Devil Doll

Stalker
Banned
Society
The Jaded Crown
King Buzz Buzzo
2005-03-23:

To whom it may concern:

It appears that Decoys are not opperating correctly. When a decoy is dispensed and a monster takes the bait he will immediatly begin attacking you and leave the decoy on your first hit to him. Before the VU a monster that took a decoy would continue attacking the decoy until it expired.

Please let me know what you find and thank you for your help.

DD

2005-04-08 MindArk Support:
Hi,

This is the way decoys originally where design to work, before there where a bug. The creature will stay at the decoy until it dissapear or will be attacked again.

/Regards

And there you have it.

DD
:evilking:

D'oh! I'd like the old bugged decoys better.

I must say I think this is how a decoy ought to operate :girl: Just realistic imo, but then again I realize PE hunting isn't all based on realism ;)

They coulda fixed that bug within 3 years??? lol.

Seeing as I never use decoys and I never really plan to I can't say much on how I think they should work, or should have worked. But I think they really screwed over alot of people by changing the decoys so drastically. It wasn't a bug... the way it works now is a bug turned into a MA feature.
But like I said... I never use them anyways. :) I wouldn't be a happy camper if I did though..

I dunno. It is different for sure but there are a few things to think about.

1) I think it is much more realistic and is how decoys should work in the first place.

2) They still work they just require a different approach. Now instead of dropping the decoy and firing away until the mob chases you. Now you fire until the mob reaches you, drop the docoy and run, fire until the mob reaches you and repeat.

I agree they could have communicated the change better but I do not agree that it is a 'bad' change. I think it just requires a different approach and adaptation.

DD

ok if that is the case what is the real point of even using them. There suppose to keep the mob occupied. If they dont why use them. just my thought. kinda makes them worthless to me. why bother paying for them if they dont really do anything eccept attract the initial charge.

They do keep the mob occupied, until you either shoot it or the decoy expires, thus giving you time to get distance between you and it.

DD

Realism is never a good defence for a change...

I just think if it was "bugged" before they would have said something about it in the 3+ years (going by what others have said) it was like that.

It seems like the're trying to make decoys like how hunting used to be (run/turn/shoot..run/turn/shoot) except now it costs. :rolleyes:

Majority of mobs are easy to tank anyway since new faps is dropping all the time. When I started fap-50 and fap-69 was the best if you couldnt afford adj/imp/mod. I havent used a decoy since I was a n00b anyway so these news dont really affect me :dunce:

Bug - No, it's not a bug. No one leaves a known bug for that long without fixing it. It's just a convenient reply.

realism - how can I miss an atrox at point blank range when it is filling my screen?

knuckles - Can I watch you tank a spider with your mod fap.

Einstein said:
*Selling n00bs: 20pec/piece* :laugh:

:rofl:
love it very funny

Rep+

wanda said:
knuckles - Can I watch you tank a spider with your mod fap.

Yes I can tank a spider but I need a certain type of armor (not shadow :D ) and a mod.fap which I currently dont own but then I demand you pay the armor decay since its gonna be high..really high ;)

Sentinel I guess then?

Back