Dev Notes #20 - Mission System

I’m sure I have many other questions that the rest of you have asked; I’ll leave those alone.

Silly question: what is the plan in regards to those who want to complete their Daspletor mission before the change? I’m only a few thousand away but the spawn is not sufficient to complete it with any reasonable speed.

I really think its time to do something with the daspletor spawn. Its a shame if you have 2-3/5k and no spawn. Maybe its time to increase the min mobs from 3 to 10 or something.

I’m sure I have many other questions that the rest of you have asked; I’ll leave those alone.

Silly question: what is the plan in regards to those who want to complete their Daspletor mission before the change? I’m only a few thousand away but the spawn is not sufficient to complete it with any reasonable speed.

Was asked ;)

Jenna, as you might remember last time they did a mission re-balance they made weekly spawns of hard to find mission mobs on caly. Today mobs like Daspletor and Hispidus come to mind but I'm sure there are many others.

After the Fen event when many were stuck with tokens that could buy nothing but way over priced pills I'm getting fed up. Like it would have been difficult to reload a few (L) chips of this or that.

Where is the guy who designed this .. I could care less about any newbie who loses his money in pvp.

If one read that thread it was all but the definition of a Psychopath.

Be friendly, be true.

Edit: It was not after the Fen event, it was during the Fen event.

Last edited:
The whole space thing was/is a complete fiasco because of pvp.

The whole space thing was/is a complete fiasco because of pvp.

Maybe if planet partners were working together and players traded freely like in many of our economies things would have been better. They still can be.

Was asked ;)

I read a lot but missed it, thanks!

Jenna, as you might remember last time they did a mission re-balance they made weekly spawns of hard to find mission mobs on caly. Today mobs like Daspletor and Hispidus come to mind but I'm sure there are many others.

Pretty much what I was hinting at and hoping for.

I do think the change is good; I also think it fucks people over. I’m sure there is a fair compromise and hope MA will strive for it. I’m going to stay positive and hope...

My guess is , you're fucked.

Or stay on foma and kill 10 per day.
365x 10

I have one last question MA?

I skilled hard for every attribute I have.

After the rock robocall mess you stated every attribute would be removed. Was that done?

We all know it was not.

/////////////////////////////////

Was that a mistake?

Now you want to deny me earning legit attribute points by ending me my earned progression.

Last edited:
Dennis would it be possible to have the opening post edited to reflect what was in post #165?

Agree :)

This should be done always, so many other threads with MA answerers in later posts.:wise:

Front page even have Categories for easy finds, really never used, last in dev notes is from 2016 :scratch2:

Anybody knows what the reward for "Kill Dread 10 times" mission is please?

I am asking because I killed Dread 8/10 times in the past 2 years and now it seems that my progress will be lost : (.

Anybody knows what the reward for "Kill Dread 10 times" mission is please?

I am asking because I killed Dread 8/10 times in the past 2 years and now it seems that my progress will be lost : (.

I think it only affects iron-like missions (so, iron, IFN, etc.). Let's just hope MA doesn't mess the other missions when they implement it

I could use an official clarification whether this change affects mining missions or not.

I have a question: What will happen with missions that are not designed like iron mission, the story line quests?

I have one last question MA?

I skilled hard for every attribute I have.

After the rock robocall mess you stated every attribute would be removed. Was that done?

We all know it was not.

They were.

If management at MA have any kind of feeling for tactics they should release the
armor update *before* the new mission system comes.

If management at MA have any kind of feeling for tactics they should release the

what armor update ... are you fucking serious? :laugh:

PS: of course he is. some people actually got a brain that can rememberz ... bwhoohoho

I don't know about the word 'any' being accurate, but it's a very interesting comment and link to make on two areas of development that MA may not have thought about in as much detail as would be expected of good 'developers' in terms of their roadmap.

I assume you are thinking that an armour update with skill level requirements will toughen the hunting process, and should thus come before an entirely new mission system starts. However, teams will be integrated much more into the new mission progress, as well as even scanning, according to what we have read. Thus, the armour you use may not be so crucial as before in what missions you will be able to take part in anyway, and things will stay balanced.

Without enough knowledge I'm going to chance it and say the two systems do not really require one before the other, but I applaud your boldness of such a statement. If you mean something more complicated then please do explain.

I don't know about the word 'any' being accurate, but it's a very interesting comment and link to make on two areas of development that MA may not have thought about in as much detail as would be expected of good 'developers' in terms of their roadmap.

I assume you are thinking that an armour update with skill level requirements will toughen the hunting process, and should thus come before an entirely new mission system starts. However, teams will be integrated much more into the new mission progress, as well as even scanning, according to what we have read. Thus, the armour you use may not be so crucial as before in what missions you will be able to take part in anyway, and things will stay balanced.

Without enough knowledge I'm going to chance it and say the two systems do not really require one before the other, but I applaud your boldness of such a statement. If you mean something more complicated then please do explain.

Quite the oposite, it would do grinding far more effective if armor last longer for those who have
requirements to use new feature for UL armor. For the rest it will be the same as today.
If you can grind way longer it will also make it at least a bit more interesting to finish some extra missions.

Quite the oposite, it would do grinding far more effective if armor last longer for those who have
requirements to use new feature for UL armor. For the rest it will be the same as today.
If you can grind way longer it will also make it at least a bit more interesting to finish some extra missions.

:wise::offtopic: We talk about new mission system here.

No it isn't. The point was the introduction of the new mission system relative in time to something else, that something else being armour changes. I asked for more clarification of what he meant - and got it, ty Joat. Sure the discussion can move on, but this has been a branch of the right tree - and I wish people would think more broadly about things, implications etc more often.

edit - lol - parallel comment by Joat - I still don't think it is off-topic :)

No it isn't. The point was the introduction of the new mission system relative in time to something else, that something else being armour changes. I asked for more clarification of what he meant - and got it, ty Joat. Sure the discussion can move on, but this has been a branch of the right tree - and I wish people would think more broadly about things, implications etc more often.

edit - lol - parallel comment by Joat - I still don't think it is off-topic :)

How ever, not my point of view :)

So i guess calypso missions like the calypso bone sample mission will remain the same ? its only missions that count kills/killpoints that get changed - right ?

I'm too lazy to read the 30 pages.

Has MA said anything since opening post ?

I read it all, it's not hard. It's fun.

Is MA low on cash or what? Seems like they try to get people in panic so they depo and try to finish missions. :D
There are some end missions I will not be able to finish, total waste of depo I guess. No way I will depo more
just to see that only were able to finish 95%... :D :silly2:
To be a bit more serious: As mentioned earlier, why not code it so we get reward based on per cent finished?

I agree 100% and especially liked the last part you wrote.

due to this planned change I have decided to dedicate myself to only one mission: gathering sweat. At least until it makes sense to do something else. Maybe it’s time for that vacation.

Back