Curious change of hearts.

Status
Oh dear

Having held off for a long time from replying to any of Peezle's threads...
Peezle has his own idealistic view of how life should be, and has chosen the Entropia platform to enable this ideal. Frustration and confusion clearly exists between real and virtual expectations within Peezle's mind, full of contradictions and false beliefs.

About your God comments...

It takes a special kind of ignorance and arrogance to go around on forums for games that you don't even play claiming that God doesn't exist.

Some choose to believe in God
Some have faith in God
And the some of us know God exists because of things we have witnessed...

Same could be said for Aliens! :wise:

you really think with all the stars and planets out there in the entire universe, Earth is the only place with life?

maybe they're not close enough to us for contact, and maybe they're not any more intelligent than a jellyfish... but you gotta believe there's some other planet out there somewhere with some kind of life on it! It really doesn't take a whole lot more than being the right distance from the sun! :wave:

Same could be said for Aliens! :wise:

you really think with all the stars and planets out there in the entire universe, Earth is the only place with life?

maybe they're not close enough to us for contact, and maybe they're not any more intelligent than a jellyfish... but you gotta believe there's some other planet out there somewhere with some kind of life on it! It really doesn't take a whole lot more than being the right distance from the sun! :wave:

Well, it's mathematically impossible for the entire universe to be completely sterile, except for Earth. At the very least some basic life will be found like bacteria or whatever. In fact bacteria or microbes of some kind likely will be found in our own solar system.... Likely in Jupiter's moon Europa or anywhere else where there is liquid water that is also shielded from the Sun's radiation.

With some of the people who post on PCF it makes me wonder if aliens are among us already :laugh:

#TinfoilHat

God?

Aliens?

:topic:

:laugh:

Since way back I have been arguing for more players, more invest in more players, and less focus on new development on planets. Not skill augmentation or such... though this is needed.

Now, all of a sudden, we have a flurry of threads and posts and angst over the lack of new players and I think this:

And now you see you are losing, not because you are crap, or broke, or lacking in gamer knowledge.

But because the lack of a player base is a basic endpoint of your gaming life.

Now yes, EU will probably survive, linger on, do something, even earn money for a few.

But it will not be a vibrant and fun and enduring legacy of the internet community.

Unless we have more players.

^ is the simple and end answer.

The sad thing is, people who would have learnt more, gained more ( not financially ) and done more are lost because the game decided it wanted to milk the cow, not the herd.

So...eh... this is an "I-told-you-so-thread"? Or is there something else I am missing?

So...eh... this is an "I-told-you-so-thread"? Or is there something else I am missing?

Yes you might be.

The point is to remember why we are all here. To invest in an RCE, which has unfortunately become a haven for dreamers, schemers, and the deluded.

An RCE is a beautiful concept online, something I can personally see as being a powerful force in the new communities of the information age. What I see here, and not only here, is a debasement of all our good drives into our most base, and - as such - the loss of a prime opportunity.

What I see here, and not only here, is a debasement of all our good drives into our most base, and - as such - the loss of a prime opportunity.

Ok, Maybe we're getting somewhere if you could explain what you mean here

1 what I see here: here is ingame? or here on the forum?
2 a debasement of all our good drives: drives= our basic or instinctive needs?
3 into our most base? errhm?

Ok, Maybe we're getting somewhere if you could explain what you mean here

1 what I see here: here is ingame? or here on the forum?
2 a debasement of all our good drives: drives= our basic or instinctive needs?
3 into our most base? errhm?

No, what you feel is wrong. You are able to see false statements over good ideas. I trust we all can.

Instinctive needs; that is a good way to put the way we all have become obsessed with being better, richer, more accomplished than each other. It is endemic to the game, and not the way forward for some newb who wants to be accepted into a new game. It is a loss equation.

Base; as above really but that we forgot we can do a whole lot better by expecting less from our hunting, crafting, mining, missions, and more from our acceptance of new players. More money, more freedom, more openness will come that way.

The game encourages us to be enemies essentially. That is a fail in an RCE as a concept. And for an online environment.

I have done all the stupid shit, and it has ultimately failed me, and others. It is not about emasculating you but about empowering others. This took me a long time to figure out, IRL and here.

EDIT
Decided i don't want to be part of this
EDIT

Last edited:
EDIT
Decided i don't want to be part of this
EDIT

You decided not to have an opinion. Debate is all us low level people have.

