Creative Kingdom & Thai Government Collaborate on Landmark Cyber City in Entropia Universe

Will Cyrene be included into this testing phase ? :O I dont think so :/

MA may have a tick list of different systems. As sson as they tested one it may then be available to some planet partners to test. Or MA and planet partners may be testing together at same time. Either way testing is good news ;)

MA may have a tick list of different systems. As sson as they tested one it may then be available to some planet partners to test. Or MA and planet partners may be testing together at same time. Either way testing is good news ;)

Ahhhh the good news ;)

Cyrene should already by CE2 and ready...but what do I know -_-

Hmm talking of bangcock me and shery0 need us one of those real feisty bangcock hookers one of those luv you long time bitches :p i wonder if there will be any of those on the new planets.

Or imagine while flying from one destination to another planet and along the way you hear wavey variouse tones gentle voices LUUUuuurrVVVvvveee yooOOOoooUUUuu LOOOnnnnNNNnnnGGGgggg TTIIiiiMMmmmmeeeeeee...... FTW!!!

Last edited:
wonder why it's soo quiet.

Either Berny got bored of our silly antics or upto some secret devilish plan ...

Anyhow, we have miniteasers from FPC but no miniteasers from any other planet partner. Does this reveal something in itself? i.e. Planet partners don't have access to cryengine vu10 test version - that would be ridiculous surely they have access to it and are testing it as we speak. So maybe they can release a pic or something, just a picture of landscape or something surely thats not going to reveal any secrets e.g. desert landscape with nothing else or, picture of jungle. Just shows us graphic quality nothing else.

Mind you a miniteaser of Cyrene planet would be nice to but maybe thats asking for too much :(

wonder why it's soo quiet.

Either Berny got bored of our silly antics or upto some secret devilish plan ...

Anyhow, we have miniteasers from FPC but no miniteasers from any other planet partner. Does this reveal something in itself? i.e. Planet partners don't have access to cryengine vu10 test version - that would be ridiculous surely they have access to it and are testing it as we speak. So maybe they can release a pic or something, just a picture of landscape or something surely thats not going to reveal any secrets e.g. desert landscape with nothing else or, picture of jungle. Just shows us graphic quality nothing else.

Mind you a miniteaser of Cyrene planet would be nice to but maybe thats asking for too much :(

Well, NextIsland had videos...but it turned out to be the new Port Atlantis...lol. But the Ice Planet and the time traveling and the mob picture was at least something.

So did CKi.
This picture is still impressive: ^^
entrance_883511.jpg

But yes, after waiting since 2006, Id like to see way more, instead of all the "test phase...soon...more in 1 week...more in 2 weeks"

But if MA wont do the 1st step, noone can.

SEE Virtual something and the chinese "shopping" planets seem to be dead though...

SEE virtual one is behind the others in development i reckon as they signed up later on.

The Chinese "shopping" planets had a set back as the person behind it David Liu (maybe i got name wrong not sure) is sadly no longer with us and that was a set back. I think there was a thread on that on EF i remember reading it sometime haven't been able to find it again though.

Nextisland did have a "trailer" that was quite something. Don't expect CKI to do anything like that, just something small like a pic would be nice.

Also what happened with the film CKI were going to make? have they allready made the film or will they start making film after launch of their planet?

SEE virtual one is behind the others in development i reckon as they signed up later on.

The Chinese "shopping" planets had a set back as the person behind it David Liu (maybe i got name wrong not sure) is sadly no longer with us and that was a set back. I think there was a thread on that on EF i remember reading it sometime haven't been able to find it again though.

Nextisland did have a "trailer" that was quite something. Don't expect CKI to do anything like that, just something small like a pic would be nice.

Also what happened with the film CKI were going to make? have they allready made the film or will they start making film after launch of their planet?

Ahhh the CKA movie...lol... o_O

The Chinese "shopping" planets had a set back as the person behind it David Liu (maybe i got name wrong not sure) is sadly no longer with us?

Robert Lai died yes, chief scientist.
It delayed things, though not significantly.

http://www.virtualworldsnews.com/2008/06/crds-robert-lai.html

June 28, 2008
CRD's Robert Lai Passes Away
I am very saddened to share that 賴志迢 Chi Tau Robert Lai died several days ago. Robert was the Chief Scientist, with the Beijing China Recreation District (CRD). From what I understand from CRD officials, he died in his sleep on June 25. This post is both personal and news to the industry and I share it with a heavy heart. From an industry point of view Robert has been for many the public voice of the CRD. He was very active on a worldwide basis promoting the CRD's activities, exploring new technologies for the CRD's adoption and facilitating CRD strategic partnerships. I did not know Robert for long. I met him last year. But in rather short order we crosses paths several times during the year. I was delighted to have him speak at Virtual Worlds Expo last year in San Jose. However, I really got to know him personally as his guest in Beijing. He as a very kind and generous host and went out of his way to make sure my first visit to Beijing was memorable and remarkable - showing me the city, the food, the countryside and the culture. Robert will be remembered for his love of life. I am sorry to have lost a friend.

planet?

It is not an easy task to make "small pic" ;) there is a lot of things involved first is the MONEY second is the PEOPLE as we can see on this example:
This is an "organic" and indie project http://blog.planet-postmoderna.com/?tag=entropia-universe apparently lead by one guy and this is his website http://www.planet-postmoderna.com/ - I bet it will take 5+ more years to create basic set of assets as they dont have any graphic designers at the moment in comparsion the neverdie studio is much better developed as we can see they have one student who is making 2-3 objects every week http://nikoevangelista.com/EntropiaPage.html (recently updated) according to Mindark - the figures needed to create the (proper) content within an year we are talking about 2m-3m $ (that includes IT maintenance, marketing, ect) - who can afford that?
the other thing as I say above is the PEOPLE! It is very hard to find dedicated and well trained people without spending fortune - as Marco is always looking for new talents: http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?postid=341341#post341341 - not so many people interested
so ....
It is not an easy task to make "small pic" ;)

PrtScn.

