Crystal Palace Mercenary Recruitment Advisory

I can confirm that one. Seems there's a certain timer in mob AI. If the mob doesn't get hit by a hunter for a while the timer runs off and the mob switches to "aggressive mode", dealing more damage than usual.
Also, it seems in aggressive mode the evade skillgains drop drastically. I think this behavior was implemented (years ago) as a countermeasure against afk skilling? :scratch2: Not properly tested thou, just a general observation.

You guys are going way over the hedge here with these theory

It's simple, like RL:

mob one hits at second 1 second 5 second 8
mob two hits at second 3 second 7 secont 10

So if I have only 1 mob it will be piece of cake, with 2 mobs almost double the hits I get, there's no paronia like team evade bla bla there

And the fact that a mob becomes more aggressive when you don't hit them it naturally. When you attack a mob you make it's life harder, becoming less competent to hit vs when you left it alone

The only interesting thing is the skill gain you mentioned that is lower when a mobs hits you and you don't, that indeed may be a countermeasure of AFK skilling

I can confirm that one. Seems there's a certain timer in mob AI. If the mob doesn't get hit by a hunter for a while the timer runs off and the mob switches to "aggressive mode", dealing more damage than usual.
Also, it seems in aggressive mode the evade skillgains drop drastically. I think this behavior was implemented (years ago) as a countermeasure against afk skilling? :scratch2: Not properly tested thou, just a general observation.

I agree when I get mobbed due to close proximity agro I seem to get less skill gains than when I blast a group with a rocket to agro them on me

Confirm what? Mobs do not deal more damage or do it more often. If one mob has a 70% chance of missing you, 3 mobs have only 34% chance of missing you. This means that if you have 3 mobs on you, you would get hit twice as often. 4th reduces this to 24%. You are seeing math in action, not some extra levels. If they had a 50% of chance of hitting, you would be being hit all the time (sub 1% chance of miss).

And the fact that a mob becomes more aggressive when you don't hit them it naturally. When you attack a mob you make it's life harder, becoming less competent to hit vs when you left it alone
Agreed, the same effect could be achieved with lowering the (successful) hit-rate of the mob while it receives damage from avatar.
The more i think about that the more i like your explanation - cause mobs 1st hit when it reaches u always tends to be more often successful (meaning, bypassing your evade). Looks like this is the mobs "default" behavior and your hitting it makes it hit less often? Makes sense...

Never observed any increase in the average damage, seems it's just the successful hit rate that's higher than simple mathematical sum. Have to use word "seems" because i have no solid data to back up anything thou. :ahh:

Most ppl seem to agree on the "unattended = less skillgains" thing, lovely! :)

Last edited:
Yea, this is kind of my point. I have low evade, plus less eco armour, plus much less dps than corvette and yet my armour bill is less than half of his on a 1k run.

I have noticed that I am getting hit significantly less now at lvl 24 than I was at level 15, I look forward to it getting even better! :)

OK, please put me on the stupid train haha

Figured out what my problem was... I was using my evil amp.... changed back to dante, repair bill was signifigantly less... what a stinking waste of peds to use the wrong amp.... talk about overkill:dunce: Either way, thats why my rep bill was so much higher that day. Did 2 runs yesterday, first one was the same and then I looked more in detail at my gear and found I had the wrong amp on.....

:dunce: of the year award!

OK, please put me on the stupid train haha

Figured out what my problem was... I was using my evil amp.... changed back to dante, repair bill was signifigantly less... what a stinking waste of peds to use the wrong amp.... talk about overkill:dunce: Either way, thats why my rep bill was so much higher that day. Did 2 runs yesterday, first one was the same and then I looked more in detail at my gear and found I had the wrong amp on.....

:dunce: of the year award!

Or you could shoot with Mindforce nanochips, and have no amp cost and no enhancer cost at all.

Rick

Now that wasn't too bad at all. 5K Aurli mission done

Access to new dome in the bag!!!!!

Phew!!!

GL with your own mission

Rick

Well 800 ped lasted for three days at least and for that i killed 754 aurlis. Cya next month :dunce:

Now that wasn't too bad at all. 5K Aurli mission done

Access to new dome in the bag!!!!!

Phew!!!

GL with your own mission

Rick

Grats....I still have 4,500 more to go to finish the 5k.:cry:
Maybe I can get lucky like you and get some help from MA to finish it. Over 1500 the last week and no hof for me yet.:whiner::broke:

OK, please put me on the stupid train hahaFigured out what my problem was... I was using my evil amp.... changed back to dante, repair bill was signifigantly less... what a stinking waste of peds to use the wrong amp.... talk about overkill:dunce: Either way, thats why my rep bill was so much higher that day. Did 2 runs yesterday, first one was the same and then I looked more in detail at my gear and found I had the wrong amp on..... :dunce: of the year award!

Ahhh, ok, I see now. Sorry I didn't realise you were including non-armour repairs in the total, that makes much more sense now.

4k down 1k to go, loot was pretty good first 2 days but has been bad since.

Hopefully it will pickup again soon, still havent managed a hof in 4k kills on em.

Grats....I still have 4,500 more to go to finish the 5k.:cry:
Maybe I can get lucky like you and get some help from MA to finish it. Over 1500 the last week and no hof for me yet.:whiner::broke:

ty.

Got my hof way past 4500 aurli kills, so get killing and in 4000 more mobs maybe you get a nice drop :yay:

GL Rick

Ahhh, ok, I see now. Sorry I didn't realise you were including non-armour repairs in the total, that makes much more sense now.

Artrat,

As I said.... :dunce: here lol

Finished my 5k :yay::yay: Exited to see what comes next :handgun::handgun::handgun:

5k Aurli - done!
And judging from my tt losses there I just hope the new area realy is spectacular! :yay:

4k down 1k to go, loot was pretty good first 2 days but has been bad since.

Hopefully it will pickup again soon, still havent managed a hof in 4k kills on em.

If you do HoF, get the F%^£ out of there immediately, or you pay most of it back in duff runs thereafter.

Its hard to hit a normal hof up there i killed over 1500 Aruli in dome 4 no normal hof.

Back