Developer Notes #11 - Loot 2.0

the overwhelming positivity in this thread is absolutely mind-boggling.. MA needs to take note and realize they've struck a key with players here..

I don't see any mentions of mining or crafting.. but not much you can do with mining.. crafting still needs an overhaul.

but seriously.. the happiness in this thread is unlike anything I've ever seen on PCF.

I hope adding the new gear, weapons in particular, will be done gently, with an eye on the majority of hunters that have invested already in UL weapons. It would be a very bad move to have to throw everything into the trash to have to get other stuff.

Adding new ULs in loot should be done based on a number of players (active/new acts/acts that reach a certain level).

I hope you have something good in store for crafting too, so mining can also take off. Remove nano cubes from TT.

Settle Down People

Mindark is not going to reduce their revenues. Whatever they give with one hand will probably be taken away with their many many other hands that "balance" the system.

most stuff sounds really good, but as usual the advertisment looks better then the final result

[*]A special hunting bonus pool will be implemented that will distribute funds from various sources, including skill misses, PVP, marketing and special events, which will improve overall loot returns for all participants.

No way in hell I believe in this, I learned to much about how MA works in last 10 years and that wasnt "they like to share their profits without selling something" :laugh:
Usually loot were worse after each "improvement" but hey they may have gotten back some hunters back for a while each time

Mindark is not going to reduce their revenues. Whatever they give with one hand will probably be taken away with their many many other hands that "balance" the system.

No one is thinking that. No one that knows a bit about the game and has a little brain...

I think i read one line, and was in an awe until i realised it is still mindark that runs the game and they arent really famous for "not" cocking up things. but man am i hoping it is as good as it sounds.

but seriously.. the happiness in this thread is unlike anything I've ever seen on PCF.

Seriously? You can go back and look at just about every post from MA or an MA employee and see it is full of fawning fanbois slobbering the MA knob :laugh:

interesting update,
maybe for the first time hence of 2006, seriously interested of tracking kill costs,decays,etc etc..
13 full ul armor sets waiting :eyecrazy:

Seriously? You can go back and look at just about every post from MA or an MA employee and see it is full of fawning fanbois slobbering the MA knob :laugh:

Hear, hear!

If there will be more loot for 98% guess where that money will come from.

With MA's track record on brainstorming ways to squeeze its community, you all are in for a huge disappointment.

Sounds good.

I'm guessing ammo will be replaced by shrapnel.

Current high end weapons will lose value.

MA will release new stuff to bring in new waves of deposits

Just guessing...

Yeah, but this thread doesn't have a negative post (or three) to offset each fanboi post that other threads normally have.

Thank you MA, this might make hunting way less boring..
Wondering what you'll replace ammo with.

Replace it with nanocubes, take nanocubes out of the TT

Well I guess I won't sell my armor after all.

Thanks you MA for working hard. Us true players have stuck with you for a long time and now its was all worth it.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly as planned.

May Lootius bless you!!!

Replace it with nanocubes, take nanocubes out of the TT

Before the recent updates and fore coming changes... I would've said no way in hell this will happen. Now they might just fix ep4... maybe just a little

How will current items be affected?

I guess my biggest concern is how this will affect the gear I have invested in so far, if the system changes from DPP to this new 1-100 system, will my high dpp items still retain their advantage?

Would like more information, I bet some people are concerned how this affects their thousands of dollars of investment in high DPP items lol.

Reactions: Mac
I like what I see in Dev Notes 11.

I think that if implementation goes well this can provide a lot of good things.

Fixing loot problems, and making it truly dynamic will help aid with player retention.

It appears that armor will become more efficient and increase in functionality for those with high enough skills. Also it maintains existing functionality for those who don't have the new skill requirement which is very important because a lot of us wont. It will add a whole new profession. All of that sounds great and should give people additional reasons to buy unlimited armors.

But I also have some concerns...

Some of the other changes will affect market values of other items. There will be winners and losers and that should be considered and balanced. Existing items need to continue to be relevant in the new system.

I'd recommend that these changes be implemented in conjunction with a marketing campaign. Its an opportunity to bring back previous players, attract new players, and lubricate the player-to-player economy.

If you are looking for ideas...

There are other things can be done to lubricate the player-to-player economy as well as create new revenue points. For example, add a new tab at the auctioneer next to Offers and Orders titled Shops. In it allow anyone at the auctioneer to view all of the items listed for sale on that planet in any shop or shopkeeper. For a 1 PED transfer fee, I could buy the item right there and it instantly drops in my carried inventory. Otherwise for .50 PED I could purchase a waypoint to the item and go there to buy it. Since the auctioneer is by far the best way to get an item in front of a lot of people, the owner of the shop or shopkeeper would pay a .50 PED fee to cause the item to be visible in the auctioneer. As long as shopkeepers and not just shops have this ability, then the functionality and demand for all types of estates would increase. If we can view items that are for sale in shops on other planets through the auctioneer, it would give people an additional reason to travel, which supports space.