As a mention to your 'old account' thing, you don't have to be as smart as me to have an opinion.

You just have to have one.

No, what you feel is wrong. You are able to see false statements over good ideas. I trust we all can.

Instinctive needs; that is a good way to put the way we all have become obsessed with being better, richer, more accomplished than each other. It is endemic to the game, and not the way forward for some newb who wants to be accepted into a new game. It is a loss equation.

Base; as above really but that we forgot we can do a whole lot better by expecting less from our hunting, crafting, mining, missions, and more from our acceptance of new players. More money, more freedom, more openness will come that way.

The game encourages us to be enemies essentially. That is a fail in an RCE as a concept. And for an online environment.

I have done all the stupid shit, and it has ultimately failed me, and others. It is not about emasculating you but about empowering others. This took me a long time to figure out, IRL and here.

That's weird.
I still love to hunt with tt weapons and hunt snables and I am here since 2004. Maybe you play a different game. I am in a society where skill or being better than the next guy is not important at all. In fact we hate it if stuff becomes a matter of skill or having more gear than the next guy. I have no enemies ingame as far as I can tell. And I have mentored a lot of new players in this world.
And I help the newbie community, especially on lesser developed worlds for example here
and with my mentoring site
I am not an exception so I think it's strange you feel this way
I don't agree this game encourages us to be enemies. We have a multi-society chat channel for teamhunts setup by Stelios. This game encourages working together and helping eachother out. A lot of times without asking anything in return. And that's what a lot of us have done and are still doing. I will name a few: Alice with her extraordinary guide, Lykke and Peter with various things like entropiaplanets and entropiatimes, Witte and Doer with extremely detailed research on various fields and ofcourse entropedia, 711 for this forum, the old guys of entropia pioneers for the old entropia-kicks-ass one. BIG industries for their sweat events and free space repair skilling events. I could go on for 3 more pages but I won't. (Sorry to all others I've not mentioned). I guess the only thing left to say is what J.F Kennedy said. You know the quote.

You decided not to have an opinion. Debate is all us low level people have.

When I want to call someone something I say so, i don't use irony or sarcasm for it. BTW, I do my best to not offend people, and when I do I'm the first to admit it and apologize for it. Doesn't fix it, but shows that care exists.
TRANSLATING: Don't try to teach and alert others when you fail to apply your teachings. <-- see? Direct no need to be all pseudo-fancy (also direct).

As a mention to your 'old account' thing, you don't have to be as smart as me to have an opinion.

You just have to have one.

My opinions are mine to keep. Only when I decide to share them, they are for those that want to listen.
Just to clear your trolly mind: Don't need anyone to tell me that I'm entitled to opinion.

Have a nice day

That's weird.
I still love to hunt with tt weapons and hunt snables and I am here since 2004. Maybe you play a different game. I am in a society where skill or being better than the next guy is not important at all. In fact we hate it if stuff becomes a matter of skill or having more gear than the next guy. I have no enemies ingame as far as I can tell. And I have mentored a lot of new players in this world.
And I help the newbie community, especially on lesser developed worlds for example here
and with my mentoring site
I am not an exception so I think it's strange you feel this way
I don't agree this game encourages us to be enemies. We have a multi-society chat channel for teamhunts setup by Stelios. This game encourages working together and helping eachother out. A lot of times without asking anything in return. And that's what a lot of us have done and are still doing. I will name a few: Alice with her extraordinary guide, Lykke and Peter with various things like entropiaplanets and entropiatimes, Witte and Doer with extremely detailed research on various fields and ofcourse entropedia, 711 for this forum, the old guys of entropia pioneers for the old entropia-kicks-ass one. BIG industries for their sweat events and free space repair skilling events. I could go on for 3 more pages but I won't. (Sorry to all others I've not mentioned). I guess the only thing left to say is what J.F Kennedy said. You know the quote.

Spawn, I agree we can have a lot of fun. I imagine you have peds to deposit, so do I. But, I am trying to reach over our arrogance and see into a new day.

Try to imagine a 100 fold, 1000 fold increase in the playerbase.

Try to imagine that making big loots, big globals,fat finds, means little.

But that you and I can cruise the game on other levels, and make more profit and have more satisfaction.

