Creatures for OLA-35?

Deathifier

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Zachurm Deathifier Emegen
I am preparing Outback Land Area #35, located in the snowy hills south of the Solfais Crater, and am faced with an interesting choice.

What creatures should roam around here?

Here's the area I'm talking about:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

The area has the following DNA samples available:
Repesilex - A small, rock look-a-like that tries to zap you if you step on it.
Has poor aim, Old does ~26-28 damage maximum.
Fairly rare DNA, hard to find the little critters elsewhere but also hard to hit the damn things as they hide in even the smallest amount of vegetation. Does electric damage!

Combibo - The sucker wanders around, probably has a lot of fun scaring the Repesilex :)
Combibo young are pretty easy to find already, larger ones slightly less so and Stalkers are now on another land area.

Cornundos - Used to get transparent the larger they got, not sure if they still do. Easy to find young and to a lesser extent middle-maturity spawns on Eudoria, not sure if many (or any) high maturity spawns exist.

I see a few options:
Max numbers on all three but keep maturity low.
- Great place for low level hunters, either solo or in teams.
- Downside is that getting a low level hunter out there is not easy, 15km run from TI, 14km from NO.

Max numbers, set medium-high level maturity on Repesilex.
- Decent spawn of the little rocks to hunt.
- Uncertainty if any maturity level will actually be large enough to see above the vegetation!

Max numbers, maturity on Cornundos.
- Decent spawn of the big Cornundos for low-mid level people to hunt.
- Does not make use of Repesilex DNA, which would be a waste.

Question is - what mob or combination of mobs do people actually want to hunt?

Will leave it open for discussion for the weekend, in the meantime the spawn has been setup to provide some small Repesilex to amuse travellers :)

- Deathifier

combibo stalkers and cornundos stakers
no repesilex or keep them young

Personally I would do:
1.Cornundos: Max mutarity and numbers. (mayby in the future more dna parts will be find, so you can create then 2 or 3xCornundos DNA more-nice hunting/skilling area with alot of nice looting, slow moobs)
2.Repisilex-situation is complicated...one rare DNA...extermination would be just a waste as you pointed-good thinking-so Max numbers, young-old mutarity.
3.Combibo-we have already Stalkers on another land as you pointed :) so I think exterminate it.
And we have created a cool-skilling-for low/med players land. :cool:

I agree, we definatly need some cornudos stalkers, see none of them around.

Keep the maturity and numbers very low on respilex. :)

Um, could someone tell me where this combibo stalker land is? id like to definatly check it out some time soon.

concur with Tzest0s. keep the repsilex for possible future develpoment, but lets have big Corndus and more big Combibo

Im for cornundos, no really high maturities anywhere else, what about caudatergus(if that works) to them? more or less the same in agression etc.

i kind be wrong but if noone haves an REPX stalker land that could be cool because way 2 many ppl with the rest of the other moobs :cool:

while there is no need for another combibo land, i would evaluate the chance of the remaining mobs by their potential loots.

cornundos: neme shins, fap50

repesilex: pala shins, vigi thigh

so...i woould go for cornundos max maturity to attract people who try for neme.

also cornundos should be not as hard as repesilex, due to impact dmg, so most hunters should have good protection on cornundos, while repesilex deal electric which makes bigger investment in armor or fap needed (ghost, or even t-bird for big maturities).

gl

edit: well, stil there is the option to compete with the combibo stalker land and offer that mob too. depends on what % of tax you have in mind :) and if you are willing to pick a tax war

Koder_PT said:
i kind be wrong but if noone haves an REPX stalker land that could be cool because way 2 many ppl with the rest of the other moobs :cool:
that might work ... but i think they'll be very hard w/o a thunderbird or armour with electric protection + plates with electric or good faps

and about combibo stalkers ... are ppl who can't hunt them on the other land because of the mourners who are a little harder
cornundos and combibo should be like the same on stalker

I'd vote for large cornundos and some big repesilex, since there are no other LAs with these two...

I would go for max maturity max spawn on Combibo And on the Cornundos.

There are now spawns that i know with bigger cornudus then Provider.
They should be in the range of big bibo's so u get a alot of mobs and can support more hunters at once.
Bibo that are big are nice to hunt.

