CryEngine 3 when will we see an update?

Haxtor moogle

Prowler
Society
Benevolence
Haxtor Moogle Kupo
Probably not in this lifetime but still... Imagine EU in CryEngine 3 !!!

::: Drools:::
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kvl31g77Z8[/YOUTUBE]

sooooo amazing!

That's really cool. I'm sure you'll need the latest and greatest System requirements to run that kind of graphics.

But still I love how Graphics and Game Play has come along in the last two years. Awesome!

Let MA make another anouncement! Next year cryengine 3 implented!
SGA age 3! more crappy loot and more topics to cry about it WEEEE :yay:

Btw, that does look insane :O

It's a nice engine , but lolz , by the time most bugs will be fixed and stuff reimplemented for the one we recently got , CryEngine 4 will be out , so i guess we'll skip the 3rd xD

Calypso will never look as realistic as it was promised, even in CryEngine 3. MA is simply not capable to do that.

Maybe other planets will look a bit more "realistic" using CryEngine2...

So, dream on -_-

Not too soon I hope too :p

The only thing that's been happening the last years where gfx updates.

From what I've heard CryEngine 3 is mostly CryEngine 2 ported to run on consoles. No? :scratch2:

I mean the video is just about consoles and all. So in theory we could have the same scenery already.

From what I've heard CryEngine 3 is mostly CryEngine 2 ported to run on consoles. No? :scratch2:

I mean the video is just about consoles and all. So in theory we could have the same scenery already.

Yes, its mainly a console port, but CryEngine 3 can be used to develop Windows PC games as well.

Shouldn't be too hard to update to CE3, but lets get CE2 running perfectly first :D

I see no reasons to drool over this. Cryengine 2 on DX10 PC version looks better than what these consoles can pull off(xbox360, ps3).

CryEngine 3 means 3x more crying and 3x more and biger bugs, issues etc etc :p
If MA/FPC couldn't give us fixed and ready to play CryEngine2, imagine what would happen after they release CryEngine3 for us.

Ofcourse, it s abvously amazing and incredible graphics and saying it is not is not smart move.

I am thinking like a year ago(or so?) we had CryEngine2 In other games, now in a year or less time period we almost already having CryEngine3 which graphics is WAY much better than the bests. So what will happen after 5years? Are we going to have CryEngine10 that is 100% graphics as real world or something?
Programming world growing very fast and give us new updates and technologys everyday... It's an amazing tihng. :)

Cryengine 2 on DX10 PC version looks better than what these consoles can pull off

Agreed, but you'd need a motivated developer team with some liberty.
EU will probably never even reach 50% of CE2's capabilities.

There's nothing really that CE3 can offer the MA/FPC team over CE2. It's got a few additions, like an upgraded sandbox editor, but most of the improvements have been allowing it to work on the PS3 and XBox 360.

Here's a little video showing how much better CE2 looks on a PC than CE3 looks on consoles.

http://www.n4g.com/News-346801.aspx

Personally, I'm thrilled that they went with CE2. First off, it was most likely cheaper. Second, IT'S ALREADY DONE!!

:yay:

Remember, guys. First step was to port the existing Calypso to CE2. That is mostly done. Once they get in the groove we will start to see a lot of improvements in the game and the environments I think as they tweak and perfect and truly upgrade Calypso to function to capacity with the CE2 engine.

Great job to MA/FPC so far on the conversion. Can't wait until we see the other new things on the way.

I couldn't find clear information of the level of Direct X 11 support the CryEngine 3 will offer.
There is the chance of a very nice performance increase on DirectX11 cards for the same visual quality.
On the other hand we don't have a Direct X 10 render path now, for which the same, although to a lesser degree would be true.

The whole engine change had no positive effect on the game as far as i can tell.
Overall it was done unprofessional and lacks in every part.
We still are month away from getting the game back to where it was before VU10, some more month to finish deserted parts off the game (taming etc.), update existing system that lack functionality (auction, soc options etc.) and add new content (quests etc.).

The general question is, can EU survive at all and for that it has to generate buzz and in order to generate buzz the only viable option left, is a good reputation and word of mouth.

MA media stunts work less and less every time, so a change towards the CryEngine 3, while it might be a nice thing to do, for owner of Direct X 11 cards or those that will most likely buy one, within the next year won't generate any buzz.

