Deaf mode. V2

RickEngland

Elite
Society
Jurai Blood
Rickard Rick England
Hi legends. Looks like that necro post is closed. So I'll post here (v2)

I worked out what caused the issue though.

I have ASUS super duper, coloured lighting keyboard gaming laptop. There's a 'genuine' system support program, that alway requested to be activated or updated (cant even remember name of progam now, some ASUS thing additional to windows) . As long as I clicked 'no' I had sound with EU Then one day it decided to activate itself. Bit like what Microsoft does after certain number of user refusals. Then no sound again.

Its only an issue with EU, sound works fine for anything else. So last few logins, not bothered with sound.

I guess I could find out the name of program from 'tasks' when I boot up the laptop at some point.

Just got fed up with the piece of French cr@p to be honest. Its not only that though, the way the company partitioned the hard drive causes issues with saving EU screen shots on the tiny size part of the drive, and in super low res too. EU auto sends screen shots to that.

I'm a "click and go" person with computers these days. If it don't work, I'll either put it away, or throw it down the garden at high speed...haha.

Typing this with Samsung phone.

Anyway these ASUS gaming laptops might look good, but the french software is awful, that adds to Windows.

Laters Rick.

I think 'Gaming' laptops in general are rather inferior to any Desktop option. I originally had purchased a custom Origin 'gaming' laptop and it worked ok for a couple of years and then I started getting blue screens and now I can't even log into Entropia unless I have it set to safe mode, and even then it struggles (mind you that Origin PC gaming laptop is 7 years old by now).

I have an off-the-shelf Asus ROG gaming desktop now and it works great, at a fraction of the cost of that custom Origin PC gaming laptop, so I think it's just the way 'gaming' laptops are. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else chimed in and told of similar experiences with an Alienware 'gaming' laptop for example.

I remember the days that after each big new VU, we had to either buy more ram, or a brand new computer. In those days the worry wasn't how buggy the game was, it was the worry if your computer could handle the new update after we uploading it. Serious too, haha.

The number of new computers I bought to run EU became a bit of a running joke.

Looks like I have a similar ROG machine (laptop instead of desktop). Kit is so powerful now. I'm pretty confident laptops can do the job. Just wish I bought standard laptop with separate built in graphics (my misses one, works just fine).

Not playing much EU at moment, so all is cool. I have the radio on anyway if in game. I'm in my 50's now, I don't care what all the buttons on my TV remote do anymore. All I want is volume and switch channel. I'm even on the phone to the wife.... "you've gone out and left it on Netflix, how do I switch it back to sky? " Funny stuff.

The 6 year old is a master Minecraft builder though. New generation.

Rick.

Back