DESKTOP ICONS Bugged

jaywalker

Stalker
Society
-TAO-
Juniper Jaywalker Jones
Anybody know what's going on here?

I was experiencing a few probs with my graphics , so I re-installed my graphics card driver. I also tried changing graphics mode several times , clearing shader cache each tiime and checking "detect new settings". I've yet to get my screen resolution back to how it was (I forget what I had it on, will just have to experiment) but that's clearly not the issue. This damned problem persists whatever I do:

bugged_graphics.jpg

View image in gallery

I've tried creating new icons to replace the bugged ones, but all new icons have the same bug.

jay :)

Also tried Repair Install?

Nope. Repair installation didn't fix either :(

Somebody said it's a server-side problem, but surely others would have same bug, if so? :scratch2:

I've yet to get my screen resolution back to how it was (I forget what I had it on, will just have to experiment) but that's clearly not the issue.

Hmm, who knows, might be it as well ;). Do you have some screenshots? You could see resolution there.

Not sure if it will have any effect, but you could try to hide and then show again all icons - there is action for that, forgot exact name cause I have it key binded and not in game atm.

noticed that it's all the tool and wep icons that are bugged. Action icons are OK

I have seen a similar thing when I change from Low Res to Medium Res (or any other Res, actually) in the graphics settings. It takes a short while for the icons to be redrawn.

But it has never stayed with blank buttons like your screen shot.

Maybe try the option "clear shader settings" (I think that is what it is called - doing this from memory while at work !) in the client loader screen.

I have seen a similar thing when I change from Low Res to Medium Res (or any other Res, actually) in the graphics settings. It takes a short while for the icons to be redrawn.

But it has never stayed with blank buttons like your screen shot.

Maybe try the option "clear shader settings" (I think that is what it is called - doing this from memory while at work !) in the client loader screen.

I did that multiple times.

However, had just decided to send screenie to support when my client crashed. On re-logging, the icons were back! (had previously re-logged multiple times as well)

You should try to delete all icons, relog, start to rebuild your UI. Don't replace your icons via drag&drop, because if is a server-side problem (and most likely it is, the icons are stored on servers, not on client), what is bugged is the "placeholder" for respective icon, so to say.

I imagine it will be a tad annoying to put all those icons back, but I think that's the safest way.

Back