Design Your Own Playlist

Status

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
designyourownplaylist.jpg

PERSONALIZE THE MUSIC YOU LISTEN TO
DURING YOUR ENTROPIA ACTIVITIES

MindStar Radio (MSR) ... is offering the community an opportunity to get creative with our music programming schedule. Whether you are hosting an event, a soc or group hunt, or other Entropia activities, you now have the option of ...

Creating your own unique music playlist ... individuals, societies, and groups who host events or other EU-related activities for the community now have an opportunity to choose what music they would like their participants to listen to. Is it a high-energy event, a chilled out event, a headbanger event ... whatever the case may be ... the playlist is now yours to get creative with. Design it yourself, or solicit the music tastes of your participants, and add an edge to the experience.

Here’s how it works:

• Contact MS9 or Twitchie as soon as possible
.....before a scheduled activity
• Give a link to any related thread at Entropia Forum
.....if relevant
• The number of songs provided should equal
.....the length of your activity
• If an event/activity is to be covered live on-air,
.....give details​

Advertising ... during a specific EU activity ... there is also the option of providing on-air advertising for yourself or any of your participants if this is an offer that you would like to extend to them. You could even make it part of your event or activity planning, but please keep in mind, that all advertising on MSR is free, and participants should not be assessed a charge for this service. Content of an advertisement is subject to review, and possible editing prior to airing, but always with sign-off by the advertiser.

Scheduling ... there is flexibility in our programming schedule except during weekly DJ shows or ongoing MSR events. However, we will do our best to be as accommodating as possible. When requesting programming space, please give as much detail as possible in your PM to us, and we’ll take it from there.

GET CREATIVE
Add a Unique Music Playlist
to your EU Activities

Last edited:
Oh that sounds like an awesome service :)

I think we'll definitely be looking into that for future usage with our events :cool:

I would like to register a meditation event that lasts for two hours of absolute silence! :wise:

I would like to register a meditation event that lasts for two hours of absolute silence! :wise:

That's just totally cool ... and I know how we can make this happen. Don't tune in for two hours. ;)

That's just totally cool ... and I know how we can make this happen. Don't tune in for two hours. ;)

Or you could play 4'33" by John Cage 27 times :D

I'm sure I will be in touch with you at some point MS9 :)

Or you could play 4'33" by John Cage 27 times :D

I'm sure I will be in touch with you at some point MS9 :)

OMG ... that is just pure brilliance ... and definitely an answer to Jet Black's request. See ... the community comes to the rescue of those in need. Thank you Oleg for helping to support the services offered at MSR. And I thought I would expand on your assistance by actually posting the video for all to enjoy.

[YOUTUBE]hUJagb7hL0E[/YOUTUBE]​

great idea MS and a lot of work on your part depending on how much music you have to search for before the even

please people give MS days notice of what you wish to hear for your event

its a bitch at times finding songs

AMAZING! STAR ROCKS!!

I'm sure you will be hearing from Irkens some time soon! im going to wish you luck but i know you wont need it :)

OMG ... that is just pure brilliance ... and definitely an answer to Jet Black's request. See ... the community comes to the rescue of those in need. Thank you Oleg for helping to support the services offered at MSR. And I thought I would expand on your assistance by actually posting the video for all to enjoy.

[YOUTUBE]hUJagb7hL0E[/YOUTUBE]​

:eek: wow! MSR has an answer to all kinds of requests, I have chosen my number 1 preset radio channel.

Wonderful idea!!

I'll have to put some thought into this.

Glad to see the interest ... I've already gotten some PM's in-world about this new service as well. And just to expand on this a bit more ... there are no other DJ's at the moment, so the schedule is free (except where noted) for the community to fill in with the following ...

* an event with on-air coverage, including unique playlist

* a unique playlist sponsored by an individual, society, or group

* ads for events/services by individuals, societies, or groups

What the above means ... is that it's not necessary to have an event in order to sponsor a unique playlist. Also, at various times throughout the playlist, an advertisement for an upcoming event, or services can be aired to get the word out to the community. This will give members in the community an opportunity to get creative in how they want to showcase themselves and their events or services to Entropia Universe.

The mission ... is to get the community more interactive and knowledgeable with what's available to them, and the mission of MSR is to make the airwaves available in order to help facilitate this effort. MSR is a community service, and no idea is small enough to entertain possibilities, so if you have one of those "aha moments" ... PM me and let's have a chat. And again, these services are all free of charge.

Here's to ... getting in touch and staying in touch, all while we blow the lid off the fun factor. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Outstanding concept

Star,

This is a fantastic idea, just the kinda thing the game needs to add that extra special dimension....the personal touch.

You surely have your finger on the pulse of the community. Congrats and keep up the good work.

Yours,
Me

nice idea.

(Subscribing for future reference)

great idea MS and a lot of work on your part depending on how much music you have to search for before the even

please people give MS days notice of what you wish to hear for your event

its a bitch at times finding songs

Thanks for that Draggger ... it's a valid point for sure, and since we're talking about a full playlist, I'm sure that there will be songs that I won't have in my library, but I have a means to get them if they are indeed easily available, and other resources standing by to assist in this respect if needed.

AMAZING! STAR ROCKS!!

I'm sure you will be hearing from Irkens some time soon! im going to wish you luck but i know you wont need it :)

Thanks Hon ... and I've already had chats with Jeffe who knows that my services are available to Irken Invaders when needed. :D

:eek: wow! MSR has an answer to all kinds of requests, I have chosen my number 1 preset radio channel.