As simple as pushing that button to make a pic.

It is not an easy task to make "small pic" ;) there is a lot of things involved first is the MONEY second is the PEOPLE as we can see on this example:
This is an "organic" and indie project http://blog.planet-postmoderna.com/?tag=entropia-universe apparently lead by one guy and this is his website http://www.planet-postmoderna.com/ - I bet it will take 5+ more years to create basic set of assets as they dont have any graphic designers at the moment in comparsion the neverdie studio is much better developed as we can see they have one student who is making 2-3 objects every week http://nikoevangelista.com/EntropiaPage.html (recently updated) according to Mindark - the figures needed to create the (proper) content within an year we are talking about 2m-3m $ (that includes IT maintenance, marketing, ect) - who can afford that?
the other thing as I say above is the PEOPLE! It is very hard to find dedicated and well trained people without spending fortune - as Marco is always looking for new talents: http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?postid=341341#post341341 - not so many people interested
so ....
It is not an easy task to make "small pic" ;)

interesting stuff , i cant wait ... postmoderna seems great , i had the same idea about how planet should be developed by community from scratch.

still very quiet here - is the CKI planet creation suspended? maybe the global economic situation caused that? maybe everything is done and they just waiting for the better times?

still very quiet here - is the CKI planet creation suspended? maybe the global economic situation caused that? maybe everything is done and they just waiting for the better times?

I think CKI planet is probably very close to release or ready to be released. They just need to check it with the final version of vu10. I say this because CK have been working on their planet for a number of years and remember they have the funding in place to develop this properly.

Why they have decided not to release any news or pics is a mystery but most probably because they may still change things. If they release something then the EU community may not forgive them if they change it in the final version. So basically they may not be willing to commit to anything. Time will tell.

Berny if your listening in we promise not to criticise you or CK or make any fuzz about any pics you may release. We all agree to this and will never criticise you even if the final product is different from what you show us. Now show us a damn pic!, pretty please with lots of sugar on top :)

(eh worth a shot, may work you never know unless u try;))

It is a fun project by the way and I am glad you like the idea of what we are doing. I would be lying however, if I did not say that it is very difficult. Still, the experience it the best part of it all.

interesting stuff , i cant wait ... postmoderna seems great , i had the same idea about how planet should be developed by community from scratch.

I find it interesting the Chinese government banned virtual cash for real world trade... Surely this will have some serious impact on these EU Chinese planets? Wasn't their main focus a place to buy real world things in a virtual world? Going to be harder if they have to use real world cash to buy RL things. Thats not how EU is setup or most any virtual world...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/0...l_money_to_buy_real_world_goods_and_services/

Officials in China are banning use of virtual money to buy real-world goods and services.

Under new regulations released jointly by the Ministry of Commerce and the Ministry of Culture, virtual currency can now only be used for virtual goods and services that are provided by the issuer of the virtual currency.

Most interesting,

The other is skeletons is a no go in any world as far as chinese culture goes.

Not sure if CKI or Neverdie Studios have any skeleton based mobs, if they do the Chinese government will set their worlds to off-limits to their citizens.

Much the same as the newly released expansion pack to World of Warcraft, Wrath of the Lich King was banned in China for having skeletons in it.

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-world-of-warcraft-banned-in-china-2009-3

hmmm banning virtual to real trade,

banning games with skeletons

hmmm

hhmmmmmmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I had no idea on any of that. Seems those are some serious mistakes software developers can easily make. Perhaps there are many other customs which developers are not aware of, shows how difficult it is making a game which is universally accepted.

Certainly food for thought, thanks for sharing info. The chinese planets may well be in dire straits now with the currency ruling. Maybe they will make an exception for the chines planets hope it gets resolved or those chines planets will never be seen! which will be a real shame.

Such chinese politics should be posted in the CRD thread, not in CKi :O

key part:

virtual currency can now only be used for virtual goods and services that are provided by the issuer of the virtual currency.

As the issuer of the virtual currency, MA can still provide all services as normal, they provide the interface for real money in and out. Bare in mind the chinese government themselfs are involved in the CRD project, I dont think they would kill off the project, do you?

as for skeletons, simple solution is to block chinese based users from any world that has them.

Such chinese politics should be posted in the CRD thread, not in CKi :O

good point :dunce:

Peds are not a virtual currency, so I don't see the problem.

Oh yeah and the dark background image of "Digital Scryers" shows Planet Calypsos "Palms Corner". Nice artwork with a lovely waterfall. ^^ :)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

This mob got posted in the past already :
mob1.jpg

mob2.jpg

And another, huge background of their site:

and one more:

Last edited:
Peds = US Dollars
WoW Gold = Pixels
PED's are not a accepted currency in the real world... They are most certainly a virtual currency. Just because you can cash them out to USD doesn't mean they are considered a real world currency.. If that was the case poker chips would be currency... You can't go in to a store and by stuff with poker chips... ;)

MA even says so on their website....
Entropia Universe is an expanding universe of 3D virtual worlds for online entertainment, social interaction and trade using a real cash economy. The virtual PED currency used throughout the virtual universe has a fixed exchange rate of 10:1 with the US Dollar, allowing you to deposit real funds simply and securely for your avatar's adventures across the universe. You can also withdraw real funds at any time from your PED account to your real life bank account.
http://www.planetcalypso.com/planet-calypso/entropia-universe/

Back