FYI: DBE December 2010 Investment Opportunities

Skippie

Slayer
Society
Soldier of Fortune
Darth Skippie Boobie
Puny Investment

Players that have as little as 1k to 10k and wish to see that PED work for them in a new and exciting way can place that holding into an interest bearing Puny Investment as they are issued by DBE. Puny Investments will be issued to fund specific projects and will be realistically short term, low risk opportunities. This type of investment will pay a standard rate of 1% per month or about what an IRL Savings Account pays per year in only one month.

DBE will take in the capital investment from this type of investor only as needed and will pay off Puny Investments in most cases after one month but can and will hold the funds for up to a 10 month maximum term. DBE reserves the right to refuse investment from any and all potential Puny Investors at any time for any reason.

Example: Johnny Fourteen Toes hits a Feffoid Warrior for 1803 PED. He decides to place 1k of his new found fortune into a DBE Puny Investment. His 1000 PED will then grow to 1010 PED after one month. After a full 10 month term of a Puny Investment, Johnny would receive an 1100 PED payout from DBE.

Weak Investment

Players that have a more significant amount of PED can choose to place 10k to 100k into a Weak Investment as they are issued by DBE. Weak Investments will bundle a group of players for the purposes of acquiring virtual property and will pay a monthly dividend to each based on actual earnings from that property. Weak Investments are long term, medium risk opportunities. This level of investment is perfect for you if you have always wanted to own a part of something but could never do it on your own. The goal of a Weak Investment will be to acquire, market and recoup the invested cost of virtual property.

Weak Investment partners will be handled on a case by case basis. DBE reserves the right to refuse investment from any and all potential Weak Investors at any time for any reason.

Example: Argo Angrosa, a one argo dna property, is for sale for 150k. Archlady and Cherryman are friends and hunting partners who love argos and have 50k PED each. They approach DBE and a 33/33/33 agreement is struck. DBE would then hold, market and recoup that property. Tax payments would be paid monthly to Arch and Cherry minus any event or fertilization expenses. Should the group decide to sell Argo Angrosa the proceeds from the sale would then be split 33/33/33.

Strong Investment

Players that have a more significant amount of PED can choose to place 100k+ into a Strong Investment as they are issued by DBE. Strong Investments will be reached between one Strong Investor and DBE to acquire virtual property and will pay a weekly dividend to that partner based on actual earnings from that property. Strong Investments are long term, high risk opportunities. The goal of a Strong Investment will be to acquire, market and recoup the invested cost of virtual property.

Strong Investment partners will be handled on a case by case basis. DBE reserves the right to refuse investment from any and all potential Strong Investors at any time for any reason.

Example: Jenna Star Mercury and DBE purchased Proteron Pasture OLA46 in partnership in Oct 2010. All purchase costs for the land and DNA were paid 50/50. Tax payments are settled once weekly between Star and DBE minus any event or fertilization expenses. Should the partnership decide to sell OLA46 the proceeds from that sale would then be split 50/50.

Should any of these opportunities look suitable to you as an investor, feel free to contact Skippie via this forum's Private Message function, on skype @ darthskippieboobie or on Facebook @ Kipp Shives.

Darth Skippie Boobie
Kipp Shives
CEO - Darth Boobie Entropia

Good luck with the endeavor Skip. I've been thinking lately that the days of "Investing Big" are coming to an end here in-game.... so you may very well be onto something here!

Cheers!

Menace

So basically puny offers 12% increase over a year, thats much better than good saving accounts with 2% or 3%, but still sounds feasible - interesting concept :)

I don’t want to criticise, I just want to offer my opinion concerning the »Puny« option.

If you have 1k PED, and you don’t diminish it by hunting, mining, or crafting activities or buying stuff for yourself, you should under normal circumstances be able to make additional puny 10 PED from the 1k PED easily by yourself (and actually more). :dunno:

Good luck with the endeavor Skip. I've been thinking lately that the days of "Investing Big" are coming to an end here in-game.... so you may very well be onto something here!

very true, maybe in the future we'll all invest puny.

So basically puny offers 12% increase over a year, thats much better than good saving accounts with 2% or 3%, but still sounds feasible - interesting concept :)

that's largely correct. a puny investment will offer a 1% increase per month, up to but limited to a 10 month 10% increase over its full term.

I don’t want to criticise, I just want to offer my opinion concerning the »Puny« option.

If you have 1k PED, and you don’t diminish it by hunting, mining, or crafting activities or buying stuff for yourself, you should under normal circumstances be able to make additional puny 10 PED from the 1k PED easily by yourself (and actually more). :dunno:

and ppl that are capable of doing just that, should do just that. an additional note would be that at this time, i do not have any puny investment in mind or currently offered. the above is merely a publicly shared document to explain how DBE is going to move forward with investors.

yeah perfect if you have the time... but for example I had my ped card invested into someone for the time of my final class test preparation.... I knew I was save with that and it earned me some so I could focus on more important things than making ped at the time.
I think when you invest with the right ppl in the right situation it can be a win win situation... but some risk remains all the time ofc.

If you get paid a divident every month it's usually reinvested (for example this is often the case when owning stocks or investment funds etc) and therefore 1% if reinvested is 100*(1.01^12) = 112,682503 which is about 12,68 % increase over a year. But if you get the 1 % paid every month it's 12 %.

Skippie, are your investment offers going to be limited to Planet Calypso, or potentially other planets as well, if you know what your own goal is in that area at this time anyway?

Just dont do a Richard Devil on us. ;)

Does DBE hire? :rolleyes:

or an entropia fond manager... or an stts. Both of those started out good and had "buyback guarantees" of sorts at first... but over time that disappeared as the investing side grew and/or the investment in LAs and things of that nature made all of the invested money disappear as risk became much higher when the invested money was tied directly to markup and it was impossible to sell and make money off of the taxes too at the same time.

Skippie, are your investment offers going to be limited to Planet Calypso, or potentially other planets as well, if you know what your own goal is in that area at this time anyway?

at this time, i have no intentions to own or operate any estate holdings on other planets. time may change that as opportunity exists on other planets. for now they don't even seem to understand looting armor or pyrite. and all of the land owned there seems to be held by marketing partners or the studio themselves.

i'm not seeking investment with the plan to gather up some money and then figure out a way to make peds with it.

i'm also not starting a FUND/FOND.

i have no plans at this time to go anywhere or do anything besides continue to play eu as i have now for over 5 years.

Does DBE hire? :rolleyes:

DBE has exactly one employee.

or an entropia fond manager... or an stts. Both of those started out good and had "buyback guarantees" of sorts at first... but over time that disappeared as the investing side grew and/or the investment in LAs and things of that nature made all of the invested money disappear as risk became much higher when the invested money was tied directly to markup and it was impossible to sell and make money off of the taxes too at the same time.

i haven't really followed how those funds have worked out for their investors. i've never put money into a fund nor would i suggest to any serious investor in EU that that is a great way to make some PED.

Sounds interesting, I think in the long term to play this game need some sort of ingame income

That’s really great to hear, investing on something is a good way to save money, as it gives guaranteed results in the long run. At the same time we should be very careful while investing and should take right decisions and should also make sure that we are dealing with the right people.

hey Skippie,

would only say hello to my old soc-boss :)
wish you all the best with your buisness plan...

gl Djonator

Back