MSR's mission ... is to cater to the community! ;)

Wonderful idea!!

I'll have to put some thought into this.

Thank you ... and for some time, I have enjoyed a friendship with a few Delta Force members, so it would be my pleasure to make MSR available to your needs.

Nice! Subscribing so I can find this thread again when I need it!

Well hello there my friend ... you and Mann MPH Killers have also been special friends, so let me know how I can be of service to your organization.

Star,

This is a fantastic idea, just the kinda thing the game needs to add that extra special dimension....the personal touch.

You surely have your finger on the pulse of the community. Congrats and keep up the good work.

Yours,
Me

My Dear Eol ... we walk the same path of enlightenment, and both embrace the philosophy of selfless giving ... so the "personal touch" for me was inevitable ... but then my evolution in this universe speaks for itself in this respect, and what I do will always be for the community ... pure, simple, and genuine. Thank you for the continued depth in mind-travel that we share ... the discoveries are teaching.

nice idea.

(Subscribing for future reference)

Thanks ... and since we are also FL'd in-world, you can reach me there as well. In the meantime, glad you have subscribed, and ... thank you also for the EFD Award, much appreciated. ;)

All luck to you on this MS9!!! :yay::yay::yay:

I'll be on listening from the start and hopefully will support you with ideas for music and events as well ;)

I'm amazed and impressed with the energy and soul you have to support this comunity with your tallent!!!

Keep it up hon!!!! :)

A radio station for the people, but the people! Woot! The SV will definitely be taking you up on this awesome offer. :yay: Watch out for the Oleg guy though - he favors himself a gansta' rapper. ;)

All luck to you on this MS9!!! :yay::yay::yay:

I'll be on listening from the start and hopefully will support you with ideas for music and events as well ;)

I'm amazed and impressed with the energy and soul you have to support this comunity with your tallent!!!

Keep it up hon!!!! :)

YEAH :yay: ... you've always been a cool friend my dear, so I look forward to getting involved ... I'm sure there are things we could do to get into trouble. :D I'm SO looking forward to working with the community and making MSR available to support their efforts ... I love to see people succeed, and if there's anything I can do to help in that effort, then I'm on it. Catch up with you soon for sure. ;)

A radio station for the people, but the people! Woot! The SV will definitely be taking you up on this awesome offer. :yay: Watch out for the Oleg guy though - he favors himself a gansta' rapper. ;)

Hello MrTwitchieMan ... and yes indeed ... MSR will be a service for the community, and one available to help promote a broader connection between us all. I'm looking forward to giving the community an opportunity to truly get involved at a different level with regard to broadcasting who they are and what they do as an individual, a society, or an organization. I have some plans up my sleeve, but don't want to give it away just yet. ;)

Oh, and ... if Oleg Gansta is a new form of rap, then I'm gonna air it. :wtg: I want the talent in this community to come out of the virtual woodwork, and I will use every resource available to make that happen. ;)

B-U-M-P ... and an FYI to start getting your playlists ready, because 711 has given birth to MindStar Radio, and it would be cool to have sponsored playlists ... like ... "The following 2 hours of music are being brought to you by (fill in the individual, soc, group name)" ... and ... during that 2 hours, you could have intermittent advertisements about your services (hunting, fapping, event planning, whatever), or announcement about an upcoming event ... get creative. Just PM me and we can chat about it, as well as make sure that we get those advertisements created ... and in your own voice if you like. :D

Awesome idea lady. Hope to have use of it at some time! :) :wtg:

B-U-M-P ... consider creating a unique playlist of music for your events, or just sponsor an hour or two or three with the kind of music that you and your soc or group of friends want to listen to. Take advantage of advertising your events and services with your own unique playlist ... get the word out ... promote your events and services while adding an edge to everyone's listening pleasure. :wtg:

what a great idea!
does it have to be an official event for everyone?

what a great idea!
does it have to be an official event for everyone?

Hello my friend ... and no, it doesn't have to be an official event at all. A person, soc, or group can sponsor a period of time on air with their own specially designed playlist of music. And included in that playlist, they can advertise an upcoming event, or a service to get the word out to the community. We want to make MSR an interactive community radio station.

What's required ... is that full titles and artists names be given on a list, with the songs equaling the period of time to be sponsored on air. We will then create the playlist with the songs and play the music for the designated period of time requested. What this does as well, is give us an opportunity to get the music in our libraries so that at future MSR shows, we have the community's music readily available to more efficiently handle requests during DJ shows and other special events.

Also ... we would like to give the community an opportunity to create their own voice advertisements for events and services to air with their unique music playlist. Our goal is to get the community more connected, and more knowledgeable about what's available, as well as what's happening around Calypso, all while enjoying the kind of music they want to listen to. We will still have our usual DJ themed shows of course, but extending this offer to the community will help to also bring more unique content into the mix for those in between times.

I hope this helps ... and if anyone is interested in participating in this type of programming, then send me a PM and we'll go from there. :wtg:

Great tracks on your channel! Just heard this one, laughed hard!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnS2xixCMCU&feature=PlayList&p=A361AC9F8EABBC65&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=54[/YOUTUBE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

i cant seem to go wrong letting genius pick for me , occasionally i dont like it`s selection from my library , but it is usually spot on :)

Status
Back