symbol6small.jpg
symbol10small.jpg
symbol8small.jpg
symbol1small.jpg
separatorsymbol.jpg
symbol15small.jpg
symbol2smallupdated.jpg
symbol1small.jpg

The above is from earlier post of text on one of the orbs. I think it may have this structure:

separatorsymbol.jpg
symbol15small.jpg
symbol2smallupdated.jpg
symbol1small.jpg

This may be the start of sentence and could be something like:
The
Our
etc

separatorsymbol.jpg
symbol9small.jpg
symbol6small.jpg
symbol10small.jpg
symbol8small.jpg
symbol1small.jpg

This may be the second word and may be something like:
Place
Town
Planet
City
House
etc

symbol9small.jpg
symbol5small.jpg
symbol1small.jpg
symbol6small.jpg

This may be the third word in the sentence and could be the name of the place itself. If that is right it gives us some context to work with.

Before, someone posts Marcimex mission broker's chat logs, here's some Thor language words which he uses:

Thanks Pyha it's things like that we need to do the next stage of deciphering since we are getting more of an idea of the context. We may soon be able to start deciphering some of the words/symbols.

Might be a too easy solution, north south west east... for the pillars

Might be a too easy solution, north south west east... for the pillars

You've lost me completely. Do you mean the words I was trying to form a sentence could be directions? Guess they could be we don't really know.

However I was thinking it's a sentence because all five pillars had the same first two words (if reading from right to left). Which gives some structure to a sentence...

edit:
oh I got it you meant the following could be directions (north, south, east, west). Cool noted :)

side 1 inscription:
separatorsymbol.jpg
symbol6small.jpg
symbol10small.jpg
symbol1small.jpg
symbol3small.jpg

Side2 inscription:
symbol12small.jpg
symbol4small.jpg
separatorsymbol.jpg
<corrupted>

Side3 inscription:
separatorsymbol.jpg
symbol15small.jpg
symbol2smallupdated.jpg
symbol1small.jpg

Side4 inscription:
symbol5small.jpg
symbol1small.jpg
symbol16small.jpg

Last edited:
More thoughts...

side2.jpg

Instead of Solar System this could be Calypso because Calypso has two moons and picture shows two bodies orbiting. This Calypso centric view fits picture better.

Also thinking back over the mindreaver npc it asks you to kill mindreavers to free them. So when it says "release us" that could be a reference to freeing mindreavers i.e. completing mindreaver mission chain. Anyone completed that mission chain? Did they get any message?

If they are just random pictures that don't mean anything, MA should turn them into something that makes sense, just because of this thread ;)

If they are just random pictures that don't mean anything, MA should turn them into something that makes sense, just because of this thread ;)

That's what happened with the egg storyline and kinda same with old Thorifoid temple which turned out to be Cyclops Depths instance. IMHO, solving these puzzles would be more cool if something already existed behind these puzzles.

I suspect they already have thought it through but made it quite hard. It looks as if it's not a direct translation i.e. each english character doesn't directly translate to this alien alphabet.

We need more words to solve it. The key to solving this could the the four tiles on the floor to summon Onard. That particular sequence of characters features a repetition of characters. So a five letter word with a repeating character in correct place could help us to make sense of that word and may be enough to crack the rest...

Sequence on floor tiles reads:
symbol10small.jpg
symbol2smallupdated.jpg
symbol10small.jpg
symbol3small.jpg
symbol4small.jpg

Last edited:
Anything constructive guys?

We need more symbols, 16 is not enough and we probably don't need all the 26, those that could be scrapped could be in the line of : K, V or W, X, Z and perhaps Q

Will take a look into the hologram "KEY"??? tomorrow to see if it contains any additional symbols.

Read this article a year ago

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/11/ff-the-manuscript/all/

Added names of other thorifoid mobs in cyclops instance to opening post i.e.
Shkah [Caldera Thor clan]
Rakzum

Also been looking at the other words we have so far:
List of words:
kahg weapon (or is it kagh?)
ghe human/he
ghekagh enemy
laheroe sun, light (sun god?)
khem darkness
trokth guard
kheghem
ghem animals

ghe = human
ghem = animal
So could be that adding an m to a word changes it to the opposite or an animal. So removing an m could also toggle it?

So Khem = darkness
Khe = may be day or light?

Kheghem therefore could be day animal?
Khemghem could be night animal?

Kagh= weapon.
Ghekagh could be a human with a weapon = enemy.

Laheroe = sun/light (sun god?)

La could be one character

h another character

e another character

ro another character

e character

Now we could substitute these for some characters:
symbol10small.jpg
=e
symbol2smallupdated.jpg
=ro
symbol10small.jpg
=e
symbol3small.jpg
=h
symbol4small.jpg
=La

symbol10small.jpg
symbol2smallupdated.jpg
symbol10small.jpg
symbol3small.jpg
symbol4small.jpg

= Laheroe ?

Note could also be that L is one character and ah another in Laheroe but could still make Laheroe in the above runes.

