Deciphering Thorifoid/Thorio/Mindreaver language

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
I don't think anyone has managed to decipher the new language of Thor/Mindreavers which came about with the cyclops cave update.

Perhaps we may make more progress as a community effort in deciphering this language.

To that end let's try and collect all appearances of this text here in one place.

If you have seen this text mentioned by any npc or inscription anywhere in game please do post. Pictures can be very useful here. Some npc will only state the text once and after completing a mission you will probably not be able to see the text again so do make sure to take pics.

Thor/Mindreaver Alphabet (i.e. unique symbols identified so far):
symbol1small.jpg
symbol1
symbol2smallupdated.jpg
symbol2
symbol3small.jpg
symbol3
symbol4small.jpg
symbol4
symbol5small.jpg
symbol5
symbol6small.jpg
symbol6
symbol7small.jpg
symbol7
symbol8small.jpg
symbol8
symbol9small.jpg
symbol9
symbol10small.jpg
symbol10
symbol11small.jpg
symbol11
symbol12small.jpg
symbol12
symbol13small.jpg
symbol13
symbol14small.jpg
symbol14
symbol15small.jpg
symbol15
symbol16small.jpg
symbol16

separatorsymbol.jpg
separator symbol

List of words:
kahg weapon (or is it kagh?)
ghe human/he
ghekagh enemy
laheroe sun, light (sun god?)
khem darkness
trokth guard
kheghem
ghem animals

Named Thorifoid characters:
Onard (the faceless one)[Caldera clan]
Chalte (Pyromancer Chalte)
Shkah [Caldera Thor clan]
Rakzum

Last edited:

This ancient stone tablet features in one of the missions leading up to the cave instance.

stone_column.jpg

Stone column with coin. Coin has some lettering/numbering.

crystalline_hologram_key.jpg

Crysttalline hologram key used to enter cave instance has some inscription on it. Hard to make out on my computer perhaps someone with better quality graphics could post pics of it?

thorifoid_side_coat.jpg

thorifoid_arm.jpg

Thorifoid images showing markings on coat, arm, chest and symbol on helmet. Not sure if these are meaningful i.e. just artwork.

thorifoid_shaman.jpg

shaman2.jpg

Thorifoid shaman with markings on coat, chest and hat.

Lettering on floor tiles.

Last edited:
[Pyromancer Chalte] Come here ghe!

Last edited:
last reservation in case needed

I like the idea, count on me to help deciphering it!

Added unique symbols (alphabet) identified so far to first post. Well only from the ancient stone tablet. Will look at the other ones later...

Analysis/discussions on their meanings will begin after...

You're missing the 5 stone pilars' runes and chat logs of the Marcimex mission's NPC...

The npc logs I may not have. Some npc only give their story chat at start and I'm not sure if I took pics. Was hoping someone took pics.

Mindreaver also had a long chat/story.

By five stone pillars if you mean the orbs outside. I was wondering what would be best way to capture that since orbs are spinning. Perhaps someone could make youtube video of each orb?

scythian_hun_runes.jpg

Above is the scythian, hun, hungarian rune alphabet. See some similarity and in some case identical runes only that they have been rotated.

Viking runes have similar properties as above btw.

@sissi yup there are similarities between these symbols and runes. However having looked at varieties of different runes I was unable to find one which was a perfect match. So it would seem these are based on runes but altered or in terms of Calypso storyline could be that the original inhabitants of Calypso (mindreavers) used runes but somehow we have used their alphabet and changed it (or vice versa). Difficult to know which species used it first. Perhaps that will be made clear later when and if the storyline continues.

I've updated opening post with smaller symbols so that I can use them to write. Also added two new symbols identified from ancient monument orbs outside cyclops instance.

Labelled all symbols with numbers so that it's easier for us to talk about each. Symbol2 has been modified- left most line has been made more vertical. This makes the distinction between symbol 2 and symbol13 more clear.

I'll add transcript of runes from orbs in next post.

Ancient monument (767, 699)
symbol9small.jpg
symbol5small.jpg
symbol3small.jpg
symbol13small.jpg
separatorsymbol.jpg
symbol9small.jpg
symbol6small.jpg
symbol10small.jpg
symbol8small.jpg
symbol1small.jpg
separatorsymbol.jpg
symbol15small.jpg
symbol2smallupdated.jpg
symbol1small.jpg

Last edited:
Apologies for multiple posts. I couldn't place all of them in one post because it exceeded the total image count per post. The text is made up entirely of images.

