Developer-Notes--3

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
[h=3]Developer Notes #3[/h] This Entropia Universe Buzz article is part of a new series of Developer Notes where the development team at MindArk will share various tips and bits of information about Entropia Universe with our participants. Some Developer Notes will address important issues that we have noticed being discussed on community forums, while others will be prompted by feedback and questions received via support cases. Our goal with the Developer Notes series is to help participants better understand MindArk’s goals for Entropia Universe, and hopefully correct several misconceptions that have arisen within the community that we feel might help participants make more informed decisions for their avatars. We hope that you find the Developer Notes article series interesting and informative.

Hunting Efficiency Examined - The last Developer Notes article sought to stress the importance of efficiency in Entropia Universe, but did not provide a clear definition of what is meant by the term efficiency. We would like to offer a bit more insight for the benefit of the community, and in this article will focus on ways to become more efficient in Entropia Universe’s most popular profession, hunting. Efficiency tips for the mining and manufacturing professions will be covered in a future article.

Efficiency in hunting has several components, the most vital of which is Hit Ability (sometimes abbreviated as HA). Hit Ability is a measure of how accurate you avatar is with a weapon. You can view your avatar’s Hit Ability on a weapon by right-clicking on the weapon and viewing the item’s information panel. Based on your avatar’s skills and the requirements for the particular weapon, a number between 0.0 and 10.0 will be calculated and displayed. The single most important effort a hunter can make in becoming more efficient in his or her hunting activities is to always use weapons which are “maxed” -- weapons with which your avatar has 10.0 Hit Ability. The importance of this cannot be stressed strongly enough.

A second and very important part of efficient hunting is to consider the relative cost of using a particular weapon, often referred to as weapon economy, usually measured as damage per PEC. This measures how efficiently, in terms of weapon decay and ammo consumption, a weapon produces each point of damage. An avatar will enjoy much better overall hunting results over time when using weapons with higher damage per pec. Many community websites, such as www.entropiawiki.com, offer detailed statistics on the economy of nearly all the various weapons available in Entropia Universe. The MindArk development team is also considering including more detailed economy statistics on the item information panel in an upcoming release to improve the availability of such information.

Another important part of hunting efficiently is making sure that your avatar has achieved the full damage capability of the weapon being used. Like Hit Ability, damage capability is calculated based on the avatar’s skills and the weapon’s requirements, and is shown in the format Actual_Damage / Maximum_Damage on the item information panel. For example: 10.0-20.0 / 10.0-20.0. To be the most efficient as possible, make sure to hunt with weapons on which your avatar has reached the weapon’s maximum damage potential.

Finally, be sure to hunt creatures within your avatar's skill level. Creatures within Entropia Universe are designed with avatars of varying skill levels and equipment in mind, and each creature type has different attack speeds, regeneration rates, hit probabilities and damage potential. It is a good idea to avoid excessive armor decay and healing costs when trying to hunt as efficiently as possible.

One of the wonderful things about Entropia Universe is its very knowledgeable and helpful community of participants. There is a wealth of information available to newcomers and veterans alike on the various Entropia Universe community websites and forums, and participants are encouraged to seek out the accumulated wisdom and tutorials available there. There are also many helpful mentors and societies that can be found in major cities on each planet, or contacted through the Mentor Register and Society Terminals.

We hope that this article has provided some valuable tips for your future hunting expeditions.
Happy hunting!

Originally Posted Here

not really anything new

Been doing this ever since (L) items came out but you still need to be lucky to hit somthing big.

Being eco don't mean play free

The MindArk development team is also considering including more detailed economy statistics on the item information panel in an upcoming release to improve the availability of such information.

This is good news :)

Brace yourselves, huge posting is coming!:wise:

[h=3]Developer Notes #3[/h]

Would it not have been great if you would have covered mining/crafting as well or is efficiency applicable to hunting alone?

That said a lot of urban myths are gonna go for a stroll :)

:eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:
That are all unheard things-who would have known that untill they posted it:scratch2:
Have u ever played your game at that "efficient" level?:dunce:

I wonder how many people will refuse to believe these notes. :eyecrazy:

Would it not have been great if you would have covered mining/crafting as well or is efficiency applicable to hunting alone?

