Dannen's Diary

Dannen

Guardian
Society
Praetorian Guard
Dannen Dan Hunter
Well, I've been stuck here now for about 4 months.

I've learned a bit.

I've spent a lot.

I've had fun.

And I've been lurking on forums, so now its time to quit lurking and come out into the open ;)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

It all started, as I mentioned, about 4 months ago. Prompted by news of how a fortune could be made (should have read the story closer - it was about how a fortune could be spent) I spawned in Troy. Sounds messy I know, but I found myself in Troy, not a pec to my name, and dressed in a god-awful outfit. Orange is NOT my colour.

So to work. I rapidly got bored of sweating, getting killed by Fugabarbas :laugh: and standing on corners trying to peddle sweat like a poor dealer. So, with a meagre sum of money I bought a gun from TT, some ammo, and went on a hunting spree.

This spree took me to Port Atlantis, where I spent ages suffering from lag and generally lurking. It was also at PA I joined a society.

Much luv and respect to the Irken Invaders; I joined their ranks about a week into arriving on Calypso, and I learned a lot and made some lovely friends.

I have since left II, but under good conditions and with a continuing friendship.

Myself and a number of II members formed a new Soc, Novus Ordo Seclorum.

Enough history, blah blah blah ... :rolleyes:

Thanx for the welcome, Dash

Spelling altered, Sob
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: sob
Mob Report

Umbranoids

Umbras, a bit stupid, and have a tendency to die trapped in their village. Of course its only fair to go into the village and put them out of their misery first :D

Very aware of their appearance, many carry hairspray with them - I understand their hair isn't on their heads, though ...

I've noticed many of them wear clothing that is a kind of dirty orange. I suppose this is clothing they've looted from the corpses of dead noobs, and I've certainly noticed the lack of laundry facilities in their villages.

One village, NE of Limnadian, seems to be bereft of female Umbras - its a good thing mobs spawn, as procreation can't be possible. Maybe this particular village is solely for homosexual Umbras :confused:

On the ugly scale, they get a generous 7 out of 10 - and no amount of hairspray will improve their looks for me :silly2:

Mob Report

MERPS

Woah Woah Woah Woah

What are they good for?

Absolutely NOTHING!

Say it again ...

I hate merps, vicious little buggers.

There I am, merrily slaughtering mobs when from miles away a couple of the little sods charge me :mad: I killed them, of course, but do they learn? NO :mad:

And they have a habit of standing on me, and each other.

Eradicate all Merps!!

Last edited:
Forever Noob

I get those moments every now and then that remind me that I've not been here that long, but I've developed in some ways.

I used to hate a particular outpost - scared the life out of me to think I might get stuck there. Now its a totally different story. I love going there, and its a good hunting spot.

Its the same with mobs - there are beasties I would have run miles to avoid, but now they pose little threat and I find I'm doing the chasing; thats a nice warm fuzzy feeling :D

Have I achieved this nice warm fuzzy feeling early? Am I just an average noob? I know guys in my soc are about the same, but do we just play too much :confused:

Anyway, this mornings skills increased are:
Inflict Melee Damage - so I can hit things close up
Longblades - so I'm hitting things close up with a sword
Athletics - so I can run away fast if the hitting of things fails
Bravado - so I can do all this while looking damn fine :cool:

A Happy Little Message

Your Intelligence has Improved

Aw, thats reassuring :dunce:

Mob Report

Atrax

Aw Traxies :) I just wuv traxies. They're just soooooo friendly. I can be wondering around in the middle of nowhere, and lo and behold, a traxie comes to greet me with open ... er ... jaws ... (hmmm?) and nibbles on my armour a bit. And they usually bring friends with them, how considerate :D

They make the cutest little growls, which is quite an achievement what with them usually having a gob full of my armour at the time. Of course wiping the drool off afterwards is a bit of a chore but whats a little nibbling between friends, eh?

Definate 8 out of 10 on the friendly scale :D

Dannen's Kiling Spree #1

Red Dot Hopping

In search of meaning, something to aim for (no pun intended :silly2: ) I'm embarking on a bit of an adventure.

The Aim

To travel from Ithaca to Troy, distance covered solely by aiming for and killing mobs.

