Credit where credit is due ... again

Jennson

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Jennson Laudi Marakomm
So some years passed since i joined EU. When i joined all was new and exciting, but the old timer were in a state of "long time nothing interesting happened state". Well i can't say this applies for me because some months after i joined the big shutdown came and we all waited eagerly for the Cry2-Update which appeared soon and brought excitment as well as disappointment. Excitment about redesigned and new places, new geography and new effects. Disappointment mainly about missing systems.

Though it's been more than 2 years we are waiting for the systems to reappear ( and still some are not back yet ) the ones we saw coming back were polished in a direction i like. Simplify in places where things shouldn't be complicated and give things for all level of players. Yes there is still room for improvment and there SHOULD always be room for improvment, because nothing can be perfect, and we'll find points in everything MA does which some like and some doesn't, but we can't argue many things along the past years they also made some things good.

-We saw mindforce coming back and i like the way it is.

-We saw vehicles coming and i like the diversity they brought and the affordability for the broad mass of the community.

-We saw missions, it is still a very basic system which can be pushed much further to be epic, but well it's a start.

-We saw planets coming some i like, some are not so my favour, but it is still good they are here.

-With the planets new items came and this is good

-We saw space coming, i don't like the all pvp idea, but it is good we have space.

-A heap of new mobs came. Some on Caly and many with the new planets. This can't be bad either.

-The newbie areas and gear imho a great way to check out the game and give a cheap guided start for newcomers

-Mining got an overhaul and basically i like the change.

-Fort Events and LG came back. Hmm i don't PK, so i can't comment this

-Now ammo type variety was reduced whih i consider a good thing because yet again a system was simplified where complexity doesn't serve a purpose imho

-Mentoring came back and beside a few bugs which might come up the next days it seems pretty well thought out and impementation looks well

Yes we are still waiting for systems to be fixed, for systems to be reimplemeted, but the way most mentioned systems got their overhaul i'm confident it was worth the time to wait for them.

The only thing that is still left is the loot variance. When they find a way to reduce it, they made my little perfect virtual world, which will only be perfect because it has its edges, which are not perfect.

Now call me a fanboy, but not everything was bad during the past years and many changes brought a nice variety and depth into EU.

So credit where credit is due, i read already too much whining the past years.

Well said +rep :)

Looking forward to beacons again.

mmm, beacons :) I agree much progress has been made, slowly but surely.

Yep, just beacons, taming and making masks left to come back if I remember correctly!

Almost there :wtg:

I have been playing EU for a full on year now so I cant comment on the old days but on the new updates I can, to put it straight I love anything that EU puts out as EU is my number 1 addiction the very first day I played this game I found it to be way better than any other MMO the game play is awsome and the community is even better.

I can confidently say I Beleive this game can only get better.:wtg:

nice said...seems not all depresed and see "sky is falling" in everything :D

I agree, I am loving all the improvements!

narfi

yupp yupp.. I agree.. now gif tze op an ATH! :laugh:

Oh, yes, +rep. :)

Good post. I feel the same way. Including being sick of all the whiners.

+rep

Nice to see a positive post:D +rep:)

Thank you!

thank you for not completely giving old mentors no credit. It would have been nice though for our old disciple graduates to count. I hope our mentor skills counts to something though thanks for not erasing them.

Also does how many disciples you have especially how many you have that did not graduate have anything to do with what mentor gifts you have? I tend to take on anyone asking for help but many people quit after the first couple of days.

Another thing i'd like is maybe a last time they logged in indication on the disciples page. Be nice to know fi they havn't logged on or have and you just miss them and get an idea of when to look for them. A send offline message would be even greater.

I wanna be a mentor ..it says I can't cuz I don't have the skills needed...does 55 prospecting profession not count or 57 pistoleer hit profession not count either?..Was a nice update but doesn't work for me yet..

I wanna be a mentor ..it says I can't cuz I don't have the skills needed...does 55 prospecting profession not count or 57 pistoleer hit profession not count either?..Was a nice update but doesn't work for me yet..

Register as a Mentor first. Right click the screen, select system, then Mentoring. Once you list yourself as a mentor that error should go away. It seems like there's just a problem in the verbage of the errors.

Maybe we have to figure out as players why certain things don'T work or have to wait until the bugs are patched. Yes bugs always suck, but that does not mean it's not good to have mentoring back. Hope you can work it out.

Cheers

Although I'm not an old dog and have a different approach on Entropia (I don't see it as a game)
I must say that I agree with Mr Jennson here. Also a good example what forums need these days;
positive attitude without overdoing it. Thumbs up.

Coffee break is over, back to mining.

I agree! nice post :wtg:
+rep

matho, matho.... old critic is turning into satisfied player
:lolup:

Yes, good update, good work MA, good thread :)

Are you sure you are not a disciple ? or you weren't a disciple before mentoring was taken away ? I had same problem, but after I finished my mentorship I can be mentor for less skilled players than me.

I agree with all of your points....Including the loot variance.

I don't care much about bringing back the old system, and the bugs we have in almost every updates.
I think, MA will bring back old system based on their importance and MA's priority.
Bugs are inherent part of and sotftware development ... it'll be there ... just report it, have patience ... and MA will solve it.

But my main concern is, with all these nice improvemtns, we don't see any significant increase in player base.

The new planets NI and RT are deserted and facing uncertain future... Ark is struggling.... without functioning planets we can't have meaningful interplanetary trade. The entire space beeing lootable people are inhibited to go into space.... and also go into space for what?

The owner of the motherships have invested big sums of money.... and without viable planetary economy and player base MS are useless to the players, to the PP.

Bottom line, the players base need to increase, that's the key to survival of every thing in EU...

The question is, with all these great things MA has done... why is the population not increasing?

1. At this point, I think, it's not the content.....rather it's the way MA is implementing the content has gone wrong (entry point into space is a lootable pvp zone, ... is a typical example.... Space looks much better, but how many will go to space when they know that they can be killed rt after entering into space).

2. The other issue is cost to play...,,,

yeah great jb MA. now fix the loot balance BEFORE ANYTHINGS ELSE

Back