Creature Combos - Steady winnings up to 500 ped/hour!

Zenzile

Stalker
Society
CRT
Zenzile
EVENT: Creature Combos - NO LONGER RUNNING
Tired of events that offer large prizes for impossible achievements? Looking for something that takes an element of skill, as opposed to pure luck? Then this is the event for you!

Creature combos emphasizes ped cycled and time spent hunting to provide lucrative and steady winnings. Creature combos are generated by achieving globals within certain timeframes, building up to a potential reward of 500+ ped within just 45 minutes! Participating LA(s) and event details can be found below.

Participating LA

OLA#44 - deATH ahead

Details
83ce32cccd46763a06db368d598c50b8.png

Current Combo Prizepool
515 ped

A log will be maintained of current winnings, and payouts will be made upon player request. For weekly notifications regarding winnings / payouts, please PM me your ingame name! Likewise, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions.

The event will begin at 2021-01-17 00:00:01 MA time!

Registration: Please respond to the thread with your full ingame name to register
Payouts: Contact me any time via pm to arrange a payout
Scoreboard: Click here to see current scores and earnings!

Disclaimers:
  • Listed rewards are TOTAL payouts for a given combo​
  • You must be solo hunting to qualify for event prizes​
  • I reserve the right to change any of the rewards or event mechanics at any time​
  • Any prizes earned before a change will be honored​
  • Note: expect some changes during the first month of operation to ensure a fair experience for participants​
  • Only participating LA(s) will qualify for prizes​
  • Ingame timestamps will be used to track combos​
  • Unclaimed rewards will expire after 3 months​
  • Only hunting globals count towards combos​

DISCORD LINK - Join for News, Schedules, and Special Announcements!

Last edited:
Counting mining globals seems risky... couldn't a person just head out there with lvl 13 amps and pretty easily get globals fast enough to hit rank 7?

Counting mining globals seems risky... couldn't a person just head out there with lvl 13 amps and pretty easily get globals fast enough to hit rank 7?

Thanks for pointing this out. Yea I did consider this, figured it would be too hard to pull this off with the dense spawns, but in reality it would still be feasible.

I’d like to add something to support mining globals too in the near future, but yea for now going to leave this hunting only. Would probably end up being too easy to exploit if mining globals were allowed here as you said.

Gratz on your new LA. I appreciate the chance to hunt big Molisk. There is some kind of glitch on the LA, like invisible walls you can't walk through or tag a mob in some areas, I'm not a teck'y, especially around the trees, maybe you've noticed already. Don't know if you have max spawn set, but there are some areas where only a few mob on radar and others, more mob. Just my .02 pec, but max spawn would be best in a timed event like yours. Best of luck with the LA

Gratz on your new LA. I appreciate the chance to hunt big Molisk. There is some kind of glitch on the LA, like invisible walls you can't walk through or tag a mob in some areas, I'm not a teck'y, especially around the trees, maybe you've noticed already. Don't know if you have max spawn set, but there are some areas where only a few mob on radar and others, more mob. Just my .02 pec, but max spawn would be best in a timed event like yours. Best of luck with the LA

Appreciate the feedback! I've noticed the trees as well, strange though as it only seems to be a small handful of trees (not even a specific type) that cause this problem. I'll open a ticket and hope for resolution on this, at least the issue does seem to be infrequent though.

As for the density, I actually have an extra DNA that's currently off. Planning on turning this up to max and locking it here within the next day or two.

Edit: Extra DNA is now at max density and maturity :)

Angie Freja Stark
Beta Binx Breaker

Thanks for joining, and good luck! Registered both of you.

CHANGELOG:
  • 7 global payout bumped from 150 ped to 200 ped
  • It is now 50% easier to start a combo! Time limit for first 2 globals increased from 10 mins -> 15 mins.

Last edited:
Congrats to Angie Freja Stark for scoring the first ever combo of the event! Added a link to the tracker in the main post as well.

Maria Tsunade Magdalena

CHANGELOG:
  • 7 global payout bumped from 150 ped to 200 ped
  • It is now 50% easier to start a combo! Time limit for first 2 globals increased from 10 mins -> 15 mins.

Just to be sure about new rules.

Global 1 : 15 minute max to hit global 2
Global 2 : 10 minute left to hit global 3
Global 3 : 9 minute left to hit global 4
Global 4 : 8 minute left to hit global 5
Global 5 : 7 minute left to hit global 6
Global 6 : 6 minute left to hit global 7
Global 7 : Winner winner chicken dinner ! 200ped payout + prizepool if all 7 global are under 45min

Am I right ?

Great event by the way :)

SpikE SpikE Odets
Maria Tsunade Magdalena
Please register : Tom Archy Bald
:rocket:

You’re all registered!

Just to be sure about new rules.

Global 1 : 15 minute max to hit global 2
Global 2 : 10 minute left to hit global 3
Global 3 : 9 minute left to hit global 4
Global 4 : 8 minute left to hit global 5
Global 5 : 7 minute left to hit global 6
Global 6 : 6 minute left to hit global 7
Global 7 : Winner winner chicken dinner ! 200ped payout + prizepool if all 7 global are under 45min

Am I right ?