The Rules

1 The distance has to be covered by foot only.

2 TP'ing can only be done if repairs/ammo are needed, in which case I will note my coords prior to tp'ing and then continue from the same coordinates once necessary work is completed.

3 Distance must be covered solely by heading towards mobs. If there are no mobs, eg within close proximity to settlements, I can travel only as far as the next mob.

Time limit? However long it takes :) I can stop anytime, do anything I want, as long as when I restart its from the final coords.

Red Dot Hopping

Halfway through the trip and I've found its not possible to stick to the rules; distance between mobs can be too great, so I've decided in the absence of mobs to head due south 'til I hit some more.

Why is the trip taking so long? Coz I found good hunting south of Fury and decided to stay a while :handgun:

On a break from the run I returned to Ithaca to slice 'n' dice some traxies, and lo and behold, I get myself a nice little global :D . I feel I should sacrifice something to Lootius ...

Mob Report

Armax

Fancy a BBQ? Well these mobs offer more than your average sirloin ... :).

They have two ends, a pointy end and a blunt end - try to avoid the pointy end as it does a fair bit of damage, while the blunt end seems to be just for show.

Cattle mutilation for beginners? Go for the cows, they're soft. Bulls have more of an attitude but fall as easily as cows once you've mastered the pointy end.

Serve on a bed of lettuce with BBQ sauce and a beer :cool:

Duck: thanx, and wuv your sig :laugh:

Last edited:
Back to Basics

Well, a lot has happened in the last couple of weeks, and, dear diary, I've not posted much.

Heres a brief outline of my humble little thinks:

I have spent a lot here, I've not counted how much and I'm not going to coz I prefer denial - denial is nice.

Recent discussions on the forum really get me down, eg. amount of loot, MA getting greedy etc. I'm not offering an opinion on any of those comments but personally for the amount I've spent the returns are poor. However, I've never had a gun held to my head while clicking the 'deposit' button.

IRL in just under a year I'm getting hitched. This will cost a fair bit as weddings tend to, so I have to behave (well, just a little ;) ) and sort my financial priorities.

I returned from a weeks holiday generally feeling a bit low and seriously considered selling up. The lovely guys in my soc asked why and to be honest I felt the only thing lacking was some kind of goal. I've tried to set myself little tasks (eg the red dot hop) and these were OK so I'll try more.

Im conclusion, I enjoy PE, I enjoy meeting lots of lovely ppl, and I don't really want to go, so I'm having a bit of a change.

Looting an amp was a bit of an epiphany for me. I usually ridicule the opalo hunters, chasing snabs with little more than a peashooter and some harsh language, but I've just got myself one. I intend to go back to basics, me, an opalo, and whatever I can loot.

I don't intend to run around with no armour however, so, until I've looted some I will keep my nemesis on. At some stage though, I hope I won't be ridiculed for a nemesis/pixie ensemble :rolleyes:

I'll see how this works out - you never know, I might manage to make a profit hunting :laugh:. I'll report on my attempts at self-sufficiency, and see how long I can put up with a peashooter :sniper:

Well tweak my nipples and call me Mavis ...

it worked :D

I have spent a day hunting using just 50 PED, and by Lootius I made a small profit!! Granted the TT FAP is crap and I may revert on that matter to a better model but I get to develop my biotropy instead :nurse:

One minor point, and this is purely down to me, the mobs I can hunt with naff armour and an opalo are limited, and I've already had the urge to dump to opalo for a proper gun and shoot troxies - but no, I shall not give in to the call of the Starkhov and I shall continue to don my lovely looted pixie/goblin ensemble ...

I'm not sure how long this is gonna last ...

Mob Report

Tantillions aka Psychotic Rubber Chickens

These little mobs are up there on the Irritating List along with the other bane of my life, Merps.

So I'm happily wandering about the Eudoria countryside when a sudden and unexpected little growl is uttered at my feet. Within seconds, lo and behold, a team of these rubber chickens is charging at me from a great distance to nibble at my shoes.

Not that they cause much damage, but really, what's the point of these beasties? Shoot them, shoot them all :handgun:

Update

Umbranoids - they were ugly enough to start with but for pity's sake, give them back their clothes. Shoot them for crimes against fashion!!

