Cyrene: How to start Heart of the plains (Mang Chang) mission?

Mac

Marauder
Mannanan Mac y Lir
Not getting an answer over at the Cyrene forum so I thought I would give this place a try.

Flew over to Cyrene to do the Mang Chang mission, but the NPC that is supposed to give it, does not,

"Question, new visitor to Cyrene, wanted to do the mang chang chain, found my way to mission broker Challenger Franks up on the platform at the A.R.C. Staging area, but he doesn't have the Heart of the Plains mission for me, logged out and back in was a no go, is there some pre-requisite mission that needs to be done first?"

I went to the starter area and did a few of the newbie quests, but still no go, does anyone know how to get that started?

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/heart-of-the-plains-mang-chang.7519/

I'm not on Cyrene at the moment but you might want to double-check NPC name - did you find someone with a similar-sounding name? Just north of A.R.C. Staging teleportewr, there is a box with a statue in the middle and NPCs on three sides of it; IIRC Challenger Franks was one of those, and he's not on the ramp, 'platform' or anywhere.

Thanks Found it.

At the Rookie Training Area there is an NPC called Jon George right next to the tp that asked if you want to go to Atlas Hunting Grounds to kill some small mobs, I said oh I'm not a noob so I skipped it. I went back and did it, there is a mission terminal right near the Atlas Training area TP that gives the kill 100 mang changs. Apparently I am still noob :wtg:

Turn in your completed Mission to Frank on the platform [138832, 77119, 121]

Turn in your completed Mission to Frank on the platform [138832, 77119, 121]

Yep, the inconspicuous guy up top around back..

Back