Also, why don't we have portable methods to view and interact with the auction from anywhere on the planet? Currently we have to stop cycling PEDs in order to interact with the auction. Why can't I loot an item, an ESI for example, and then immediately list it on auction? If that item sells while I'm hunting, I'll be more likely to use my portable Trade Terminal and my Portable Repair Terminal in order to hunt longer. Please introduce Portable Auctioneer (L). Not only will it help PEDs move through the game but it will create a new decay point and also supports mining and crafting. Also, introducing unlimited terminals could supplement hunting and event loots. It would be great if I could browse the auction and buy items while grinding it out hunting or mining. The transaction would cost me a few PEC in decay on the Portable Auctioneer and I could collect the item from storage later or have the option pay to .50 PED additional decay and have the item instantly delivered into my carried inventory. I'd pay that .50 PED just because I'm too lazy to walk from my apartment to the auctioneer.

Last edited:
At last it seems that high skills will be worth something .. other than high HP :yay:

Welcome back. I think you want a Portable Auctioneer (PA) there. :)

Also, why don't we have portable methods to view and interact with the auction from anywhere on the planet? Currently we have to stop cycling PEDs in order to interact with the auction. Why can't I loot an item, an ESI for example, and then immediately list it on auction? If that item sells while I'm hunting, I'll be more likely to use my portable Trade Terminal and my Portable Repair Terminal in order to hunt longer. Please introduce Portable Auctioneer (L). Not only will it help PEDs move through the game but it will create a new decay point and also supports mining and crafting. Also, introducing unlimited terminals could supplement hunting and event loots. It would be great if I could browse the auction and buy items while grinding it out hunting or mining. The transaction would cost me a few PEC in decay on the Portable Auctioneer and I could collect the item from storage later or have the option pay to .50 PED additional decay and have the item instantly delivered into my carried inventory. I'd pay that .50 PED just because I'm too lazy to walk from my apartment to the auctioneer.

Still waiting...

Still waiting...

For mining.... and or crafting update. Either one would do. I'm not picky... really... just... something...

Anything....

x.X

wow this seriously gives me mixed feelings.

if I can't use my gremlin properly, or my opalo, I'm going to be pissed.

I played a long time. I'm already not a hunting grinder, but sometimes I go out all eco and kill a couple hours just grinding easy stuff, and sometimes I like to throw on some "big boy toys" and go splurge a little.

Honestly I can see this forcing things into a channel like so many other MMO where you just have to do EXACTLY the right thing or you're penalized into uselessness. It's not cool if there's only one level of armor you can use 'properly' so you need to get new armor every 5 - 10 levels and new weapons as well to keep up, in an RCE.

it's alos not going to be cheap if every other level (for instance) 20 - 25 hunter on the planet needs exactly the same amor that you do, and will also have to dump it in a few levels when you do.

I'm ok with realizing that there's a little cost to inefficiency but throw the words "penalized in loot' on there and basically, this could be the update that ensures I quit trying to hunt. Since crafting and mining are in such shape, not sure about this at all.

I don't know, I feel like I'm often positive about the game and I'm surprised to see so much positivity here, when I'm absolutely in shock and very concerned that this will turn entropia into the same cookie cutter grinding game as any other cheap MMO, but with the added 'spice' of RCE and decay where +100% returns to move you along the required upgrade chain cannot possibly be sustained.

Also many of the 'secrets' and 'tricks' of EU (like loot waves) are equally available to all players who take the time to understand them. Not so when you are 'penalized' to sustain the improved loot for the few that can afford endless grinding to develop the new (required) skills ahead of the curve.

It sounds like with the new professions and specialties and various penalties it might finally be what so many have hoped, that an uber bankroll can skill to the point where regular grinding is profitable, on the backs of all the midlevel depositors.

I guess I would say I'm cautiously pessimistic at this announcement. I hope for the best, but will prepare to get screwed.

:confused:

Its a make it or break it. The "extra" loot, the armor update, the skill being counted into loot, the overhaul of the fkd up wave system... all promotes more turnover... finally. If armor decay decreased by the factor of 5... i might just go n shoot bigass mobs that i wouldnt before because of extreme defense cost
Now if only MU would return to hunt...
Interesting times ahead, and migra is just around the corner too... curious about new/removed wave system with ELM in loot

HOLY CRAP the actual one thing that I care about they will improve (or fix)
YES
yes

AMEN!!

Might be good changes. Reducing armor decay.. more transparent about people using garbage weapons or unmaxed weapons.. additional revenue streams pumping into loot (though this was tried and abandoned), more emphasis on eco and efficiency.. although much of these notes just clears the air about all the loot theories and speculation.. much of what is said is already how the system works today.

Hopefully makes the system less volatile.

Back