Day/Night Cycle Adds More Excitement?

MonkeyCreamy

Alpha
Society
EntropiaXtreme
Monkey
I don't know about you guys but even though I know its a game those automatic senses kick in. Eg. Yesterday I went to New Switzerland to take some screens and I ended up stuck in the water (lol).

So I pressed T, and it revived me in the outback area to the right of it. And I though aww great I have to run back now. I took it as a opportunity to explore and I got some small and ample claims.

Aside from that when running back it was start getting dark. The sky was going grey and hazy the sun was setting, and for some reason in my head i though "Oh crap I better get back soon, I'm gonna get lost out here" lol. And then I though wtf, lol.

There's just something about it, in EU now if your alone in some far off place and it gets dark it really adds to the mood/excitement.

And when I got back to PA the lights at night people running around just a fantastic feeling. Its probably the most relaxed and enjoyable gaming experience I've had in a long time (aside from the bugs and stuff).

Cant wait to get home today and play it more, I also have quick lil preview vid ill be uploading to youtube. Feel free here to share your experiances and what do you think about the TOD (Time of Day) cycles, how much exactly pass in 24 hours (our time). I think its 4?, (when I got home at 5pm the sun was setting and at 11pm It was night time in EU).

A small tip - go to Nymphtown and watch the sun set behind Lake Serene ;) awesome!

I think the day/night cycle is great. Imagine PvP if the radar could be turned off and it being night in pvp4 :)

really refreshing to see something positive monkey. gl to you mate

Even with radar, pvp will be pretty hard, (such as in pvp4) when it is night time.

its a nice idea, an i guess it will add good efects + atmosphere to the game,

butr right now withthe graphics problems, it just means that it all goes black for a while and i cant do anything - especially anoying as some indoor areas seem to take their lighting from the day night cycle, i got stuck in a revive place that was pitch black, nothing i could do but wait it out. a real pain.

Even with radar, pvp will be pretty hard, (such as in pvp4) when it is night time.

yeah, but imagine hearing someone shooting in the distance, and then turning your Omegaton Flashlight (L) off... hiding in a bush behind a rock... someone comes towards you, but you surprise him (as he uses a flashlight to locate you), and shoot him 2-3 times in the face, and he falls over!

I think it is cool that the OP has can have a positive look on entropia atm and find something relaxing.

I just wish it was that way fro everyone. I feel ce2 is still in beta and MA is self harming with the incredible amount of bugs.

My significant other says she may quit if she can't stop crashing.

She runs a 3 gb system with xp and a nvidia 9800.

I run a 6gb system atm cause it isn't working right with full 12gb in it. Then a nvidia 250 gtx... almost the optimal requirments, I myself even on below graphics standards crash every 5 - 10 minutes it seems...

I love the enviroment, I love the breath taking graphics... but unfortunatley there is alot of people that can't even stay logged in to enjoy them :(

is this useless whining and moaning, likely... but in this case look at the amount of users atm not logged in I would safely guess atleast 75% aren't or can't play at even a bearable status.

yeah, its been great fun so far. When you are in the dark and can see some red dots around you hiding in behind trees or the landscape and you can't be sure if they are daikibas or Atrox Old Alpha. Man that scares me a lot. I love it.

And about the hard to walk trhu landscape. I say bah, the game was too plain anyway. I like the challege it presents now, and I allways carry my wallyshelvings just in case.

Yesterday I got home and started playing at about 6:00pm, stopped at about 11:30pm-12:00pm. Within that time the game closed on me about 8 times or so. And I also just lost connection about 2 times. Making about 10 interruptions were I have to relog multiple times (Avatar is already online, erg).

Its annoying, but I know that will clear its self up and get fixed eventually. So I'm just gonna enjoy the positive things and not dwell on the negative because in a overall view this is a change for the good.

As for people having a plethora of troubles, if you don't wanna deal with it. Then don't, its not bad to wait a extra couple of weeks or so. Your not gonna miss anything, the last thing MA would do right now is attempt to launch the golden age with small amounts of players on line, the main issues will be cleared up first.

However what you could do if you can't login, request screens and whatnot and get familiarized with the map. When I go ingame and play right now im next to useless, I used to be a expert at the map. There's lots to find out and lots to explore. When fruits come in vu 10.2 ill spend a whole day lookin for them and hunting and mining. All I'm really doing right now is taking screens and going ohhh ahhh! And wandering like a chimpanzee in a diaper.

yeah, but imagine hearing someone shooting in the distance, and then turning your Omegaton Flashlight (L) off... hiding in a bush behind a rock... someone comes towards you, but you surprise him (as he uses a flashlight to locate you), and shoot him 2-3 times in the face, and he falls over!

Wont happen if you're wearing Vigi or Nemi. Flashlights built right into the armor!

You could land a jet with as bright as those lights are.. I LOVE IT!

I am maybe the only person that doesn't like the dark/light effect.