In my book it comes down to cost and for that we would have to know the specifics of the CryEngine2 deal to begin with.
If the costs are only marginal and the work needed to update to a Direct X 11 render path can be done within a reasonable timeframe ( 5-10% of MA manpower for 1 to 2 month top) i think it would still makes sense.

Going from dream back to the real world my answer has to be short and simple.

NEVER

yeah, and with added editor tools to make game-making easier :wise:

like for example there apparently were no 4-legged models when MA got CE2 so they had to reprogram 2-legged ones :wtg:

Calypso will never look as realistic as it was promised, even in CryEngine 3. MA is simply not capable to do that.

So, dream on -_-

Yep, pretty much a lost cause.
Oh, they can talk a good talk and strut a good strut with their hairy chest and ton of bling but when it comes time to perform all they got is a limpie and a bunch of excuses.:rolleyes::handjob:

graphics are amazing on that video, well that's what I think

I agree that EU will probably never upgrade to that in our lifetime though ;)

i also agree that we will need uber equipment if we do get an upgrade :)

you know Cryengine 3 is just a dumbed down version of Cryengine 2.

They only developed cryengine 3 for games to be developed with it on games consoles such as the PS3 and xBox 360.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WJG14uLA3k[/YOUTUBE]

It wouldn't make any improvements to entropia but instead just limit the possibilities that could further be developed for things such as interaction with plants.

yes, but people see "3", assume its better and go all weak at the knees, not realising its no better than the existing engine.

it's one thing to do some "show off" scenes, an other thing to do a full game that is updated regulary with new items and stuff. Doing that kind of grahpic in EU would be very expansive a guess. But i think we will see small improvments now and then when they have had more time to use the cryengine and learn how to handle it. Much of the grahpic right now is converted stuff (mobs), when they add new things i think they are going to look a bit better.

maybe the platform will be easy to upgrade to CE3 now that CE2 has been implemented so just a wait and see what the future holds.

Thanks for posting the vid :)

C

you know Cryengine 3 is just a dumbed down version of Cryengine 2.

They only developed cryengine 3 for games to be developed with it on games consoles such as the PS3 and xBox 360.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WJG14uLA3k[/YOUTUBE]

It wouldn't make any improvements to entropia but instead just limit the possibilities that could further be developed for things such as interaction with plants.

...but it can be used to develop Windows PC games as well.

wow :) thats amazing awesome stuff.

Yes but even on PC its dulled down and no better than the cryengine 2 with patches. Example: Shoot a plant in CE2 it affects the plant and everything around the plant from the disturbance, in CE3 it will only shake the plant.

Yes but even on PC its dulled down and no better than the cryengine 2 with patches. Example: Shoot a plant in CE2 it affects the plant and everything around the plant from the disturbance, in CE3 it will only shake the plant.

Actually thats not entirely true.

There are improvements on the PC side in CE3 over CE2, but on the console side stuff has been stepped down a notch so that it will WORK with the same "game" and engine without needing to wait 5+years for a console that can cope with the stress.

So in escence, CE3 is an improvement on the PC side, lots of stuff has been made less "demanding" whilst adding new features of different magnitude to add even more realism, without limiting the endusers to topend equipment.

So, dream on -_-

Your right in that this VU10 doesn't fully exploit the capabilities of CE2. I think MA are capable of making it much better and more realistic but it's going to take them time. With gamebryo they did a really good job of eventually tweaking it to give good graphics but it took them a while to get there.

It'll be the same here once the platform is stabilized I imagine they'll set one team on improving the graphics to be more realistic.

Actually thats not entirely true.

There are improvements on the PC side in CE3 over CE2, but on the console side stuff has been stepped down a notch so that it will WORK with the same "game" and engine without needing to wait 5+years for a console that can cope with the stress.

So in escence, CE3 is an improvement on the PC side, lots of stuff has been made less "demanding" whilst adding new features of different magnitude to add even more realism, without limiting the endusers to topend equipment.

I've heard this mentioned as well. Thanks for the informative post +rep.

Question is how difficult it is to upgrade a CE2 game to CE3? If it's a simply matter of running a patch or two that would be cool but somehow I don't think it's that simple.

First, thanks for quoting one post of mine three times :). This really is rare. :ahh:

Yes, its mainly a console port, but CryEngine 3 can be used to develop Windows PC games as well.

Are you trying to make a point here? ;)

Back