Keep repsilex spawn low maturity low spawn, As there are not agressive and wontattack unless u attack,

(i would like to see repsilex stalkers just to know how badass they are and how fast they would move) :D

Stealing previous post:

They should be in the range of big bibo's so u get a alot of mobs and can support more hunters at once.

Keep repsilex spawn low maturity low spawn, As there are not agressive and wontattack unless u attack,

(i would like to see repsilex stalkers just to know how badass they are and how fast they would move)

Couldn't said it better myself, totally agree! :) Awesome creatures to hunt at the same time. Was killing combibos at the other LA today, almost too easy, like stealing cookies from a child ;) Nice!

baconburgare said:
Stealing previous post:
Someone else said:

(i would like to see repsilex stalkers just to know how badass they are and how fast they would move)

Couldn't said it better myself, totally agree! :) Awesome creatures to hunt at the same time. Was killing combibos at the other LA today, almost too easy, like stealing cookies from a child ;) Nice!

Simply press the Quote button when stealing posts, or type the *bracket*QUOTE*endbracket* yourself ;) (that way you can also quote inside quotes - like so..)

Edit: And I'm also interested to see how bad-ass big-ass repsilexes are :laugh:
(Go for high-end bibo/cornundos, though)

Hard one... Id love to test big repesilex also (to try for items as well hard to know if they drop more "nice shit" with no areas to really camp em so far...) On the other hand im not so sure its a sound tax strategy in the long run... Id test repesilex first, the "pure hype" of a totally new mob should cover fertcost to pump em initially, and if they suck a$$ later on then change to cornundos?
Bibos i wouldnt go for @all considering theres another area that has em and you got 2 unique DNA as is(lol lame MA spread the wealth you make an area with 2 unique DNA and let other areas have daikibas? :p), better to try for those instead of trying to compete with another area? (rambling i know im kinda tired after 3 weeks of 14hour+ workdays :p sorry... hope it makes sence...)

But like some1 said before,in the other LA,we got those mourners... I guess more ppl would hunt them in this LA,since the cornundos aren't way much different from combibo's...and well,u could keep a middle spawn of reps with low maturities...

lol.. you should have made this a poll... my vote, big cornundos, big combibo, little as possible rep's. little lower taxes, and no mourners and youll definitely get my business, im loving the combo hunting, just hate the mourners.

reps old alpha - now that would definetely be unique

Try, for one week, rep's at high #, high maturity - everything else middle #, max maturity.

Depending on the outcome, keep combi and cornu at max maturity, and at least middle # (probably higher), and if rep's not doing well, just turn 'em down to lowest #, low~1/3 maturity to provide *some* amusement for hunters!

I too like to hunt those huge combis... got thigh/shin vigi off of them (Male, too!), but those DAMN MOURNERS!!... MY GOD!!!... :(

Please give us lower~middle level hunters a good combi hunting ground! :D

Naifas Anaconda said:
I'd vote for large cornundos and some big repesilex, since there are no other LAs with these two...
I agree ...... but med amounts of big Rocks :) :)

Bigass Repesilex. :D

Cornudos Stalker , Combibo Stalkers , Low Number-Maturity Repes.

Really anoying mob , no loots most of the times i've killed em and in that land with additional white fog you ned a big target...

I think Cornudos- Combi would work great , i would like to hunt there ... :yup:

I think huge commundos and maybe small to medium combibo.

The repsilex...i don't have much of a clue but i hate them and i imagine a lot of others do to :).

Good luck.

for sure keep the comibos stalkers - hunting them on the other LA is no fun becuase there are not enough of them around and those $@#$@# mourners keep killing me (and half my hunt there is avoiding the mourners and then getting brave to take one one and getting killed half the time)

definitly biggest comibos, corrandus and i dont know what these resplix things are but if they are anything like merps (ie..high agression) then ax them.

by the time any noob actullly makes it up to that TP they will be able to handle these fine - anything less than stalkers will be a waste

Lots of great comments, I'll answer direct questions and some specific topics here:

Level said:
2.Repisilex-situation is complicated...one rare DNA...extermination would be just a waste as you pointed-good thinking-so Max numbers, young-old mutarity.
3.Combibo-we have already Stalkers on another land as you pointed :) so I think exterminate it.