I would be substantialy happier if it was light everywhere and I didn't have armor covered in lights. Like a gay mime artist.
I will try and stay in the daylight from now on

Not really, just turn up gamma and it'll be almost as daytime ;)

My Samsung LCD screen has this automatic contrast thing were it constantly changes the monitor settings to make it always look the best. Its fantastic because when it gets dark in the game it doesn't make it too dark for me it makes it like a dark bluish gray its really nice. Feels almost like real life night were its dark but not so dark you cant see the environment around you, you just get that gray/blueish grading off the moon. Maybe ill have to film it this weekend.

I think it is cool that the OP has can have a positive look on entropia atm and find something relaxing.

I just wish it was that way fro everyone. I feel ce2 is still in beta and MA is self harming with the incredible amount of bugs.

I run a 6gb system atm cause it isn't working right with full 12gb in it. Then a nvidia 250 gtx... almost the optimal requirments, I myself even on below graphics standards crash every 5 - 10 minutes it seems...

I love the enviroment, I love the breath taking graphics... but unfortunatley there is alot of people that can't even stay logged in to enjoy them :(

is this useless whining and moaning, likely... but in this case look at the amount of users atm not logged in I would safely guess atleast 75% aren't or can't play at even a bearable status.

Same here its nvidia bug they said they gonna fix it in next update. :) hopefully tommorow it will be fixed and we all can enjoy new calypso :D

I have no problems against the current bugs. I dont care about the third person mode. I always played in first person when hunting/mining/crafting ect in old EU. And the auto aim thingy made you actually shoot slower then shooting in with mouse in first person before. At least for me. Maybe it was server lagg who knows :eyecrazy:
Once they fix that nvidia bug we all can login and play and explore calypso! :) and im sure the other most important anoying bugs will get fixed soon after that.

I think there is a great future ahead. Dont judge EU now its to early. Let it be a few months and you will see ;)

One thing about the night I must say stunned be today was that during night last I decided to head to neas and see if I could find some Ambu's to shoot at.

to my amazement for the first time in my life playing MMO's that has day and night, the night was actually night. it was PITCH dark, saw red dots, saw green dots, on the minimap, but id have to look very closly till i gave up and shot and hit the mobs, absolutly stunning.

just as if your out in the woods at night

when there was stars and clear sky theres visable due to the moon, but when i was at neas, it was pitch dark and abit cloudy, just as it is atm ingame. shooting makes it flash and visualize some stuff but wow. always dreamt of playing a game and when its night you cant see a damn skeet. :yay:

next thing to do is gaze at the stars and watch the sunset with someone :D any voulenteers? I has cookies! =3 >_>

IMHO night is "a little bit" to dark. I see completly nothing. Yesterday i stuck on unwisible tree. Two or three times I tried to shoot a mob and again- unvisible plant. I have maxed brightness but it doesn't helped.

I just had a thought. We now have a night sky; are there any recognisable constellations? And if not, maybe someone could start coming up with some? :)

After all, we are in the position of the first early humans; for the first time we can see the stars!

By the way, do the moons change position and/or have phases?

None of this cool stuff excuses all the bugs though. For some strange reason, the only times I've managed to log into PA have been at night. :scratch2:

The darkest night is too dark, it doesn't last for long, but it's a couple minutes of wtf is going on. I do like the cycles and several other small things (like the mining finders showing the claim info on the finder screens). Hopefully a lot of the graphics bugs others are having and getting stuck on terrain will be fixed soon.

The darkest night is too dark, it doesn't last for long, but it's a couple minutes of wtf is going on.

Yea, I turned dynamic contrast off on my screen and saw its completely pitch black almost. With dynamic contrast on its perfect, however I think it would have been really awesome if MA gave us as a settlement gift like Flashlight, a unlimited item that just decays 1 pec to equip (or if they really have to make it 1 ped to equip so after you equip it once if you take it off you have to pay 1 ped to repair and equip it again, you wouldn't have to ever take it off though). And it would be alot of fun to use/mount on your gun and it would automatically come on when it starts to get dark.

Lol. Think a team in middle of no were and some miner on a hill seeing all these lil flashlights everywhere rotating and stuff = P

Sunrise in nymphtown truly is beautifull o.o

any other nice places to watch the sunrise \ sunset?

personally love the sunset in ithaca so far :D

Lol. Think a team in middle of no were and some miner on a hill seeing all these lil flashlights everywhere rotating and stuff = P

Yeah, would be truly awesome

And ontopic, the day/night cyclus is great, i love it :yay:

personally I can't stand these day/night cycle, thought it was a bad idea when I first heard of it and now with it implemented ingame it everybit as I thought it would :rolleyes:...

Now I can agree it looks nice but that felling will soon wear thin and fade.

(no not negative about all things in the new vu, but this really bugs me.. :mad: )

//Hammer

If I missed this sorry, but what is the actual real time interval of day and night?

James

Back