Crypto mining rig building stream

addz

Elite
Rocky Addz Harley
Something a bit out of the ordinary today.

Going to build a crypto currency mining rig which I know a few people here have had an interest in. If you want tune in come and watch over at

www.twitch.tv/KingAddz

EDIT:

Here is a link to the saved livestream for anyone who missed it

Building a Crypto Rig

Last edited:
Something a bit out of the ordinary today.

Going to build a crypto currency mining rig which I know a few people here have had an interest in. If you want tune in come and watch over at

www.twitch.tv/KingAddz

I didn't get home in time to watch but I hope you saved that video. :wtg:

⛏?

Wow - how did you get all those graphics cards?! Nice video...heads up on the Theta netwok BTW especially theta.tv since you a streamer too.

For anyone who missed it, I have saved the video here and you should be able to go back and what it whenever you want.

I will likely be doing another rig in a week or 2 from now so ill keep you posted if I can livestream that one too.

Building a rig

I see the challange of building such a powerful rig.
Thumbs up for mastering it.

But cryptomining is one of the least efficient ways to transform fossil energy into some "value".
Do you power this with green energy or do you buy CO2 certificates to compensate for this immense contribution to global warming?

Last edited:
I see the challange of building such a powerful rig.
Thumbs up for mastering it.

But cryptomining is one of the least efficient ways to transform fossil energy into some "value".
Do you power this with green energy or do you buy CO2 certificates to compensate for this immense contribution to global warming?

I have 29 solar panels providing around 8.7 Kw of Solar power to my house. Most of the time I'm feeding excess power into the grid despite running the rigs. I do have to buy power off the grid in the evenings though. When battery tech come a little further in terms of performance and price id love to invest in that too and be self sufficient 24/7

I have 29 solar panels providing around 8.7 Kw of Solar power to my house. Most of the time I'm feeding excess power into the grid despite running the rigs. I do have to buy power off the grid in the evenings though. When battery tech come a little further in terms of performance and price id love to invest in that too and be self sufficient 24/7

Good practice! And thank you for this compensation!

My guilty conscience about powering an air condition started my own photovoltaic array project.
Your setup and plans are almost identical to mine (36 x 275Wp = 9,90kWp) and now I cant wait for affordable battery packs to bring me over the night.

Your setup and plans are almost identical to mine (36 x 275Wp = 9,90kWp) and now I cant wait for affordable battery packs to bring me over the night.

Nice setup,

Unfortunately I ran out of space to put anymore panels so I put the 300w panels instead to try and make up for it a little bit.

Back