Crystal Palace Mercenary Recruitment Advisory

this tread made me smile.
good job MA to put 5K limit for ppl to enter the area (those ppl that will push hard to get to 5K are the one that will pay for the reward given) old trick that seem still to work. Who say MA stuff is not working on new ideea ?:laugh:
Not going to take the bait need to kill Proterons and spiders before moving to Aurlie.
GL to all the one that are doing the event.

1.) Just did that with Mayhem category instances.

2.) When they've spent 3.3 million peds on it?

1.) Cat 1 high score says differently

2.) So then it's official... a member of one of the top SOCs in-game concedes that the wealthy ARE IN FACT favored by MindArk.... Thanks for clarifying that.....

Oh... and to clarify something.... I think it's GREAT that hard workers get rewarded. That being said.... the poor buggers doing all the depositing and loosing their shirts at ALL levels should be rewarded. HOW? I don't know.... Still... "Spend XXX and we'll give ya something fun as a bonus" is only OK IMO if there is also a "Spend XX..." and "Spend X....".

Menace

Yes, i've given up the will to stay up there, just cant do the 5k, will take to long. Did 250 this weekend, not gonna do another 4750.

Good luck all those who have done the 5k, when the area opens.

Suppose i'll be watching on twitch etc.

Cheers FPC crew :)

1.)...So then it's official... a member of one of the top SOCs in-game concedes that the wealthy ARE IN FACT favored by MindArk.... Thanks for clarifying that.....

I don't interpret Xen's comment to mean that at all.

I think he's simply pointing out that Crystal Palace isn't your average Calypso LA, just as FOMA as a whole isn't (and no, I don't mean the individually owned domes there, I mean the whole asteroid).

1.) Cat 1 high score says differently

2.) So then it's official... a member of one of the top SOCs in-game concedes that the wealthy ARE IN FACT favored by MindArk.... Thanks for clarifying that.....

Oh... and to clarify something.... I think it's GREAT that hard workers get rewarded. That being said.... the poor buggers doing all the depositing and loosing their shirts at ALL levels should be rewarded. HOW? I don't know.... Still... "Spend XXX and we'll give ya something fun as a bonus" is only OK IMO if there is also a "Spend XX..." and "Spend X....".

Menace

1. Oh yeah, that changes everything...

2. Yes, that is what I am saying, although I don't know what my soc has to do with it. He is a top "customer". Have you ever owned a business?

Cant remeber now but i think that upon CP sale MA made few promisses to improve CP and add more things up there. That cud be in annuncement or in various answers on forums.
In that time i understood or thinked that they will open back - docks for spaceships or privaters, that they maybe add soome dome and maybe also appartments.
So if i remeber right then MA is doing just what they promissed long time a go and nothing more.

2. He is a top "customer". Have you ever owned a business?

As a matter of fact I have/do... and in the real world... the 10000 small customers are JUST as important as the handful of BIG customers! In fact... in THIS model (EU) the small fish should be shown favoritism as THEY are the ones financially sustaining the game and the company.... Not the Skippies, Stars, Strykers, etc. who are earning a living/annual wage off the game. Unfortunately though... MA knows the small fish are made up of a large part gambling addicts and don't have to do anything other than throw some big loots on the HoF board once in a while to keep em' around.

*EDIT* I now fall under the "non depositor" category which IMO also excludes me from being deserving of any special "offers" as well. So this is NOT a "Waahhhh.... Menace doesn't get anything good" standpoint.....

Menace

Last edited:
While details of the proposed mission were not specified in the bulletin, anonymous sources mentioned disturbing alien activity observed recently in previously sealed portions of the aging space station.

Very curious to know what has been sealed away in the Space Station I've been living in for 3 years! Hmm but if those aliens have been locked away for so long?... They must be pretty angry... and Hungry!

Gearing up now along with all the rest of you brave mercenaries to see what is going to be waiting for us in those sealed off areas!

:lift: :sniper: :handgun:

Buzz, when this becomes a reality, I humbly request that you lower the taxes to aid those working on the 5k mission. At least for a time to help celebrate/promote this event. Please consider this request.

As a matter of fact I have/do... and in the real world... the 10000 small customers are JUST as important as the handful of BIG customers! In fact... in THIS model (EU) the small fish should be shown favoritism as THEY are the ones financially sustaining the game and the company.... Not the Skippies, Stars, Strykers, etc. who are earning a living/annual wage off the game. Unfortunately though... MA knows the small fish are made up of a large part gambling addicts and don't have to do anything other than throw some big loots on the HoF board once in a while to keep em' around.

