Device for Virtual Tycoon?

Rumsponge

Elite
Ben Rumsponge Rumson
For anyone who uses Virtual Tycoon, what type of device do you use? How well does your device run it?

Thanks.

my device is a samsung galaxy sIII. runs flawlessly on that

it used to run flawlessly on my 3 year old htc hero as well.

Thanks. Would it be better on a bigger display, like a tablet, or does that not matter much.

Another question- Anyone know if this made it to the Blackberry app store yet?

This works just fine on my 'old' Desire HD. The size of the screen helps!

Runs perfectly on my Nexus 4. As for the blackberry app store i don't think its done for that, last i heard it was only out for android and soon to be released on apple app store.

Best regards
Zweshi

Sony-Ericsson SO-03D (aka Acro HD in EU)
Firmware at 2.4ish
Virtual Tycoon disconnects a lot and wont be able to log back in after a min or 5 min by using wifi connection
very difficult to connect with 3G of vodafone

fine for normal bid checking
not recommended for fighting for ending bids

Galaxy s3, and it constantly hangs up every time I try to search for an item in the auction.

Does anyone know if it works on Galaxy Tab 10.1" and/or Galaxy Note 10.1"

...if so could anyone show me some screens.

bump bump.......

It just irritates me that if I minimize it, I have to reenter my goldcard code..

Galaxy S4, runs perfect

It just irritates me that if I minimize it, I have to reenter my goldcard code..

Galaxy S4, runs perfect

you dont happen to have a Note or tab :D

I am just irritated that apple still hasn't allowed it to be released with iPhone. I was ready last year for iPhone but iTunes has blocked it release for some reason. It's very annoying.

you dont happen to have a Note or tab :D

It runs perfectly on my Galaxy Note II

I am just irritated that apple still hasn't allowed it to be released with iPhone. I was ready last year for iPhone but iTunes has blocked it release for some reason. It's very annoying.

If it's an app the company can make money from Apple wants 30% of everything.
So basically if MA wants to comply with the Apple store rules, it need to give 30% of your game spendings via the App on ios to Apple.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it works on Galaxy Tab 10.1" and/or Galaxy Note 10.1"

...if so could anyone show me some screens.

I run it on my Galaxy 10.1N. But I don't do much with it. Occassionally checking auctions or sold some stuff when I was at vacation. It runs stable as far as I know. I can post screens later (I am at work atm).
One tricky part is, that you wont get a preview window for coloured/textured items. That makes it pretty worthless for a fashionbabe like me :)

When you guys are saying that it runs great, you mean you can actually search the Auction for something?

Without having to set a filter?

Don't you get the Contacting the server...and the stuck message? after some Auction searches?

I mean, yeah, almost all android devices can take this app no technical problem there, the the app isn't really working as expected

I actually quit using it or use it just to see my balance, everything else is pretty much useless

If I enter the Auctioneer and search for something it won;t bring it, instead I get the Contacting the server message and boom bye bye

When you guys are saying that it runs great, you mean you can actually search the Auction for something?

Don't you get the Contacting the server...and the stuck message? after some Auction searches?

I mean, yeah, almost all android devices can take this app no technical problem there, the the app isn't really working as expected

I actually quit using it or use it just to see my balance, everything else is pretty much useless

If I enter the Auctioneer and search for something it won;t bring it, instead I get the Contacting the server message and boom bye bye

Well, for me it was May or June when I used it last time. At this time I could set filters for auction and got no error messages. I can try it again this evening (3 hours to go).

I never used the other modules like crafting and what else is offered by the app.

my device is a samsung galaxy sIII. runs flawlessly on that

it used to run flawlessly on my 3 year old htc hero as well.

Flawlessy? No problems with auction searches? Have Galaxy sIII mini myself.

Have exactly the same problems.

Galaxy s3, and it constantly hangs up every time I try to search for an item in the auction.

^ Same thing happens with me.

Well, I checked it. ... at least auction, storage, skills, professions. I left deposit out because I don't deposit atm. For me it works pretty good (Galaxy Tab 10.1N, Android 4.0.4.)

First of all: auction. I bought a Radar Jacket a few minutes ago.
Homescreen, select "Auction"

I want offers:

I get "ending soon"

I go to "Filter"

Back to auction I get exactly what I was searching for: Items - Clothes - Jackets - Female:

I check the offer:

AAAAAND got a picture via "Info" :yay::

Let's see what markup it has:

Hmmm, 100 PED + is a lot compared to standard markup. But I like the jacket. Let's buy it:

I set my bid and got it. And here we go ingame:

Next the rest:

Storage:

Skills:

Professions:

I am pretty sure, deposit will work as well.

I hope that helps, Kimmi.

Last edited:

Oh well, now I know what you were talking about. Using the search field I got the same problems. "Contacting server ..." It seems it doesn't work.

This search error is a bit annoying. But it doesn't make it unusable. Let's see if deposit works with 10 Euro ... nearly the jacket :ahh:

Yep. No clue if withdrawal will work also. I have nothing to withdrawal ...

Last edited:
To me, it sounds like network issues. Just out of curiosity, how many of you are on WiFi and how many are on a cellular data network?

To me, it sounds like network issues. Just out of curiosity, how many of you are on WiFi and how many are on a cellular data network?

have tried both (hundreds of times different networks), auction search causes "connecting to server" crash.

The problem is with the application, when you search directly ( in all content) it crashes

It only works ( not 100% safe) when you filter the categories and search only where your desired item is, is search for a laser pistol go under weapons-range-pistol...etc

The app must be fixed so that "search all" will not cause problems

I use the galaxy tab2 10.1 Great app!

Back