No DNA will be exterminated as I only exterminate DNA if I can replace it.
Right now none of the three appear to be possible to recreate :(

Alice said:
Im for cornundos, no really high maturities anywhere else, what about caudatergus(if that works) to them? more or less the same in agression etc.

Caudatergus aren't in this land area.

steffel said:
well, stil there is the option to compete with the combibo stalker land and offer that mob too. depends on what % of tax you have in mind :) and if you are willing to pick a tax war

Tax will be 4% for both hunting and mining.
Tax is not likely to go higher than 4%, in fact I may reduce it at some point in the future or for special events ;)

Titus Wolf said:
lol.. you should have made this a poll...
Hahaha I was going to but decided it would be more useful to get reasons for why people voted since the choices are not clear cut :)

levithanikos said:
[Repesilx are a] Really anoying mob , no loots most of the times i've killed em and in that land with additional white fog you ned a big target...

The fog I didn't notice until I was doing a mining survey today, it doesn't cover the entire area but makes hunting anything small even harder than it normally would be. So you are right, big targets would be better.

dakini said:
i dont know what these resplix things are but if they are anything like merps (ie..high agression) then ax them.

Repesilex are among one of the least agressive creatures around. I was mining amongst 4-5 of them regularly and they just waddled around or fled. Of course if you get right next to one for long enough it will attack but since they like to move away it takes some effort to get them to attack you, unless you're blasting it of course.

Thank you everybody for your suggestions! I'm going to spend a couple of hours gathering it all together before making a decision - see you soon :)

- Deathifier

Last edited:
Changed my mine a little bit, been running around your land a lot. Try running the very annoying and coward repsilex with biggest maturity for a week, maybe they are awesome to hunt when higher maturity. If that doesn't work out well (prolly not), scrap them totally! Yes, replace the DNA with something else. In low maturity they are just annoying and worthless. Better use that DNA-spot for something else. Preferably something that combines with combibo and cornundos.

Oh btw, been mining some on ur land, got a 641 HOF melchi, ty :) Seems like ur land mainly consist of melchi and belk, then some cumbriz, alicenis gel and gah, cant remember cobalt maybe. And those stupd acid roots of course. I have not found any oil or lyst, thank god! :)

Ok the decision has been made - meet the new Cornundos Stalkers!

It came down to three options at the end:
1. Cornundos Stalkers
2. Combibo Stalkers and Cornundos Stalkers
3. Repesilex Stalkers

I chose #1 and I can turn it into #2 pretty easily but I don't particularly want to do so just yet.

#3 was a really strong contender because it was my original plan :)
Unfortunately after I examined the area in more detail (during a mining survey) I found that they are simply too small to hunt given the vegetation that covers the place. There will still be a fair number of these around for the next couple of weeks though.

Demand for Cornundos and a Cornundos/Combibo mix also outweighed any sort of Repesilex spawn by more than 2:1.

Thus the Cornundos rule the area for now, enjoy!
- Deathifier

Sounds like a good plan, would still love to see some combibos in the future, as the spawn in the other land is minimal and the mourners are sometimes spoiling the fun.

Can someone please post the damage the cornundos stalkers do? It's not in pe-wiki and would like to know it before I get in there :scared: Thanks!

beautygal said:
Sounds like a good plan, would still love to see some combibos in the future, as the spawn in the other land is minimal and the mourners are sometimes spoiling the fun.

Can someone please post the damage the cornundos stalkers do? It's not in pe-wiki and would like to know it before I get in there :scared: Thanks!

Cornundos stalkers have 410hp and from my own experience do about 60dmg max unarmoured.
As far as I know they do a mix of stab/cut/impact so most armour should keep you safe :)

- Deathifier

Deathifier said:
Cornundos stalkers have 410hp and from my own experience do about 60dmg max unarmoured.
As far as I know they do a mix of stab/cut/impact so most armour should keep you safe :)

- Deathifier

Yay that is then doable for little me! Thanks! Will visit soon :cool:

beautygal said:
Yay that is then doable for little me! Thanks! Will visit soon :cool:

Me too! :D

Back