Well, I tried ...

but I just couldn't stand opalo hunting for more that a week. There's only so many snables, molisk and berys a girl can put up with :tapfinger

I tried, I successfully looted a full set of goblin, and a bit of shogun. The pecs were more plenitful than the peds, and profit was fleeting. Some ppl are just spawned lucky to be able to maintain an existence here without depositing much.

So the Starkhov is out of retirement, and I'm back to shooting proper mobs. On a brief trip to CND me, Dunn and Teilk from globalled on a Caperon (a young one, mind, as the old ones were more of a challenge, eg, we died :rolleyes: ) and now I've finally worked out how to include piccies (obviously not the fastest bunny in the woods, am I :laugh: ) here's a shot:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Don't I look good? :D

Anyhoo, to make the most of this new found skill, here's another global I got just this morning, when moseying around a fav hunting spot of mine:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

And for anyone interested, the amp is in the auction - please bid, I need the peds for repairs ...

Mopping up the Aurlis on CP

A little adventure, starring Me and Dunn (waves to Dunn) :cheer:

3, count em, 3 globals :clap: . Screenshots would be nice at this point but it ain't gonna happen, this bunny isn't that clever yet :dunce: .

Aurlis and Kreltin left, right and centre, and the Aurlis proved to be the most generous. Our globals were all just between 50 and 60 peds but hey, golden showers and nice little fanfares are always appreciated :D

... and they just happened to come after paying homage to Lootius ...

So my thanx to my hun Dunn for a good hunt, to Zhorgul for the flight up, and of course to Lootius for being a munificent and generous deity :D

Now back on terra firma and dancing next to the first jukebox I find :banana:

My Favorite ...

A man watches a lady sitting on a plane.

He notices while she's reading her magazine she sneezes frequently and each time she gives a little shudder - every few minutes she takes a little box out of her bag, takes a pinch of something and sniffs it. She is sneezing and shuddering again soon after.

This goes on for some time. Intrigued, the man leans over to her.

"Thats a nasty sneeze you've got there, but why do you shudder afterwards?"

"I have a rare condition" she explains "and every time I sneeze I have an orgasm."

"Really?! Are you taking anything for it?"

"Pepper"

:D

Been gone a while, dear diary ...

but I've been a little busy ...

Me and the guys in NOS had decided to do a little by way of society development, maybe take on a few disciples, recruit some new members, but not just recruiting to NOS, oh no! I am now General of NOS Academy (polishes stars :D ) !!

Quick advert:

New? Confused? Let NOS Academy help you out :D Join our growing ranks and find your feet, gain skills, make friends :hug:

Applications welcome, also from more experienced players

Advert over ...

Anyway, the membership of the society is growing, and we have people from around the world which is lovely - getting them all together at the same time for events is gonna be a nightmare tho ...

But that, diary, is why I've been quiet for a while ;)

Long time, no ... anything

Am leaving for a while. Getting real here, I'm busy with my job, I'm studying part-time for a degree, and I can't afford to deposit money anymore.

Now lets see ... I started playing (for want of a better description) in October 2005, when I heard about the game (ditto with the description). I started depositing straight away as I didn't know any better. The first offer from a potential mentor came too late, so was left to fend for myself for about a week. At this point addition was kicking in, I had discovered that with my meagre deposits I could buy nice little goodies, and take part in the lottery that is hunting.

Don't get me started on mining, I was lucky to find anything at all, and never globalled :eek:

Then things started looking up. As mentioned in my first entry, I met Squee (and Sidney) of the Irken Invaders, and joined my first society. A lovely group of people, I learned more about the game, made some friends, and generally enjoyed myself. Making friends and taking part in team events definately made 'playing the game' more fun!

Depositing continued, the amounts growing somewhat to keep up with other society members (not that there was any competition, just my personal desire to improve my avatar).

The first doubts - a trip to CND. Now, bear in mind I began 'playing' because I had heard of the 'game' after a press release featuring Neverdie and his purchase. My first opinion on getting to CND was that it was wrong - wrong that one individual should own such a large part of a 'game' and profit from it (although this hadn't occured to me on my visits to Treasure Island :confused: ). However, there may be a little jealousy there too - I wish I could own an asteroid ;) . Anyway, best of luck to Neverdie if he can make a business out of this game. However, no 'player' owns the items purchased for their avatar; if I'm correct, Mindark could pull the plug at any time and people would be left with nothing, but I know little of law and even less of 'virtual law' (not even read the EULA properly) so I may be mistaken. Would I commit such an amount of money? Nope.

