Decent gaming-capable laptop?

flocring

Hatchling
I currently use a 2015 MacBook Pro as my everyday use laptop, but it's a lower spec model and just doesn't have the power I want. I'm thinking of upgrading to something like an XPS15 or a Razer something as they're fairly sleek and powerful, but not too sure exactly yet - any suggestions? I'm also a little confused about selling the MacBook - it's held its value well and is still worth a good chunk of money - would eBay end up marking me as a seller/HMRC demanding taxes? I've been selling a lot in the last few months preparing to move house. I've had a play with this tax calculator to see what I'd pay and it's not a nice number - should I be worrying about this at all? Not quite sure where to look! Thanks in advance for any help :)

i just got an acer predator helios 300 series.

256gb SDD
16gb ram
1060 graphics
144hz screen.

super nice. on amazon for like 1,050 USD

I currently use a 2015 MacBook Pro as my everyday use laptop, but it's a lower spec model and just doesn't have the power I want. I'm thinking of upgrading to something like an XPS15 or a Razer something as they're fairly sleek and powerful, but not too sure exactly yet - any suggestions? I'm also a little confused about selling the MacBook - it's held its value well and is still worth a good chunk of money - would eBay end up marking me as a seller/HMRC demanding taxes? I've been selling a lot in the last few months preparing to move house. I've had a play with this tax calculator to see what I'd pay and it's not a nice number - should I be worrying about this at all? Not quite sure where to look! Thanks in advance for any help :)

What is your budget?
Do you want a more silent/cooler/less powerful laptop (15W CPU) or a more hotter/noisy/powerful laptop (45W CPU)?

Depending on the country, the prices and availability vary quite significantly, so if you could recomend a website you usually buy from, so we can check there for laptops, would be of great help.

Get this and keep the macbook. Gpu itself u could find a cheap used one on ebay for less than 80 quid.

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/raz...re-win10-and-mac-external-graphics-laptops-bl

this way u keep the lightweight laptop and can game at home when plugged in external gpu. Whatever you would buy for the money you sell your macbook for, will be either heavy/clunky or underpowered IMO,

good laptop

I really liked the Asus Chimera G703GI. Really powerful gaming laptop. Core i9 processor and 17.3-inch screen. Suitable for all my favorite games. The programs I need for work (I am a designer) also start quickly. The laptop is compact and does not look great. I travel often, so for me, this is a big plus. I use Asus Chimera G703GI for five months, I can advise you.

I owned Alienware M17 R1 gaming laptop, It is great! high speed, HD screen, Awesome sound, graphics in short it is a perfect gaming laptop. If you haven't got one by now, definitely try this one out.

Back