- Sep 1, 2005
- Trigger Happy
- Avatar Name
- Rafaele Meiersos Rocko
I fully understand the complaints of why the iron missions need to be removed and that they can't be converted (my point still stands that they can't be converted, not even by a roughly averaged compensation value or multiplier or whatever you want to call it). However, that discussion was finished last year.
Let's look at it from another angle:
I'm with messi on this. I don't want to sound rude, but if you start to complain a handful of weeks before the iron missions are removed (fixed date or not), you certainly have done something wrong for an entire year. In those last days before they are removed you should be working on less important missions that are just nice to have.
- MA announced that iron missions will be removed in one month
- at this very point in time alarm bells should have rung in each and everyone's ears, that something will be removed and something needs to be done by everyone who calls himself/herself a player interested in Entropia Universe
- outcry of community
- MA extended that period to (roughly) a year (fixed date or not)
- continuing with the bold part above: everyone's obligation was to answer these questions:
- how important is the avatar in Entropia Universe to me? (as in: does that ruin everything and I want to quit?)
- how much time per week will I be having for the next year? (undoubtedly the toughest question as nobody can predict the future, but it can be done in a range)
- which iron missions do I have running?
- what's my progress on them? (absolute and relative)
- what's the reward for the missions?
- which of those rewards are most important to me as far as my goals in EU are concerned?
- which of those missions have important rewards, but are too hard/costly/time taking compared to others?
- now order the missions from most important to least important
- try to set dates as milestones where you want to be with the missions at certain dates
- get going and work on them one by one. Don't fool around here, you do know what's at stake.
- regularly check your progress in your planned progress
I finished what I wanted to finish and I have no iron missions running any more.
I totally agree and I did exactly what you did but with so many 10k Kill or 60k KP, Bronce and Silver open I had already sorted out all missions I had below 10% and concentrated on the ones giving Attributes like Stamina and gained more than 12 level in them.
But im still pissed of they I could not finish the 10k Evis or the 60k Trooper or the Feffox or the Kreltin .... many thousands of kills I made and cant earn the once envisoned skill gains.
But as Evey said the good thing is you once again can concentrate on the mobs MA meant you to hunt and not the ones you needed to finish the mission and the incentive to deposit went down exponenctially because there is no more need to rush and finish irons befor removal of said missions.