The second doubts - I found Entropia Forum after a couple of months, I don't contribute much because I don't really have much to say (apart from now :D ) and spend most of my time here just lurking. What I found on EF was depressing, mostly - people complaining, moaning, flaming; scams, hacking. Free speech is great but a positive thread about the game is rare. However a lot of contributors to the forum are witty, express themselves well, and there are some things that really make me think about my approach to the 'game'.

Leaving Irken Invaders - this was a tough decision and I would probably have stayed if Razor had remained. Razor - lovely guy, I spoke/flirted with him the most ;) . Of my friends in the society, he was the best. NOS was formed, an ambitious little society. It was more important to count how many skills you had and boast about globals/HOFs than to spend time as a team. I missed the team spirit and with the opportunity to start NOS Academy, I hoped to regain the nice team feeling I had experienced with the Irkens.

NOS Academy was the last diary post - feeling I was working on my own to develop new potential members of NOS, I renamed the society and planned to just take on new 'players' and help them develop with some team events/hunts etc. The Praetorian Guard was formed.

Meanwhile, depositing was getting silly. Enough to buy a ML-35 long before my skills were sufficient to make the most of it. Therefore, it's time to re-evalute. I've spent too much money, and played for 2-3 hours a day (sometimes more if my BF isn't around). I'm taking a break of about 6 months, I'll get some studying done, hopefully get a harris hawk (my dream!) for some RL hunting, and get married. I've sold my items, it'll be nice once my withdrawal comes through!

The Praetorian Guard is a lovely society. Hopefully they'll let me back in!. In the meantime, to those I have met in game, happy hunting, may the HOF be with you.

To TIP, thanks for the offer but I doubt I'll ever be that good :laugh:

Much love to Squee and Flamedancer; Studley, Grr, BRM; JC, Jade and Flick; best wishes to Teilk, Slither, Dunn and Sob, and everyone in Praeguard.

Lots of love to Razor x x

So, did I quit?

Like hell I did!

Back with a vengeance, and a taste for mining :laugh:

Been a while, diary

Good girls keep diaries; bad girls don't have time. ;)

I quit, honestly :D. I was gone for a good month or so. Then RL circumstances changed and I found spending a little spare time back on Calypso was OK. I missed the folks here, soc members particularly.

Now, with my taking a break I passed on the reins to JC, who's done an excellent job with the Praetorians. Its odd, I feel different not leading the society anymore - not that much leadership was needed as such, I think it was more of a figurehead position. Maybe I should have gotten more dictatorial, ordered ppl about more? :laugh:

Anyway, life in the ranks is fine, and its nice logging on to all the welcomes. Most of my FL is red these days so seeing 8-10 soc members on at the same time is really nice.

Of course, take a break and everyone catches up with you! No longer am I the most skilled in the soc. However, I don't care as much as I did before. I hunt for the challenge, but draw the line at repeat revival killing - the skill gains aren't worth the running time or the TP ME costs :rolleyes: Oh, and selling skills was obviously a bit of a mistake, but whats done is done, and I could buy some back, I suppose. I do miss my ML-35 tho :( that was a rather nice piece of equipment.

Mining is good, now. I'm glad I didn't start mining straight away - building up hunting skills first so I could survive a mining run almost anywhere has had its benefits.

So, thats life in brief according to Dannen. It'll probably be another few months before I write again :rolleyes:.

Farewell, old Dannen

The only thing I had changed since Dannen was first spawned was the hair - the style she ended with had been my favourite since I first spotted it on someone. She wasn't perfect, the guys would joke about her pale skin (its porcelein! As in pale English rose! *tut*) and her shades wouldn't sit on her nose, more through her nose, but I liked her.

However, I'm used to change, having been in a RL job where change for changes sake was an occupational hazard. So I took care over creating the new Dan. I couldn't get her to look like the old one, so I did what I could to create something I liked. There seems to be little difference between avatars now though. Its seems that the look I took ages over isn't that different from anyone elses. But I do like the new Dannen - I just have to decide whether to make her taller ...

Last edited:
Back