*EDIT* I now fall under the "non depositor" category which IMO also excludes me from being deserving of any special "offers" as well. So this is NOT a "Waahhhh.... Menace doesn't get anything good" standpoint.....

Menace

I don't know what Skippie, Star or Stryker have to do with this, they didn't pay 3.3 million ped for a space station.

I don't understand why anyone has a problem with CP getting enhancements.

oh a note to the whiners(wieners)

Shoot more whine less;)

Itll get you a lot further in eu.

For that matter
Keep doing what your doing and youll keep getting what you got.

Want a new and different outcome change something. In this case change your style of game play.

I dont have 5k mission done, ill be working on it, if i get there in time sweet ill reap the rewards if not im that much closer to a big Fa chip:)

Happy hoffing all! And gz rick! Couldnt agree more!

Buzz, when this becomes a reality, I humbly request that you lower the taxes to aid those working on the 5k mission. At least for a time to help celebrate/promote this event. Please consider this request.

why he will lover the taxe ? the guy made investement (from what i seen in the past on CP is not good investement) so finaly he gets litle push from MA to colect few dollars and he suposed to lover he income ?

Just don't do the event planty of events will comme to Calypso why rush...

Very curious to know what has been sealed away in the Space Station I've been living in for 3 years! Hmm but if those aliens have been locked away for so long?... They must be pretty angry... and Hungry!

That old closet you have been putting off cleaning out for all of that time? Its infested with aliens ;)

This event is to reward veteran players, who have invested time and money in-game. If you are a veteran hunter, you should have completed 5k aurli. Too many whining, MA said clearly that this event is for vet players.

sigh I am Midlevel forever....

Very interesting to see that Buzz is feigning curiosity, as he must either know exactly what is going on, or be frantically consulting his lawyers.

On the face of it, if he gets tax revenue from new domes, his investment has rocketed, if he doesn't, his investment has crashed. Or maybe if the event runs for a year, it is aimed at those who want to spend 2 months doing the 5k Aurli, then participate, in which case Buzz gets some tax.

This is beginning to sound like RT's Prison, just grinding for a year. Now, who owns the shops on CP?

Actually, it is only not beneficial to Buzz if whatever the new area is directly competes with what he has. In every other case he wins, because:
  • more traffic to cp means more people who could visit the existing domes
  • more sales at the shops where he gets tax
  • more incentive to complete 5k aurli that gives him taxes

thats even if he doesn't get taxes from the new area (and he might).

• Evader is the most important hunting profession.
  • Aurli is the best evade-giving mob (naturally + there's additional bonus in the form of the mission reward).
If the goal is to determine who qualifies as "medium level hunter", this is actually the best and most logical choice possible - because u can reverse the whole thing - for a lvl25-30 evader here's the fastest way possible to become the real medium level hunter via natural skilling. Not sure, maybe u can even start with lvl20 + fapper?
Yes your armor decay will be huge, yes it will cost u a lot... but after u finished your avatar isn't the same avatar any more, it's a whole new world that will open up. Hard to describe, u will know once u have seen it.
Is it worth the trouble? Can u afford the cost? Decisions, decisions... :wtg:

Take it easy. Hopefully it won't be the only TEN event and there will be other stuff for ppl who can't or don't want to enter this one for whatever reason.
If the new dome/area will be open for at least a year there's no hurry anyway. Veterans will collect all the rewards and u can go up there later! .... kiddin (hopefully) :silly2:

Last edited:
  • Aurli is the best evade-giving mob (naturally + there's additional bonus in the form of the mission reward).
If the goal is to determine who qualifies as "medium level hunter", this is actually the best and most logical choice possible - because u can reverse the whole thing - for a lvl25-30 evader here's the fastest way possible to become the real medium level hunter via natural skilling. Not sure, maybe u can even start with lvl20 + fapper?
Yes your armor decay will be huge, yes it will cost u a lot... but after u finished your avatar isn't the same avatar any more, it's a whole new world that will open up. Hard to describe, u will know once u have seen it.
Is it worth the trouble? Can u afford the cost? Decisions, decisions... :wtg:

Take it easy. Hopefully it won't be the only TEN event and there will be other stuff for ppl who can't or don't want to enter this one for whatever reason.
If the new dome/area will be open for at least a year there's no hurry anyway. Veterans will collect all the rewards and u can go up there later! .... kiddin (hopefully) :silly2:

Good post.

I agree Fifth in fact skilling in general moves fast on CP as well as superb evade gains. Sure armour decay can be massive without the right evader skill, so hunters do need to consider their skill level. In fact the only reason I kill Aurli with MF is the years I spent building up evade with other weapons, so slowly killing aurlis with MF for me, is not so much of a decay issue anymore. I would recommend rifle/carbines where ever possible to at least limit some of the armour bill for those with lower evade skill. Very true decision decisions.

