Current mining issues.

Green Rowan

Alpha
Can somebody from MA please let us know how are we supposed to mine in this VU? Not to put a too fine of a point on it, but the only thing that works without glitch is when you press a button and one mine or probe is taken away from your stack. NOTHING else works as it should:

• Animations are missing,
• the screen telling you what the finder does is absent more than half of the attempts,
• the avatar’s movements get all messed up if you change from one finder to another,
• Most of the time the finder is invisible and when it finally appears, it leaves a copy of itself hanging in midair.

Is there anybody that care’s about this stuff? Because (and I may be wrong about this) there hasn’t been any acknowledgement of these problems, has it? Have I missed something? :scratch2:

Can somebody from MA please let us know how are we supposed to mine in this VU? Not to put a too fine of a point on it, but the only thing that works without glitch is when you press a button and one mine or probe is taken away from your stack. NOTHING else works as it should:

• the screen telling you what the finder does is absent more than half of the attempts,
• the avatar’s movements get all messed up if you change from one finder to another,
• Most of the time the finder is invisible and when it finally appears, it leaves a copy of itself hanging in midair.

Is there anybody that care’s about this stuff? Because (and I may be wrong about this) there hasn’t been any acknowledgement of these problems, has it? Have I missed something? :scratch2:

Not sure what you are talking about here, but i have not noticed anything missing

Happened twice in over 2k bombs not really an issue for me

I have not noticed this, but then again probably cause i only ever use one finder

Never happened to me

Rgds

Ace

1.) ...not for me :scratch2:

2.) happens sometimes ... but still can see it in first person on the finder.

3.) not for me.

4.) Have seen some other objects too 'left' in the air ... guns, refiners, faps...

Finder screen missing happens when you switch over from another tool/weapon (possible from another finder too, haven't tested). It is annoying, but you get claim deed regardless, just have to go to the claim manually checking coords.

It's not that serious issue, but would be nice to see it fixed.

Let me clarify what I mean by animations missing: I drop a bomb or probe and the running animation is suddenly gone. Instead of running, a frozen ava glides forward.

Your not alone, I also have the no search window bug. Its usually the first bomb I drop after I leave a tp. Then it works "normal" :rolleyes:

Moved to bug reports section.

The missing finder window:
As Moonbiter says, happens when moving from some item to finder. Also when equipping and using finder too fast. This is the key to knowing how to "work with" this bug.

When equipping your finder, wait until (in 3rd person view) you see your ava holding the item. There is no missing window when you do this.

But yeah, I'd love for MA to fix these bugs. :(

Finder screen missing happens when you switch over from another tool/weapon (possible from another finder too, haven't tested). It is annoying, but you get claim deed regardless, just have to go to the claim manually checking coords.

It's not that serious issue, but would be nice to see it fixed.

True, but because of the long delays in response, you can assume that you haven’t hit anything and drop the next bomb. If you don’t have the finder screen in front of you scanning, you don’t really know if the scan is over and nothing was found, or if there is lag and the scan is still ongoing.

The whole thing is bloody annoying.

Back