Great event by the way :)

That’s exactly right! Glad you like the event :)

Also, just a heads up to all that the first combo (2x) is meant to be pretty easy/common. If it proves not to be I’ll continue to rebalance and up the limit.

If I do in fact bump up the time limit on the 2x further, note that I will grandfather people in (ie. If your combo didnt count as one, but does after some change, you’ll receive a payout anyway). Want to make sure this is fair for all even when balancing changes are made.

Last edited:
Changelog:
  • To improve rewards for HOF's, any HOF will count as an instantaneous 3x globals
  • A combo now begins by receiving 2 globals within 20 mins of eachother -> increased from 15 mins

Last edited:
Double up with Creature Combos and our free 500 ped HSL this saturday!

Am I getting this right,

so I need 2 globals in 20 minutes to start which gets me 2 points,

Then another in 10 minutes to get 3 points,

Then another in 9 minutes to get to 4 points

Then another in 8 minutes to get to 5 points

Then another in 7 minutes to get to 6 points

Then another in 6 minutes to get to 7 points...

On molisks?

and you marketed the event as

" Tired of events that offer large prizes for impossible achievements? "

Curious....

I think you need to look at the rate that these actually global and adjust the time again because what you have laid out here is just as absurd if not more so than some of the other events you seem to bash on.

The whole thing is really banking on a lucky HoF on the tail on an equally lucky string of globals ...

Am I getting this right,

so I need 2 globals in 20 minutes to start which gets me 2 points,

Then another in 10 minutes to get 3 points,

Then another in 9 minutes to get to 4 points

Then another in 8 minutes to get to 5 points

Then another in 7 minutes to get to 6 points

Then another in 6 minutes to get to 7 points...

On molisks?

and you marketed the event as

" Tired of events that offer large prizes for impossible achievements? "

Curious....

I think you need to look at the rate that these actually global and adjust the time again because what you have laid out here is just as absurd if not more so than some of the other events you seem to bash on.

The whole thing is really banking on a lucky HoF on the tail on an equally lucky string of globals ...

I don't mind if you aren't interested in the event, but would appreciate more constructive criticism here. I'm happy to address the above concerns though. I've paid out two prizes now in the past 8 globals; note these are max maturity molisks with ~700-1k hp. Also, you're free to look at the LA logs on EL, a 3x-4x is not uncommon in the slightest, and 5-6x have occurred recently.

In fact I was specifically targeting a loot 2.0 oriented event given how much less frequent HOF's are now (which so many events rely on entirely). The fact is that a 20 min time delta between globals for any mid-high level hunter on these is very common, with the possibility of earning quite a bit more. I carefully studied hunter logs on EL for similar hp mobs to come up with a balanced ruleset here, and I'd really urge you to take a moment and do the same. If this was common for me at similar hp / mob running an lr-40, it should be common for mid-higher level players, with the aim of paying out a bare minimum of ~2 ped/global on avg + 1 ped contributing to the prizepool.

If I were to bump the combo times up by 5 mins, I would legitimately be paying out thousands of ped / month to just 1-2 high level hunters at the current activity level on this LA. I do think the earlier combos (3x - 4x) could be easier and will continue to monitor the event and make balance changes as necessary, but that the current numbers are pretty close to optimal imo. If any changes are made from here, it's likely that 10 mins on the 3x would be bumped to 15, and the timer would decrease by 2 mins per combo level.

Edit: If you have ideas for alternative numbers here, happy to hear them out

Last edited:
After some consideration / analysis, made a few changes to improve the overall experience here. The goal of these changes is to make early combos much easier to achieve. Main post updated as well. I'm still satisfied for the time being with the initial max 20 mins between the first two globals. Thanks again for those who have given feedback, it's been very helpful in balancing the event to provide a good experience for all.

I'll continue to monitor this month and see how things work out, but hoping this ruleset will be here to stay!

Changelog:
  • Bumped timer for 3x combo from 10 -> 15 mins, with a 2 min drop at each level
  • Bumped timer for prizepool from 45 mins -> 60 mins

Last edited:
Hesitant to make this change, but really want everyone to have a good shot here so going forward anyway. Prepping for this weeks 500 ped and 150 ped FREE HSL.

Changelog:
  • Bumped the initial 2x combo timer from 20 mins -> 30 mins!!

Congrats to today's combos! Come by and take advantage of these significant rule improvements!

500 ped HSL this saturday, and a 150 ped HSL on sunday! Don't miss out, bump up your codex with a shot at some lucrative rewards on the way.

Congrats to the winners of today’s 500 ped HSL, along with the numerous combos today!

Good luck to anyone participating in tomorrows HSL event!

OLA#44 has been sold to a new owner! This event is no longer running, though rewards will still be payed out to owed parties. Please reach out to claim outstanding earnings.

Back