Detailed Skills vs Experience study

Hellfire

Prowler
Thamior Hellfire Dragon Slayer
I have been collecting some data from skills chips since the change in VU 8.7 to try and work out the relationship between skills and experience, see my results below, and i'll update every so often :)

UPDATE 2: 345 Different TT skill chips checked
Hopefully i'll be able to get a lot more higher TT values soon :)

UPDATE 2: 733 Different TT skill chips checked!!

Click here to see the data and the graphs

or just look at the pretty graphs :)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Last edited:
i dont realy understand how to price a chip...
if lets say u pack a chip with 1.9k rifle (full old chip?)
old price ~ 260ped
what will be the price and tt of the new chips with the same amount of skills in it...

if i got a tt: 300ped esi and fill it with 1.9k rifle will it clone and ill have one 1 full att some tt and.... aaargh

i donno what im doing please explain if u know

Well if an old full rifle chip (0.99 ped) was worth 260 ped

then

a new 9.99 ped rifle chip is also worth 260 ped as it is the same amount of skills

a 20 ped chip is worth 520 ped
a 30 ped chip is worth 780 ped
a 100 ped chip is worth 2600

etc.

somone correct me if im wrong :D

yep, so to set price you can use this formula:
filled chip tt/9.99(pre-vu full skillimplant) x price of a full pre-vu skill implant

example:
I have a 11.65 tt rifle skill...so
11.65/9,99 x 260 =303 peds

and second:

4.32 riffle skill too
4.32/9.99 x 260 =112 peds

Is it correct??

It makes sense to talk about it in %

if a 10 ped chip is worth 260 ped then we can just say that rifle skills are worth 2600%

ie 2600% of 4.32 = 112.32 like level said

ok this make sense the new price on rifle is 2600%

but if my chip is worth 100ped tt
and i fill it upp with 10ped tt will i get one 10ped tt chip full with rifle
and one emty worth 90ped
ore is all these worth 0ped when empty

starting to get it

Hmm i think i read the new uber ESI will hold 10k skills and has 1250 ped TT value? or is that more if there is 10K skills in it?
What i understand is that that used to be 110 old ESI or so.
So i think the linear price approach to the new ESI's you are stating is wrong.
Could be wrong though.

Cheers
Richard
(ingame Siam)

MA has added a fourth dimension in ESI chips. If they would have delayed that, we would have cracked the simple 3 dimensions system available before (by several ways too). So good luck with that!

Graph looks cool, nice curves :D

Where is rattex when you need him!
;0

Well, lets say you have a chip that holds 3k skills, but put 1900 in, where 260 is the old way that chip would be 260 + the tt - .99. obviously its in your/our best interest to find a chip that comes closest in capacity to the skill amount u need to chip out.

We know 1250tt = 10600 skill , I assume ( havnt actually checked) a 12.5tt chip (my old empty esis are now 12.5) holds 1900, the curve in between will become more specific once we get more chips of varying tt's to test with.

seem to remember reading somewhere here that around 100 chips the old way got 10k too, so theoretically we already have the data of how many chips for what skill.....which turns into how much tt (total old chips x 12.5) for that same skill gain or loss.

example an old skill calc on serendipity was 3279...said 3.03 chips needed to chip out. so 12.5 x 3.03 = 37.88

to chip out 3279 skill to max effeciency, you would need a 37.88tt chip.
5878 skill took 17.91 chips = now one 233.88 tt chip ect

Last edited:
Thanks. But, Hellfire, you seem to be using the term that a chip will "hold" this or that much both for extracting and inserting skills. Sure Stryker could put this or that much skill onto the chip but how much can he take out again (~90% yes I know but we don't know how much that is in levels - and I know you know it lol). Still, you also claim a chip at 10ped (9,999... or an old full ESI will hold 1882 levels - but wouldn't it rather hold (extractable) 2000 levels and contain (insertable) 1882 levels?

I mean.. :eek: :confused:

Ahh sorry for the confusion, what I mean is that a 10 ped chip will hold 1882 levels, which is close to 2000 levels before the 10% loss, for the purpose of the study it is better for me to look at how many skills a chip will actually hold, if you understand what i mean :)

EDIT:

It's incorrect to say that a 10 ped chip holds 2000 levels as the levels are lost

A 10 ped chip holds 1882 levels but takes 2000 levels to fill

Last edited:
Hellfire said:
Ahh sorry for the confusion, what I mean is that a 10 ped chip will hold 1882 levels, which is close to 2000 levels before the 10% loss, for the purpose of the study it is better for me to look at how many skills a chip will actually hold, if you understand what i mean :)

EDIT:

It's incorrect to say that a 10 ped chip holds 2000 levels as the levels are lost

A 10 ped chip holds 1882 levels but takes 2000 levels to fill

So in other words you have no idea how much a full TT ESI will hold as it has not been filled and verified by someone with lvl=1 in that skill, yet. :cool:

Edit: Added what you edited :dunce:

Bump, update 1 finished

Find it in the first post

Comments are awesome ;)

Update 2

Everything is in the first post :)

I just realised that there are 125000 possible TT values :laugh:

Hellfire said:
Update 2

Everything is in the first post :)

I just realised that there are 125000 possible TT values :laugh:

I thought we had concluded that a chip will loose ~10% when extracted. (11,24 from 12,5ped and so on.)
Assuming that MA will not let us loose <10% then there are 112500 possible TT values, right? :)

388 skill chips just added, the 0-2000 graph is looking sweet and the 0-infinity graph shows just how hard it is to skill on higher levels

Hey Hell,

could you please Detail out the Area around 2,50 Ped Value of Chip,
since this is exactly how much you can transfer from a standard 12,50 esi and still get a 10 pedder back for further extraction.

By simple looking at chips and head calculations i found out 650 Levels should be no problem, but your charts state more than 750 lvls.

1) Is there any way we can help by submitting info in a certain format?

2) Would it be possible to create a dynamic webpage with the gathered data so you can "zoom" into any specific area and see skill slowdowns better?

Oh and btw. +rep for your work!

As requested by valion here is a graph from 2 ped to 3 ped

EyeContact said:
1) Is there any way we can help by submitting info in a certain format?

2) Would it be possible to create a dynamic webpage with the gathered data so you can "zoom" into any specific area and see skill slowdowns better?

Oh and btw. +rep for your work!

1. For the moment it's easier if I collect the data myself because then i can guarantee that its all 100% correct, maybe i'll make a way for people to submit data in the future

2. Thats something i'd really love to do and i've got webspace available I just don't really know how to do it :confused:

I'd love it if somone could help me make a cool web based interface

Back