Anyway some progress. Reading from right to left the first two words on all monuments are the same. This realization could help us to crack the code. I think I may be onto something and I have a sneaky suspicion on what it may be saying...

edit:
also added symbol15 to opening post

Last edited:
it may help if you have the English phrase that popped up when initially messing with each orb. I had screenshots of it but now that pc is in storage in another country. It could help as it were different for each orb.

it may help if you have the English phrase that popped up when initially messing with each orb. I had screenshots of it but now that pc is in storage in another country. It could help as it were different for each orb.

I'm not sure if I took a picture then. Pics of conversations with mindreaver npc and other npc inside cyclops instance with their conversations may also help. So if anyone has got any pics please do post.

we need to get someone who has not yet done the mission for the orbs... So they can write down what each orb pops up in white letters telling us... I remember it was like a warning, go away or else .... kinda thing but we need which pillar says which when interacted with the first time.

yup that would be ideal.

anyone reading this please ask your soc members...

I have probably not done these missions yet. Could you provide some info on them, mission name, broker, etc.

Bored anyway of iron challenge grinding, would be a nice change.

The mission is Vault Hunter and starts at npc named Shapiro in Fort Troy.

Please remember to take pics.

Thanks sissi. Looks as if we may have this cracked :yay:

So the text from the 5 pillars

pillars.jpg

Will continue with the next part, 3 sacred sites.

Last edited:
Did another screenie of the coin, 4 signs can be seen a bit better and I redrew them to the best of my knowledge.

coin_19256.jpg

Thanks sissi for all the help.

The mission text for the pillars although doesn't help in directly translating it and wasn't what I was expecting but still may provide some clues.

I suspect releasing us could refer to the orbs or somehow be linked to what the mindreaver npc was saying something about mindreavers leaving calypso for another planet. Perhaps deciphering the text on pillars gives a location to where they went.

I'm not at home at moment but visiting someone. When I get home I'll post pics of the pillars I took. I suspect one of the inscription on them is a planetary system. There is also some text but unfortunately I didn't have time to post those pics as I had to leave...

The coin I've been thinking about and seems a bit baffling:
- Is it merely decoration only?
- Are the symbols on it some kind of numbering system?
- Are the symbols part of the alphabet?
- or something else?

I'm verging on them being some kind of numbering but the Y type symbol in it looks out of place. Note the hand has 3 fingers with each finger joint having a circular type symbol/inscription. There are also 3 nuts where the coin slots in. I remember seeing a similar arrangement in the form of buildings/structures in the new corinth area. The top right of the server area on an island but that could just be coincidence.

So looks as if we are still missing a lot. Perhaps the text from the next npcs will have further clues.

edit:
I forgot to add the 5 pillars each have a different aura or graphic effect on them. I suspect that could be important. For example one of them had lightning/electric. So I was thinking may correspond with different mindforce effects but could equally be something else like an effect or description of different places.

Last edited:
The coin I've been thinking about and seems a bit baffling:
- Is it merely decoration only?
- Are the symbols on it some kind of numbering system?
- Are the symbols part of the alphabet?
- or something else?

I'm verging on them being some kind of numbering but the Y type symbol in it looks out of place. Note the hand has 3 fingers with each finger joint having a circular type symbol/inscription. There are also 3 nuts where the coin slots in. I remember seeing a similar arrangement in the form of buildings/structures in the new corinth area. The top right of the server area on an island but that could just be coincidence.

For a very short while I thought the coin symbols resembled Predator numbers/alphabet... But a quick check unfortunately proved me wrong. Would have given a nice twist (yeah I know copyrighted, etc..)

The pics of bottoms of the pillars:

Side 1
side1.jpg

side2
side2.jpg

side3
side3.jpg

side4
side4.jpg

side 1 inscription:
separatorsymbol.jpg
symbol6small.jpg
symbol10small.jpg
symbol1small.jpg
symbol3small.jpg

Side2 inscription:
symbol12small.jpg
symbol4small.jpg
separatorsymbol.jpg
<corrupted>

Side3 inscription:
separatorsymbol.jpg
symbol15small.jpg
symbol2smallupdated.jpg
symbol1small.jpg

Side4 inscription:
symbol5small.jpg
symbol1small.jpg
symbol16small.jpg

Added symbol 16 to alphabet. This symbol appears on side4 and is symbol8 flipped horizontally.

The inscription on side3 is identical to the first word of the text on the spinning orb itself (as shown in earlier posts).

Note the top half of the pillar above the spinning orb also has what appears to be a solar system to me. There is also an arrow pointing down on the top pillar. Will try to take another picture of that when I visit pillars again.

Before, someone posts Marcimex mission broker's chat logs, here's some Thor language words which he uses:

kahg weapon (or is it kagh?)
ghe human/he
ghekagh enemy
laheroe sun, light (sun god?)
khem darkness
trokth guard
kheghem
ghem animals

Back