Rick

Good post.

I agree Fifth in fact skilling in general moves fast on CP as well as superb evade gains. Sure armour decay can be massive without the right evader skill, so hunters do need to consider their skill level. In fact the only reason I kill Aurli with MF is the years I spent building up evade with other weapons, so slowly killing aurlis with MF for me, is not so much of a decay issue anymore. I would recommend rifle/carbines where ever possible to at least limit some of the armour bill for those with lower evade skill. Very true decision decisions.

Rick

Don't forget the cost increase, important not to ignore that in this context :D

Im glad for Buzz. I hope anyone that can participate in this wont post any screens or stream hehe...Now i need to kill another 5600 aurlis :O

Hmmm. This seems to have got a lot of juices stirring :)

If the event is on for a year, why is there so much 'panic' about qualifying on day one?

Have I done 5k Aurli? Yes
Am I an Uber? Most definitely not. Neither in skills nor gear.
Did it take buckets of peds? Not particularly. I did it over several months last year. Good loot, I stayed on CP. Bad loot, I did something else.
Will I register for the new event? Of course. I qualify for it and it has piqued my interest.
Will I depo extra to take part? No
Will Buzz benefit? From people grinding 5k Aurli, yes. But this is more an acceleration of earnings IMHO. Only so many people to do the mission, but now some will be doing it earlier ;) From the event? Who knows? MA could just be using CP as a launch point to an instance that is outside the scope of his tax income. Give it a couple of weeks and we will all know the truth.

Personally, I think the 5k Aurli is just a line in the sand. Achievable by many but does require a little staying power. MA knows that anyone in Grem+5B can do the 5k, so it would be a little disappointing if the event turned out to require a large step up in gear from that used to qualify. Speculation is a mugs game, so I am not going to. We shall see what happens in a couple of weeks (or sooner).

Ff

WOW, really everyone!??!?! Really????

THIS IS FOR THE WHINERS....

After reading through this... I have to make the following comments because it is just... sad... how some peep's perceptions can be.

First off... It states that this is for veteran players. VETERAN! I took a 4 year ish break to come back and now have to complete this mission myself... not complaining, just grinding. Am I a veteran? No... Can I get to that status (in regards to this mission). Yes, because anyone can.

Secondly.... Does acquiring this 'veteran' status have to be instant??? No. Thank you FForest for making that comment... everyone seems to think we need to have this finished asap, when the comments are made it will be around for at least a year. Thats plenty of time!!!! STOP CRYING!!!! :whiner: Everyone has the ability to reach this goal of 5k Aurlie, period. Whether you want to grind away at it for short term gain or if your ped card can't afford, take your time and work your way to it. Either way..... Spend more time in game getting there than whining here please.... which leads me to my next point....

Third.... STOP CRYING!!!!!! :whiner: THANK YOU to Snake, Fifth and Rick E. for stating the obvious.... even one one person stated that they wanted to just pay BUzz 1k and MA 3k to get into the event.... to pay to get out of hunting to just hunt... I mean come on, where is your thought processes to come up with such ridiculousness?!?! Either do the missions... or do something else. Thats the Beauty of EU!!! THe diversity!!!

It just seems sad that people will cry about anything. Snake said it best:

"People complain that some of the big avatars login once a year to get their MM prizes and when MA make event that they can't just walk into those same guys complain that you need to have played the game to enter the event.
You guys make me laugh"

So people complain that ubers just show up to get into the event, people complain that ubers have hunted to show their status of being able to enter the event.... is there no end to Whining?!?!

I am just grateful that this is on CP where BUzz manages it. Hes a good person and actually cares about his fellow participants in the game. He hit a HOF yesterday and felt bad.... haha He is to nice for his own good! So to 'retaliate' against that dam HOF he had to get... he hosted a free event giving out a large amount of peds.... So you guys asking for him to lower the tax or thinking this is some conspiracy with MA to increase his bank account blah blah blah... again... STOP WHINING!!!!

I am also grateful that MA actually announced this WELL in advance so that we do have time to prepare for it, both the 'veteran hunters' and the whiners who will just sit and complain about it and do nothing else. FYI, I am not now nor ever will be an advocate for MA in anyway BUT the way this was handled in particular... kudos MA. Though I already know the ones whining in here would be just as whiney if it was SUDDENLY announced and the new place JUST opened.... How would you whiners feel then? Oh wait... we already know because you show that when you have plenty of time to prepare and just whine or look for shortcuts out of it... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

flame me, bash me, agree with me, blah blah. I already know the peeps who will -rep me are just the whiners who wont actually go attempt the mission. Just had to put this out there.... and end it with....

