Question: Did entropia make you smarter?

Deity A

Old Alpha
Society
retired
Deity Acronoid
Sounds like a strange question, doesn't it?

But I must say I've skilled alot RL skills by playing. So for example all that stacks and ped values increased my calculation by head skills. Analysing loot and searching patterns stimulated abstract thinking.
Chatting increased my vocabulary in English, French and even swedish :D
Sharing Utube links to good music in soc chat increased my music knowledge and many discussions over the years have broadened by perspective on life's great topics.

Sometimes IRL situations I've already had use from things I learned while playing PE/EU.

I wonder if some of you have simular experiences.

Yes. many of the things you mentioned, and also my people skills have improved a bit :D.

No...

I feel nothing in this... no RL skills :laugh:

Sounds like a strange question, doesn't it?

But I must say I've skilled alot RL skills by playing. So for example all that stacks and ped values increased my calculation by head skills. Analysing loot and searching patterns stimulated abstract thinking.
Chatting increased my vocabulary in English, French and even swedish :D
Sharing Utube links to good music in soc chat increased my music knowledge and many discussions over the years have broadened by perspective on life's great topics.

Sometimes IRL situations I've already had use from things I learned while playing PE/EU.

I wonder if some of you have simular experiences.

this :) except for the swedish

I've noticed that Entropia isn't any useful for learning any languages other than 'broken English' and 'Russian swearing'. I'm usually quite passionate about learning in general and languages in particular but every time I'm getting 'caught' in Entropia, I seem to skip quite a lot of self-studying sessions :D

It helped me to develop some economical and phycological skills though.

Maybe I've learned that when bored enough, inane tasks like Sweating are welcomed? Otherwise not sure of much.

Haven't learned any swedish, seen french maybe a few times but already have a basic understanding of it thanks to school. Maybe that it's helped me become more patient with language barriers?

It anything I'd is became dumberer. I've been just getting through school ever since I started playing EU.

Not smarter probably, but it did increase some skills I had. The last few months I have been playing around with a wiki which I had never done before. I also think it increased my English a bit, although that was pretty good to begin with.

I must say I did gain a lot of IRL skill through Entropia and got a lot smarter because of that ...

But then one day I needed cash so I chipped out those skills and I'm now back to being my stupid self .. ;)

I'd say so.. yeah definately. I mean my basic math skills has improved since playing the last few months since nothing stays constant in EU apart from the sweating :D. I've had to stay on top of my %'s :) & fractions. Not sure about language apart me already knowing some spanish. But I've I've gotten more social on chat. So thank you OP I was just about to write something similar to this +rep for you. Oh yh also learnt that too :laugh:.

I've learnt quite a few things I think. Firstly I can type faster than I could before which in my line of business is actually very usefull. (I'm a wrtier irl) Also improved my mental arithmetic and business sense a bit. Maybe a few social skills. Definitely patience with some of the people I've mentored in this game.

It's been beneficial for my writing in lots of ways with the choose your own adventure I write. Have had a few people give it a proper critical analysis which as a writer is invaluable. It's boosted my confidence in my writing skills as well. So I've gained really rather a lot from playing Eu.

Im not sure about smarter, but I have learnt a lot of things from PE, one of the best is having to learn to type ( Well its still not great, but its a shed load faster than it was ;) )

U should have added a poll to that, anyway

Hell no, Serious if i compare the time i play computer games with the time i spend on making mony IRL and learning new things IRL

Not saying EU made me more stupid but i could have spent my time learning other more interesting stuff.

Reality check, ... one two ...

I have met some people that have greatly changed my life in a good way.

I've been here for almost 8 years now... if anything, it must be a sign that I'm dumber. :D

I joined EU as an outlet during what was probably the worst time of my life. I have made so many really good friends here. :) I've learned that it doesn't matter what the medium is, people are still people.

Well besides everything aint allways what it seams ( hot girl could infact be an RL man ) i cant rly think of so many things i actualy learnd in EU ( sure would pop a few if i whasent too lazy thinkin right now).

However i think this game learn everyone what patience is :cool:

Back