David Simmonds Interview Discussion

Dion Red Strike

Stalker
Society
SoF
Dion Red Strike
HI!!

After long days and nights editing out all the curse words, kicking the computer multiple times, the interview with David Simmonds has been handed over to Entropiaradio.com

It is now running in a loop on www.entropiaradio.com :)

I once again apologize for the poor audio quality. It sounds like I was doing an interview with someone on an international phone call.... when in fact I was doing an interview with someone on an international phone call ;)

Please discuss the interview here! :)

~Red

David, I had to spell it that way :D lol (Note to everyone else, his name is spelled David Simmonds)

Last edited:
Sweet! I've been looking forward to this interview, I'm like a little kid on christmas :D. I appreciate you taking your time to do the interview and the editing involved :).

It's up on a continuous loop :)

Thanks for this interview, can't +rep you again unfortunately.

Hope there will be many more!

Great interview Red and thanks for the answers David.

I finaly realized where MA is going with EU :D

Hoping to hear more interviews with MA people in the future :) keep the good work Red

If someone would make a transcript of the interview i`m pretty sure that someone might get some fat rep. ;)

Great work. :yay:

I just copy the mms://www.entropiaradio.com/entropiaradio URL into Winamp and it works fine for me. No need for IE at all. ;)

You can paste url in media player also. Worked great here.

Anyone care to deliver a transcript of the interview for the people with bad ear issues? :D

Anyone care to deliver a transcript of the interview for the people with bad ear issues? :D

The interview is about 33 minutes long. It would take a lot of work to transcribe such a long conversation. :eyecrazy:

Also, this is the first major item on entropiaradio and I think it would be a little unfair to 711 to release a transcript this soon after the initial broadcast. The intention is that you tune in and try the radio station, not read the information on the forum. ;)

It would be good to have a transcript later in the week though, or once the interview has been replaced by new content.

Great work. :yay:

I just copy the mms://www.entropiaradio.com/entropiaradio URL into Winamp and it works fine for me. No need for IE at all. ;)

kinda strange on my comp on winamp it dosent work but IE works fine :))

Man, quite the feeling of de ja vu here Red ;)

As I said in soc-chat mate good job on the interview! It'd definitely be worth looking in to alternative means of communication* as (through no fault of your own) it is a bit rough sometimes. Either way, keep up the good work (and craft me an H21 damnit I keep having to buy guns :laugh: )

*I suggest lobbying MA to fly you to Sweden to carry them out in person, no trouble with latency or poor call quality then!

Still too many "I cannot answer this one" questions ;)

Still too many unanswerable questions...

Competition, what competition? Competition would be a good thing. No other MMO has grinding so bad that it beats most Korean MMOs... :rolleyes:

I could say more, but it would get me banned from both EF and EU, I don't want that anymore than the next man.

- Nightwolf

cool interview :)
Its like listening to NASA and Astronauts conversation :p

nice work :thumbup: ... it's was fun to listen now i just wait to hear more...

Damn, im getting so frustrated, interview will not play fluently, but keeps breaking up :(

Listening on windows media player, EF radio usually plays fine.

Great info, and some of it is news to me at least... even though some people complain about "too many cant-answer" ;)

I do understand MA cant just tell all the time :rolleyes: they dont want to say they will work with a company and then build up a hype, when its not done yet with negotiations :eek:

Great info, and some of it is news to me at least... even though some people complain about "too many cant-answer" ;)

I do understand MA cant just tell all the time :rolleyes: they dont want to say they will work with a company and then build up a hype, when its not done yet with negotiations :eek:

Well exactly.. I completely understand...

I often work with advertisers of my business, I don't bother telling the managers about who I'm talking to, because there's no need to get them all excited if nothing ends up happening...

For example, I was working with a baseball team, the ads woulda been perfect, unfortunately, we couldn't come to an agreement on price, so it didn't happen. If I had told the managers, they woulda been bugging me, and asking me to do whatever it takes to get it done. And, even though I did do whatever it took, they just couldn't come to me with what I needed..

I'm sure the same is happening all the time at MA...

I particularly liked the part about ads....

Thanks for putting this together, I have enjoyed your reporting from the conference and this far surpasses that.

+rep

i felt by the way he answered the Advert question that he made a slip up and gave more info away than he was comfortable with and then whey you asked him for clarification he backed away, but the comment about actually looking at adverts helps your loot is deff interesting ;)

great interview btw

i felt by the way he answered the Advert question that he made a slip up and gave more info away than he was comfortable with and then whey you asked him for clarification he backed away, but the comment about actually looking at adverts helps your loot is deff interesting ;)

great interview btw
Well, I think he can't answer specifically about the loot pool, but he can answer about how the advertising company determines how much to give them.

It only makes sense. As an advertiser, I want to know how many people are going to see my ad, but after it's done, I want to know how many people actually saw it. It seems perfectly logical that massive would want MA to track how many ads are being watched. It seems it's a pretty simple thing to add to the universe.

A question that has come up in my mind since the interview (mind you, I've listened to it dozens of times now), is this;

Will the new planet partners be under the same contract as MA with Massive, or will they be responsible for making their own deal? And, either way, does the ad revenue generateed from a partners planets go to MA, or to the planet partner?

Will the new planet partners be under the same contract as MA with Massive, or will they be responsible for making their own deal? And, either way, does the ad revenue generateed from a partners planets go to MA, or to the planet partner?

That's a very interesting case, I imagine we would not get an answer though because it would be done by a case by case basis. And the content of the planet may have an impact on the way/if/type adverts are presented. Also, would a planet that has a bigger player base (i.e one of those "world names" he was mentioning) have to pay a bigger fee to mindark than a planet with smaller player base.

Ok Badger, stop rabbiting on about things that don't concern you :D

That was a great interview thanks Dion!

BTW, my name is pronounced "Ah-Kee-Ran-Blade" ;)

The Banks question was an enlightener although specifics of course were not forthcoming. I guess the next question on that note is timescales for new features to come online.

Was a little dissapointed about the delivery date for CryEngine2 implementation not being answered at all, was hoping for some kind of estimate there.

Again, great interview :thumbup:

Dion -

Thanks for asking my question... (although the answer had nothing to do with the thrust of the question) I do appreciate the asking.....

great interview btw
And that would suck for the people on areas that get few or none at all other adverts than the same old outdated EU clips.

edit: Oh, they might as well roll the clip with working Cash Card just to piss people off more.

Great intervieuw :D wtg entropiaradio

edit: Just resived a phonecall got to mutch work this weekend to do the transcirpt :(

Last edited:
Back