Currency on the new planets?

Do you think we will see other currencies on the new planets?

• Yes

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • No

Votes: 180 73.2%
  • I prefer hunting on atrax beach.

Votes: 40 16.3%

• Total voters

Einstein

Elite
Society
GD
Helllllooooooo everybody.
Anyone remember if MA ever said that on all planets we will have the same currency (PED)?
Or that maybe on other planets we will have other currencies with maybe even different exchange rates?
Rocktopia Rupees
Planet Cyrene Yen

Etc etc?

Could give a new dimension to the economy ;D

A mod fap would suddenly have alot less value in a world were the biggest kill would only cost you 1$ or so ...

Just like BigMac is cheaper in some countries.

I'm pretty sure they've said it will be PEDS on all the planets and I think the same exchange rate.

Peds...

Yep... it's Project Entropia Dollars, so it'll be PEDs. Now, if the government decides to convert us all over to Planet Calypso Dollars at some point in time, that could make it possible that there will be other currencies, but I don't think that will happen.

I guess no, because the fixed rate 1$=10PED is a fundament of Entropia Universe platform, maybe some other currency can appear but I don't think that the rate 1$=10 something will never change... otherwise MA would have already changed $ with € that're way stronger since more than 1 year

PS I like hunting in Atrax Beach :D

lennytropian dollars

and

neverpay pesetas

NEVERDIE has said that it WILL be PEDs showing up on the other planets. I'm not sure where that was, but if I find the link I'll post it up.

I do not believe that. If the peds were more expensive in other planets, the situation of the economy would be far worse than it already is. :eek:

MA runs the economy. The economy includes PED, so I have no idea how you can think it is something else, since they have said that such things wouldn't change.

They will at least change the name if they use the same thing on all the planets. MAD (MA Dollars) maybe

I really don't think they'll have different currencies.
But haha at the 3rd option :D

From MindBanks site:http://www.mindbank.se/

About MindArk and Entropia Universe
Entropia Universe is an expanding entity of interoperable 3D virtual worlds based on the proprietary Entropia Platform. Each virtual world takes the form of a planet(s) within the virtual Entropia Universe. The Entropia Platform contains full support for secure micro-transactions in real-time, rich media viewing, transactions with real and virtual items, MMOG entertainment and social interaction between global participants. Its virtual currency, the PED, has a fixed exchange rate of 10:1 with the US dollar. The Entropia Platform has been developed for over 10 years at a cost of over $40m. Commercially launched in 2003, MindArk’s Planet Calypso has been generating profit since 2004 and has served as a vehicle for fine tuning the platform's business model and functionality. It has today over 820,000 registered accounts from over 200 territories. User to user transactions within Entropia Universe exceeded USD $420m during 2008.

Looks like it will be PED since MindBank is responcible for all money travelling in and out from EU.

Now I gonna press the NO button.

Of course not.

If PEDs are not going to be used on other planets then they will have their own currencies which will have their own exchange rate. If you want to buy a mod fap then you will have to exchaneg currency for PED to buy a mod FAP which will presumably only be available on Calypso.

...This allows MindArk to operate Mind Bank AB as a fully functioning bank within the Entropia Universe, providing real world banking functions to all virtual worlds running on the Entropia Universe platform. Mind Bank AB will be the first bank that fully incorporates real money transactions with activities within a virtual world.

“This is an exciting and important development for the future of all virtual worlds being built, using the Entropia Platform. Together with our partner planet owner companies we will be in a position to offer real bank services to the inhabitants of our virtual universe,” said Jan Welter Timkrans, CEO of MindArk.

Entropia Universe has always pushed its true cash economy as a unique benefit for the virtual world. The in-game currency, the PED, has its value tied to the value of the US dollar at the rate of 10 PED to 1 USD. Users are free to "cash out" their PED into real money at any time. According to Timkrans, this creates a situation where in-world banking can add greater security and convenience to Entropia Universe's transactions.

"When deposits are made into Entropia they will actually be made directly into our own bank, which will follow the strict European banking regulations. The bank will be continuously monitored and audited by the financial authorities. This will provide added security for both planet partners and users. Like all banks in Sweden, our bank will enter the government guarantee program, which will ultimately guarantee users' and partners' funds by the national government," said Timkrans. "We will also be able to issue cards directly to our customers thereby reducing user fees to a minimum."

Timkrans promises that Mind Bank AB will have a virtual presence on each planet in the Entropia Universe platform. The bank will function like an Internet bank and be able to provide users with every basic banking service offered by real-world banks, including loans, savings accounts, and checking accounts.....
I seen it more clearly, but I guess this will do
It will be PED on all worlds within the universe and you can take it with you (so they said didn't find that quote now tho)

Well the idea being "One universe, one economy"... :silly2:

From MindBanks site:http://www.mindbank.se/

Looks like it will be PED since MindBank is responcible for all money travelling in and out from EU.

read properly right at the beginning, "About MindArk and Entropia Universe"... that is the standard info they put on every press releases. right now there isnt even a "MindBank", just a licence.

that said, no is the answer. Marco and others have repeatedly said there is one economy, one shared PED card across all the planets. its about the only thing they have told us with any certainty.

Back