I think we are, at the moment, worlds apart. But try to imagine a world where RCE is actually implemented as it should be. You ( Or I for that matter ) cannot imagine the flood of new people.

. But try to imagine a world where RCE is actually implemented as it should be. You ( Or I for that matter ) cannot imagine the flood of new people.

Can you help me a bit imagining it? How should a RCE be implemented in your view? What are the differences with the game I play now?

Can you help me a bit imagining it? How should a RCE be implemented in your view? What are the differences with the game I play now?

I am as unsure as you.

but imagine where our kills and our skills don't account that much.

Where we can cruise around and make our skills and money without bringing attention to ourselves. Where we can be players and make money and new players still arrive by the shedload.

An RCE is, by definition, a free playing environment where all players come to play and engage and can make a online life without money. You and I have lied to those people and ourselves forever because we wanted to be better than we were. Be honest.

We have been lying to our own game. Ridiculous.

An RCE is, by definition, a free playing environment where all players come to play and engage and can make a online life without money. You and I have lied to those people and ourselves forever because we wanted to be better than we were. Be honest.

RCE = Real cash economy.

Where do you get the notion that means a free playing environment without money?....

Yes you might be.

The point is to remember why we are all here. To invest in an RCE, which has unfortunately become a haven for dreamers, schemers, and the deluded.

An RCE is a beautiful concept online, something I can personally see as being a powerful force in the new communities of the information age. What I see here, and not only here, is a debasement of all our good drives into our most base, and - as such - the loss of a prime opportunity.

I very much disagree. We are not here to invest in an RCE. We are here to PLAY in an RCE.

if no one plays there not room for investment but if everyone just invest the game dies

people say its a investment game but call poeple dum for saying there just here to play and say it there problem when they loose for playing

if there no players there no way your going to make money

I very much disagree. We are not here to invest in an RCE. We are here to PLAY in an RCE.

How is there a distinction?

When I play for little money as a poor player with a few peds to spare, or a moderate gamer with maybe 400 / month, or even a higher level player with 3 000, investment = play.

This extends to any area of life, investment = joining in, be it Burger King, Mobil Oil, your local store.

Where have you been to not see this basic concept?

My point has always been, as in the American Revolution 1776 - 1785, investment without a say is slavery. The concept holds.

An investment is a vote, a say, a point of view, and if you surrender to a company, then you may as well sell your skin for lampshades.

How is there a distinction?

When I play for little money as a poor player with a few peds to spare, or a moderate gamer with maybe 400 / month, or even a higher level player with 3 000, investment = play.

This extends to any area of life, investment = joining in, be it Burger King, Mobil Oil, your local store.

Where have you been to not see this basic concept?

My point has always been, as in the American Revolution 1776 - 1785, investment without a say is slavery. The concept holds.

An investment is a vote, a say, a point of view, and if you surrender to a company, then you may as well sell your skin for lampshades.

Peezle your last global was in April of 2013 and was an Atrox Young. Globals prior to that were in February and you killed a few Huon. A month before, one Argonaut. That's not investing, that's playing... Sporadically at best.

Your last mining globals were two in January of this year. That's not investing, that's playing.

Your last crafting globals were components, also in January, HoFs in fact, and likely were on full condition. Once again, that's not investing, that's playing.

Your lack of activity since January combined with frequent posting on this forum is not "playing" and it's not "investing" ...it's called being a forum troll.

Investing is buying CLD, AUD, a Land Area, a Shop, making speculative purchase, trading, etc, etc

Logging on and killing a few Atox is not an investment. Like going to a movie, it's entertainment.

What I have tried to say throughout is that this game has an enormous appeal to many people, who are pissed off with their regular MMOPG games. They are rasping for such a game as ours, but we have to make it more accessible and think in terms of economy of scale.

If I sold you a wonderful pie for $ 8 I might get 3000 of you to buy it.

If I sold the same pie for 3$ I would get 20 000.

If I stopped thinking anally about niche and went out into 2014 mode instead of 2005 mode, the world is the oyster.

Old, mid-term, and new players would all reap the rewards. As would the admin.

But I discovered in business, courage is a hard won thing.

But I discovered in business, courage is a hard won thing.

Then I suggest you gather that courage, deposit a meaningful amount, and start making some real investments in game before you start lecturing us and MindArk about investments.

