for error:
: run a Command Prompt(cmd.exe) under an Admin account: chkdsk /F /R
: this will take a while from your next reboot.

3: Just like the above; clean your Temp files: cleanmgr (accept the default)
:edit: you should do two, one for an Admin account, other for your normal account(if you are not using an Admin account normally like me.)

4: Like above: defrag c: (as c: is your system drive)

5: Check your event log to see what file/program caused hangs.
: just like above: mmc (File-> Add Remove Snap-in -> Event Viewer - Then Add -> OK

6: Other problems, like video card driver corrupted, system files corrupted, you may try re-install those drivers

Step 1 to 5 can be done without any harm to your pc, and most users should do that once month at least I think.

dandy

Hey Thanks!

I didn't know about installation validation and cleanmgr so will look at those. I think it quit ok for first time last night but this was after a very short time online. So it seems to be if you spend any decent time in game that it hangs on exit. Will check the event log too and inside the install dir incase there is an MA log of some kind.

TBH if I can't fix it it not a big problem and I've got a fair guess that its the PC. Its in a bit of a mess now (not too bad but not well looked after really this time) and I know there is something up with the hard disk that stops me defraging it which I havn't been able to sort with chkdsk. Really I think it needs everything off it and darn good formatting I reckon. I'm filling up so need a new drive anyhow and SATA (in this day and age) wouldn't be a bad thing either...

Wistrel

this seems to have cleared up with the recent "stability" patch

Back