STOP WHINING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jease.....

p.s. I just realized I am whining... about the whiners... DARN... becoming one of them! :laugh:

Last edited:
Hehe its quite fun to see sweaty ubers grinding aurlis now anyway :) Its a very good initiative by MA i Think. More stuff like this!

Stop fighting guys and just hunt. Deed revenue has gone up this week cuz of you, cheers !

Agreed with the first bullet; best defense is to not get hit in the first place.

The second bullet has been wrong until the recent VU 14 nerfs. I did the the 10k Aurli and have the Wurmcup to prove it. Yet the skillgains from grinding Carabok were orders of magnitude greater than what Aurli gave me. The losses were also orders of magnitude smaller. The fact that it was empty on CP and crowded on the carabok fields says it all. MA had to react and fix it of course, nothing too good can last. Ah well.

Offering fap service on Alien mission.

/Slupor

My only comment on this will be that finally the greatest player in this game ( Buzz ) will get some WELL DESERVED attention to his investment. Cant be bothered to stop mining myself to grind aurlis but hoflist already shows enough people are so keep it up !!!!

flame me, bash me, agree with me, blah blah. I already know the peeps who will -rep me are just the whiners who wont actually go attempt the mission. Just had to put this out there.... and end it with....

if you dont want neg rep, maybe you shouldnt go handing it out so easily then

haha I knew someone would -rep me

cant i just pay buzz 1k peds and MA 3k peds for access so i qualify so i dont have to waste my time hunting? probally about how much peds id loose to do 5k aurli

So I -repped him for this because its well... stupid... and all he says is:

{removed}

For the record Crazy... what you said was just.... well... stupid. Nothing more can be said about it.... and I stated I dont care if you -rep me (as the whiners would anywho). You just proved my point. I have only handed out -rep in 6.5 hears ish twice... you are the proud owner of the second one. Continue to make amazing posts like you did and you will happily receive more.

Just goes to what I was saying about whiners... at least neg rep me for something concrete that is directed to a post I made (like I did you)... not just in relation to me giving you -rep because of your stupid statement and you just wanting to be vengeful. Not exactly how the rep system was initially designed I dont think....

I know I am being a littel brutal but jease.... whats this forum coming to with peeps like this....

Last edited by a moderator:
So I -repped him for this because its well... stupid... and all he says is:

{removed}

For the record Crazy... what you said was just.... well... stupid. Nothing more can be said about it.... and I stated I dont care if you -rep me (as the whiners would anywho). You just proved my point. I have only handed out -rep in 6.5 hears ish twice... you are the proud owner of the second one. Continue to make amazing posts like you did and you will happily receive more.

Just goes to what I was saying about whiners... at least neg rep me for something concrete that is directed to a post I made (like I did you)... not just in relation to me giving you -rep because of your stupid statement and you just wanting to be vengeful. Not exactly how the rep system was initially designed I dont think....

I know I am being a littel brutal but jease.... whats this forum coming to with peeps like this....

the forum has a new drama queen, welcome, keep the entertainment coming

Last edited by a moderator:
the forum has a new drama queen, welcome, keep the entertainment coming

New huh? look at our dates in joining lol... Simply genius.... :laugh: I as well as quite a few others thought your wanting to buy your way into a hunting event was quite comical, so dido sir :cool:

I am not going to bother with this individual. Lets bring the thread back to what its supposed to be about, the potential new event from the Aurlie.

Hopefully the responses from some of our 'older' members becomes more intelligent, and not makes you want to :banghead:

New huh? look at our dates in joining lol... Simply genius.... :laugh: I as well as quite a few others thought your wanting to buy your way into a hunting event was quite comical, so dido sir :cool:

I am not going to bother with this individual. Lets bring the thread back to what its supposed to be about, the potential new event from the Aurlie.

Hopefully the responses from some of our 'older' members becomes more intelligent, and not makes you want to :banghead:

Seems your reading skills require some attention so ill try to explain it for you since you are STRUGGLING to understand

I wasnt trying to buy my way into a hunting event, that was sarcasm :banghead: maybe do a google search on that word and you can be the genius and explain to your friends what it means.

my forum create date has nothing to do with my ingame date, and by your own admission you be on a four ish year break, now you are back, and giving me neg reps and personal insults. Hence i call you 'the new drama queen'

But done with this now. Need anymore more help understanding send me a pm i try and explain it a little clearer for you.

Back