Crafting: craft with limited blueprints you have maxed, or with qr 100 blueprints

Mining: check decay of extractors/refiners on entropedia, and range on finders

[h=3]Developer Notes #3[/h] The single most important effort a hunter can make in becoming more efficient in his or her hunting activities is to always use weapons which are “maxed” -- weapons with which your avatar has 10.0 Hit Ability. The importance of this cannot be stressed strongly enough.

Happy hunting!

oh boy, now i'm going to have to keep playing exactly the way i have been all these years because i read this forum and followed the good advice here, im not happy at all with the latest developer notes! :p

I believed them on dev notes 2. That's why I just took a mod lr32 and a204 for bo last week :yay:

Hah. Did I post today saying this was not likely before August? My forum luck is just as good as in game luck! :laugh:

Might be old news, might be how a lot of us have been hunting for a long time, but still, good to see this in official print. Also, getting an eco field in item description might remove the need for a lot of fruit tests (these were fun in a way) but having this will make people's lives easier, so is good.

This one were very informative, thnx for that MA. :)

No big surprises for me here, although its good to get some official confirmation of using maxed equipment where possible. Good stuff :thumbup:

Great loot will always suck for me then...If i switch to a non-sib i will loose even more :)

Well that is stating the obvious unlike previous dev notes. However following that road kinda leads only to the tt return improvement. What I consider far more important to do well is the MU. Ofc they can't tell hunt this for good MU since the MU would be gone in a day. However mentioning UL items as a good way to avoid MU expenses would've been nice. he he

love how this dev note, and support in general always suggest asking the community about questions they don't want to answer directly... As noted in a thread just a few days back, Entropedia, just like any other end user forum, database, etc. can be corrupted with bad info... and (despite if it was 711's direct fault) or not a few years back, forums such as this one right here can and have infested community users with virii, etc. Mindark is almost begging for that sort of thing to happen. It's not bad enough that you can get robbed in game if you are not super uber careful, following some unwritten rules that Mindark just wants you to use without telling you what those rules are, etc. (go ask the community, maybe they can give you a red list, black list or some other discriminatory list of who to trade with and what items to buy that are worth buying,etc.), they want you to actually put your computer at risk by visiting as many community sites as you can to become 'well informed'...because no real world scammer, identity thief, etc. would ever think of doing something like copying a wiki and putting it on their own scam site that can steal your account,etc. Might not have happend much yet (even though it likely has in a few cased), but over time become a bigger and bigger problem...

Mindark wants the blind to lead the blind so that they can pad their pockets as the assumptions lead folks to buying more and more stuff they don't need and should not want but do want because the community says that it's good to have item x, etc. Of course, the folks holding item x want to sell it so they'll hype it to the community as the greatest thing ever... has happened over and over and over again in the history of EU, and will likely happen again in the future too.

Last edited:
uhuh ... nothing new already knew this stuff.. but I guess it's for the unbelievers thanks MindArk! :)

~Danimal

Gosh... Trying to convince myself that there was some people who didn't know this.
First try failed miserably, but i won't give up! :wtg:

If any devs are reading this, you need to change the wording in the item info panel. Most of us know not to use items in SIB period if we can help it. However, the item info window is misleading and confuses the heck out of newbies. They always think that when it says "recommended level", that's the level they need to start using it. When I talk to a new player I inevitably spend a lot of time trying to persuade them why they should not be using the tool that says "Yes". And some of them never really believe me, at least until they progress and see the difference for themselves.

The best thing would be to completely remove the word "Bonus". It gives the wrong idea and any "bonus" is very small anyway. Since "Recommended level" is not the level being recommended by MA, change it to read something like this instead:

Learning period (start / end): 5 / 10

Take the focus away from the SIB period and put it on the usability of the item:

Below SIB it would say
Usable/Maxed: Not yet / Not yet

In SIB it would say
Usable/Maxed: Yes / Not yet

Above SIB it would say
Usable/Maxed: Yes / Yes

Old school non-sib items would say:
Learning period (start / end): 0 / 100

and for most of us, those items would say
Usable/Maxed: Yes / Not yet

[h=3]Developer Notes #3[/h] An avatar will enjoy much better overall hunting results over time when using weapons with higher damage per pec.

Have these guys even played their own game???

Back