D-Class Crafting Log

afreeti

Provider
A while ago I started a personal project to kill some time, namely skilling up a d-class to qr 100.

Recently I asked on the entropia discord if anyone would be interested in following along with the journey

for transparency reasons I'd be making the log public for 3 reasons to
  • quantify the value of a qr 100 d-class based on time loss and energy to get there
  • to source cheaper mats /sell directly to those looking to buy a lot of d-class in bulk, as this would off set the loss and speed up the process
  • logs are helpful

This is interesting to look at, thanks for sharing.

Agree, always good to see more transparency amongst the player base. But yeah you hit the nail on the head there, crafting is much more about optimising your inputs and selling than it is about crafting the items themselves!

The problem with crafting and this kind of item with huge competition its that its very usual to see them underprice even if you already have bought the materials at less MU on when they was cheap... for exameple the dclass its not worthy to craft even with a QR100 because you can see people throwing price for less of the cost to craft... something good for the user bad for the crafters.

As a regular buyer of D class amps ive always wondered how the heck the crafters sell at 104%. I always thought maybe that bp drops some high mu bps which maybe offset selling the amp at below cost prices....

I love this post! great work! I've been thinking of switching from buying level 5 amps to crafting d-class and this sheet just confirms it even more. that you can save a lot of peds crafting them buying as it should (long term.)

I love this post! great work! I've been thinking of switching from buying level 5 amps to crafting d-class and this sheet just confirms it even more. that you can save a lot of peds crafting them buying as it should (long term.)
its a net loss to craft them yourselves
people are selling them for about 1 ped less then they are worth
i dont mind the loss as i'm running this experiment

It depends on how much opportunity cost one is willing to forgo. Crafting one’s own harvested materials and making enough ped on other crafts. One could then utilize the resulting metal residue to craft D-Class amps at a “technical” loss just to recoup some tt to keep cycling. D-Class amps are an easy turnover. Similar to a hunter sending oils to the TT in the sky….

Nice Post!

Back