Crysis 2 Live Stream on Youtube right now

He is playing CoD4 now :mad:

There isnt a graphics card on the market that could run a MMOG at crysis quality level And there likely wont be for at least another 5 years.

Geometry is easy. An army of npcs isnt that hard either if you cheat a lil.... However, as soon as you throw 100 avatars on the screen, all with different textures it'll slow to a crawl.

Now there are things they could do that would make it look a lot better now. Mainly vegetation related. They could increase vegetation quality, draw distance, those types of things. As long as they give us a slider so we can tune it to whatever system we have.... People with mid-high end modern cards could certainly tweak these settings up and keep sufficient frame rates.

Keep in mind that crysis 2 currently has only DX9 enabled and v.high preset is disabled. If you think it looks good now I'm interested to see how it looks when they enable v.high and patch in DX11 (Confirmed earlier today).

Keep in mind that crysis 2 currently has only DX9 enabled and v.high preset is disabled. If you think it looks good now I'm interested to see how it looks when they enable v.high and patch in DX11 (Confirmed earlier today).

I'm playing it in the ps3 and it looks AWESOME!

it runs much quicker on my machine compared to Crysis, its auto detect said I had an extreme system which is slightly off as it's approaching 4 years old has a gfx card two gens old. It's missing good maps like the harbour which is my favourite from the first and a good vehicle map. Overall though I think it's a slightly better game because you can use multiple suit powers at once, that the visor now has another purpose other than a zoom and that you can upgrade the suit which I would have maxed if I could have collected the alien nano particles in the final map.

It takes a little while to get adjusted to the new controls but they do make sense considering the other changes. The only downside is that you can't save at any point and it only has automatic save points so you can't redo sections so it means you're attempting the same section 7 or 8 times.

<edit> doh, just found the game save load screen and the mission replay one. It also keeps the final state of the nano suit and the weapon add ons you've unlocked when you complete the game.

The ammo crates instead of hunting for the correct ammo for you gun though is a direct influence of consoles and that they run out of ammo after two or three reloads.

Downloading the v1.2 patch right now. Considering that EA are the publisher getting any patches is a miracle.

edit 2: looks like v1.2 fixes the not being able to collect the nano catalyst in the final mission.

Last edited:
I'm playing it in the ps3 and it looks AWESOME!

i've seen a side by side comparison of the console and pc version, and I must say the PC version is way better.

Yeah. But my PS3 only cost $300.

And my PC can do everything. My PS3 can only do PS3 games and various media consumption.

Back