But nah I don't think it really is that. Still worth running things through your mind maybe something will click for someone reading this.

So killed my eyes squinting trying to find some new symbols on the hologram key and found 9-ish new ones.

2 symbols (symbol 3 and 8) are actually 4 each (just rotated)

1 symbol (nr 2) has at least 3 variants

and symbol nr 1 has also 2 variants.

hologramic_key.jpg

Disregard the part I wrote about unreadable, bottom right 3 are doable and the upper sentence 50-50.

Will continue tomorrow, if no1 else does until then, I will make a new list of the ones detected so far.

Have fun :)

Couldnt you guys....

So killed my eyes squinting trying to find some new symbols on the hologram key and found 9-ish new ones.

hologramic_key.jpg

Disregard the part I wrote about unreadable, bottom right 3 are doable and the upper sentence 50-50.

Will continue tomorrow, if no1 else does until then, I will make a new list of the ones detected so far.

...and gals...be spending peds instead of this? :laugh:

+ rep sent thanks for adding depth to game Ace....I will be following this thread with anticipation.

Brick

...and gals...be spending peds instead of this? :laugh:

+ rep sent thanks for adding depth to game Ace....I will be following this thread with anticipation.

Brick

Well I have already done 2 runs today (2xA106 amps, appr. 650peds per run) and even tho I'm less than 30% of a level away from kill strike (another 40 something runs) I am unable to motivate myself to do the hardcore grinding as in the past (8-10 amps per day), so this gives a nice distraction :)

ps. all natural, no chipping in or out!

hologramic_key.jpg

Not too sure if it's worthwhile continuing with that holographic key. Two major problems; one we don't know if a symbol is new or just eroded so much and just looks new; Second we don't know which way we are supposed to read it i.e. the symbols which you have upside down perhaps that's meant to be read by turning the key upside down (i.e. then symbols would become like ones we already have)? I'm verging on latter because if some symbols are rotated so that they are upside down I would expect a word to contain a mix of upside down as well as normal since they are all upside down that could be an indicator we are reading it upside down.

Then again a remember reading a web page on runes that said some runes can be turned upside down in which case their meaning becomes the opposite.

So although not sure about continuing....then again could be something in the key that is actually really useful and helps us unlock the rest. That's problem with these type of puzzles difficult to know if we are on right lines or just following a dead end or a wrong path completely...

Not too sure if it's worthwhile continuing with that holographic key. Two major problems; one we don't know if a symbol is new or just eroded so much and just looks new; Second we don't know which way we are supposed to read it i.e. the symbols which you have upside down perhaps that's meant to be read by turning the key upside down (i.e. then symbols would become like ones we already have)? I'm verging on latter because if some symbols are rotated so that they are upside down I would expect a word to contain a mix of upside down as well as normal since they are all upside down that could be an indicator we are reading it upside down.

Then again a remember reading a web page on runes that said some runes can be turned upside down in which case their meaning becomes the opposite.

So although not sure about continuing....then again could be something in the key that is actually really useful and helps us unlock the rest. That's problem with these type of puzzles difficult to know if we are on right lines or just following a dead end or a wrong path completely...

You might be right, but some of them are in same line or on same side of the key and somehow we would be needing 26 symbols to get the whole alphabet, unless the symbols represent sounds as you suggested earlier (ie. le, ghe, th, etc).

Will try to get all the symbols on the key and the other symbol sites to see which are most common and substitute them with the most common letters (ie etaoin being the most common), this might reveal if we are on the right path or not.

Will try to get all the symbols on the key and the other symbol sites to see which are most common and substitute them with the most common letters (ie etaoin being the most common), this might reveal if we are on the right path or not.

Yup we desperately need more data. Remember to print screen the pop up dialog boxes with lots of text when talking to some npc. Something in there could be important.

We need something to pin down as it is we don't really know how many letters are in the alphabet, if a letter represents sounds, an individual character or even whole words.

There may be something in those texts that helps us.

For example the text box at this tablet I remember told a long story about a tree and lake. Lake/water is a rune character so perhaps there was some kind of clue in that pop up text....

Ancient rune
urnordisk_runrad.gif

Viking rune
vikinga_runrad.gif

Hope it helps..

Ancient rune
urnordisk_runrad.gif

Viking rune
vikinga_runrad.gif

Hope it helps..

Well in most runes we have the following:
symbol15small.jpg
= T
symbol12small.jpg
= I
symbol10small.jpg
= k (in one i saw it as R)
symbol3small.jpg
= L

Maybe that will come in handy ...

Thanks for the video Pyha because at 18:48 in video is the info I was looking for. That basically gives us literally the words on the tablet.

I've marked what each word is on tablet pic below.

Note only word we know about pronunciation is guard (see opening post). Now that is a bit baffling because symbol 11 could be T or TH or there is a mistake somewhere.

We need to verify the word guard (trokth) that we have is correct.