There are no shortage of investment opportunities in EU

Peezle your last global was in April of 2013 and was an Atrox Young. Globals prior to that were in February and you killed a few Huon. A month before, one Argonaut. That's not investing, that's playing... Sporadically at best.

Your last mining globals were two in January of this year. That's not investing, that's playing.

Your last crafting globals were components, also in January, HoFs in fact, and likely were on full condition. Once again, that's not investing, that's playing.

Your lack of activity since January combined with frequent posting on this forum is not "playing" and it's not "investing" ...it's called being a forum troll.

Investing is buying CLD, AUD, a Land Area, a Shop, making speculative purchase, trading, etc, etc

Logging on and killing a few Atox is not an investment. Like going to a movie, it's entertainment.

You forget a great many globals and hofs crafting and mining, as does the stupid failed site you are looking at.

You forget I supplied some 20% of all Quad bps in the game.

Hidden hofs.

You forget I am not a hunter, except in spare time.

Yeah, your sources are like you; old and tired and desperate.

I would have expected a better fight than inaccurate records. I would have hoped for YOU ( your caps not mine ) to make an argument. Most people know I am a sound player and have a good record.

You do not mention my crafting record because it fails your purpose to ridicule me. If you had to mention that, your whole argument fails. I am not a hunter. I could discredit many a uber over their lack of crafting. Which does not say shit against them.

All being said, why are you so afraid of me?

Let me remind you of a basic idea... investment = participation. At any level, at all. Try to grasp this, and if you do not accept it, ask your education what the hell they were saying.

In England, participation = investment.

Last edited:
You forget a great many globals and hofs crafting and mining, as does the stupid failed site you are looking at.

You forget I supplied some 20% of all Quad bps in the game.

Hidden hofs.

You forget I am not a hunter, except in spare time.

Yeah, your sources are like you; old and tired and desperate.

I would have expected a better fight than inaccurate records. I would have hoped for YOU ( your caps not mine ) to make an argument. Most people know I am a sound player and have a good record.

You do not mention my crafting record because it fails your purpose to ridicule me. If you had to mention that, your whole argument fails. I am not a hunter. I could discredit many a uber over their lack of crafting. Which does not say shit against them.

Let me remind you of a basic idea... investment = participation. At any level, at all. Try to grasp this, and if you do not accept it, ask your education what the hell they were saying.

In England, participation = investment.

yeah good.

No one is afraid of you Peezle... You are delusional if you think that.

I am annoyed with you, with your lectures, your incoherent theories, your abstract ranting, your thrusting of religious view points on us in a forum for a video game that you don't even play anymore.

Oh, and grab a dictionary before you start trying to educate me on what words mean.

Furthermore, yes EntropiaLife.com misses some globals, but it doesn't miss all globals. No one cares about your former level of activity. My point is that you no longer have any in-game activity and yet here you are littering this forum with a bunch of gibberish.

No one is afraid of you Peezle... You are delusional if you think that.

I am annoyed with you, with your lectures, your incoherent theories, your abstract ranting, your thrusting of religious view points on us in a forum for a video game that you don't even play anymore.

Oh, and grab a dictionary before you start trying to educate me on what words mean.

Furthermore, yes EntropiaLife.com misses some globals, but it doesn't miss all globals. No one cares about your former level of activity. My point is that you no longer have any in-game activity and yet here you are littering this forum with a bunch of gibberish.

Hold on, my old soc boss Mega took the piss out of me. He was not afraid. My friends on the forum always talk shit to me..

You are missing something... I know people will rip me. What you have to care about is your current level of activity, and what that makes you. Which is really annoying because I think you are smart enough to see my point of view.

After all, I don't respond to fails.

If I sold you a wonderful pie for $8 I might get 3,000 of you to buy it.

If I sold the same pie for $3 I would get 20,000.

If that pie costs $4 to make you're in big trouble, Little China.

Hold on, my old soc boss Mega took the piss out of me. He was not afraid. My friends on the forum always talk shit to me..

You are missing something... I know people will rip me. What you have to care about is your current level of activity, and what that makes you. Which is really annoying because I think you are smart enough to see my point of view.

After all, I don't respond to fails.

Incoherent theories: after 25 years of caring for my wife and 4 children, do you imagine I am incoherent?

My concern is to form a coherent game that would allow everyone to participate.

Status
Back