Deposit Advice: Pills vs H-DNA?

Atrax

Prowler
Mutant Atrax Stalker
Ok so, I deposit mostly through the web shop now.

USUALLY for me it's about cycling some UA rather than paying a straight percentage on depo. I.E. 60 USD = 570 PED or 50 USD = 500 PED UA. I don't mind hunting that much I'll do a cycle and sell my shrap. Sometime I mine it out.

So with that said, what bonus should I collect from the web shop in this current market?

$50 in refill packs gives me 12 Neurobiotic Booster A5 1mg, and 12 H-DNA.

$50 UA pack gives me 10 TT auto-loot pills and 20 H-DNA.

Does anybody actually use H-DNA? I throw a few in my booth but they never sell. For now I take the refill packs for the neurobiotic boosters - I bought a pet for auto-loot and AFAIK nobody seriously even uses H-DNA.

Other than saying "buy keys" does anybody have any advice for maximizing MV when making web shop deposits? Also does anybody use/buy H-DNA? I assume the skill pills are more valuable.

HDna sell for about 20-30 pec each on auction. Personally I think skill pills are more valuable.

I use HDNA all the time. I usually only by classified boxes as you can get plenty of skill pills in there and then i get a few HDNA/ammo packs when I am low.

If you want 50% skill pills buy the platinum pack for 50x 50% skill pills.

While I have been fortunate enough to not have to deposit anymore, I did used to buy thousands of PED a month in webshop packages.
Its been over 2 years since I bought, I have 53 Hdna left out of what was hundreds.
10 h-dna can sell for 20 ped.
They do sell thru shops and even on auction for surprisingly good markup, currently 2181818%

Skill pills be aware that they have a slight hit your return as you convert more ped into skill.
I personally havn't used em in 4-5 years. And I rely on skill sales for monthly withdrawls.

I put my H-DNA on auction last night - at 80 for 20 PED.

Since there's a pile of 100 for 20 PED we'll see how the week goes.

Skill pills be aware that they have a slight hit your return as you convert more ped into skill.

This seems pretty reasonable, and thanks for pointing it out. I'm no hard core skiller. Or anything :LOL:

I have a bunch of these because I literally just forget to take them. I'll keep this in mind and it's not going to be a stress factor for me to remember a skill pill when I'm trying to cycle UA into PED.

There is no evidence or official statement that skill gains are factored into returns.

Eh, quick google fails me. MindArk never said "skills are loot"?

I honestly don't have any info to confirm or deny any of that, heh. It does make sense that a skill pill would actually be adjusting your loot composition, rather than just adding "free skills". MA-style sense anyways.

So many mysteries :LOL:

Definitely gave me a "feels bad man" to read that skill pills might be reducing my returns. I have a ring that includes auto-loot so I might switch to buying the pack that includes auto-loot pills and TT the pills for a couple PED.

Definitely gave me a "feels bad man" to read that skill pills might be reducing my returns.

Clarity on this would be good. I like to "poke the box" but at my levels of play - I'm never going to conclusively prove anything about this.

At high turnover, I can see it would be scary.

Skills don’t have any TT value, so mindark has no problem giving them for “free”. TT value is only obtained when you decay an ESI by the same amount, plus 10%, so it’s actually a net gain to Mindark to give you skills.

Until evidence comes out that skills are part of loot returns I will remain skeptical. And I’ll need better evidence then “I cycled with some pills and my returns are lower than last time”

Crazy how my month of highest tt returns was the month I used the most 100% skill pills. Looks like direct proof that skill pills increase your tt returns.

Crazy how my month of highest tt returns was the month I used the most 100% skill pills. Looks like direct proof that skill pills increase your tt returns.
Your whole Entropia journey is an outlier case. You aren’t suitable for study. 😛

Personally i prefer keys for seasonal boxes, or strongboxes between seasons, because in the long run (hundreds and thosands of boxes) the content of seasonal boxes usually comes with a markup of around 115% and strongboxes still have between 105 to 110% markup.
Sometimes an okay ring drops. In case a good seasonal ring drops, your MU% can explode.
Ring drops not guaranteed.

Rarely i still buy some Refill packages.

(hundreds and thosands of boxes)

For me a normal depo is $100. At this time I might drop another 50 in during a week.

Seasonal strongboxes are a straight no, or an occasional splurge. I bought keys to open my looted boxes, and I tried 2 mining boxes. Melchi and oil, 10 ped TT for 25 PED spent.

I have mad stacks of pet collars, and enough box pets. I don't use any big pills. Best thing I ever got was a rare panda, or a (L) ring, I guess depending on who you ask?

I responded already to someone on another thread saying (basically) it was stupid to deposit any other way - but IMO for small deposits there's very little fun or upside to them. That's just my thoughts on the matter though. If someone enjoys the mechanic, it's perfectly reasonable. And of course someone has to win the lottery.

Back