Edit:
Note made mistake on tablet. There should be the word "The" between "something" and "key" on the second row i.e. symbol 9 seems to be the word for "the"

Last edited:
Thanks for the video Pyha because at 18:48 in video is the info I was looking for. That basically gives us literally the words on the tablet.

I've marked what each word is on tablet pic below.

Note only word we know about pronunciation is guard (see opening post). Now that is a bit baffling because symbol 11 could be T or TH or there is a mistake somewhere.

We need to verify the word guard (trokth) that we have is correct.

Edit:
Note made mistake on tablet. There should be the word "The" between "something" and "key" on the second row i.e. symbol 9 seems to be the word for "the"

So you have:

symbol5small.jpg
symbol1small.jpg
symbol4small.jpg
symbol1small.jpg
= Ship
symbol4small.jpg
symbol3small.jpg
symbol2smallupdated.jpg
symbol1small.jpg
= Hope
symbol11small.jpg
symbol10small.jpg
symbol7small.jpg
= "Unknown"
symbol9small.jpg
symbol8small.jpg
symbol1small.jpg
symbol7small.jpg
= The Key
symbol3small.jpg
symbol6small.jpg
= Follow
symbol1small.jpg
symbol7small.jpg
= End
symbol12small.jpg
symbol4small.jpg
symbol1small.jpg
= Water
symbol2smallupdated.jpg
symbol2smallupdated.jpg
symbol8small.jpg
= Grow
symbol4small.jpg
symbol3small.jpg
symbol2smallupdated.jpg
symbol6small.jpg
= Finger/Tree
symbol11small.jpg
symbol2smallupdated.jpg
symbol5small.jpg
symbol11small.jpg
= Guard (Trokth)
symbol8small.jpg
symbol1small.jpg
symbol7small.jpg
= Key

symbol9small.jpg
does indeed seem to mean "the".

Last edited:
Looking at the word guard on the tablet. Is it possible character #4 is a new one, and not the same as #1? I think #4 looks different from #1.

Edit: All the ancient monuments speak of "The something. The something. Something"

Last edited:
I think that trokth guard ain't same word as guard (verb), but we need the chat logs to be sure.

Edit: btw, I can confirm that kahg is written that way.

Last edited:
I think that trokth guard ain't same word as guard (verb), but we need the chat logs to be sure.

I'll try and visit the mindreaver npc again when I get back from work. When I tried yesterday or day before pyromancer would not let me go past...

That Trokth does look very suspicious. There is probably an error somewhere along the line...

Ah, sorry. I had this Picture:
stone.jpg

View image in gallery

I did a Quick attempt to map it straight to English letters but it didn't go so well.

That Trokth does look very suspicious. There is probably an error somewhere along the line...

One thing that struck my mind when I saw the globes on the monument is if the written texts are written backwards (from right to left). (Oh nevermind it was "trokth").

Maybe "trok" means "guard" (or ´to guard´) , and "trokth" is "the guard"? Imagine if it's same thing with key: xyz=key, xyzth=the key.

As for the tiles on the floor; the 3rd and 5th looks the same, so my guess was first "simym" (or possibly "munyn"or simon), but maybe it's as simple as it means "onard" or something.

Has anyone who's gotten further into the mercimex mission tell if there is more text?

Last edited:
One thing that struck my mind when I saw the globes on the monument is if the written texts are written backwards (from right to left). (Oh nevermind it was "trokth").

I was also thinking it's right to left initially due to how the orbs spin. However if we try right to left we get something like this:
tabletv2.jpg

Now here it doesn't seem to fit because we have the word key appearing twice yet the words for key are completely different.

The word hope also appears twice and that doesn't seem to fit either. This however, could be explained the first occurence of hope could be hope then "something". Then the following line first word could be the then key.

That still doesn't account for why the word "key" would be completely different. It's possible again some kind of context specific but that would make this puzzle even more insanely difficult so I opted for this possibility being unlikely.

Maybe "trok" means "guard" (or ´to guard´) , and "trokth" is "the guard"? Imagine if it's same thing with key: xyz=key, xyzth=the key.
That's entirely possible. Guess we need to explore this possibility as well. I was thinking along this line before but for some reason stopped. Don't remember now why.

I was thinking of another possibility but will take too long to write up...I'll try and see first if it works write it up...

As for the tiles on the floor; the 3rd and 5th looks the same, so my guess was first "simym" (or possibly "munyn"or simon), but maybe it's as simple as it means "onard" or something.

Hehe this is the same kind of reasoning I used when I first saw the tiles and using this logic I managed to get it on my very first attempt :)

Has anyone who's gotten further into the mercimex mission tell if there is more text?

I'm also interested in the mindreaver chat log as well as marcimex chat log. Perhaps they do say something when their missions are completed. Actually highly probably they say something...

There may also be some clue in their initial chat logs when you accept their missions.

tabletv2.jpg

You're all wrong...it says...DRINK...MORE...OVALTINE...PLEASE!

Brick

Back