Suggestion: Direct exchange of skills

Deemer

Prowler
Like P2P/street trading, which does not pay any fees, I propose to be make an option to exchange skills directly between players, which does not include empty implants.

A new menu like P2P trading or its extension would not be difficult to implement.

And how in this case MA will make $$$$ ???

And how in this case MA will make $$$$ ???

Today, you did 10 ped of mining skills that MA made their business, if that's your question. And the rest is no different from street trading at the moment.

I am definitely not interested in the business of MA, but I am looking at my interest ;)

I am definitely not interested in the business of MA, but I am looking at my interest ;)
And why would MA implement such a system that helps you, and not them? I honestly dont even see any reason for them to do this. If you want to trade skills, just buy an ESI.If they implemented this, ESI market would die, pretty much.

wouldnt this mean ppl with multiple avatars can just farm skills and just give skills to their main accnt? idk this seems like it would benefit cheaters more imo.

And why would MA implement such a system that helps you, and not them? I honestly dont even see any reason for them to do this. If you want to trade skills, just buy an ESI.If they implemented this, ESI market would die, pretty much.

wouldnt this mean ppl with multiple avatars can just farm skills and just give skills to their main accnt? idk this seems like it would benefit cheaters more imo.

This is MA's concern again. Whoever abuses risks being banned. I do not understand why this is an argument that hinders this trade.

On the other hand, as I mentioned in the OP, this will not be different from the current trade between the players. The arguments we have so far in the topic are no different from street trading, why you think this is different?

I'm sorry but I'm not offering a job at MA. This is just suggestion.

MA just needs to drastically increase the drop rate of ESI

I have 200,000 points that I paid the MA for each of them. I don't think I have to pay a markup to sell them, even if prices fall to 900% again.

I have said several times that this is no different from trading any other item in the game between players, why do you see such a huge problem?

I have 200,000 points that I paid the MA for each of them. I don't think I have to pay a markup to sell them, even if prices fall to 900% again.
Just for the sake of clarity, it is the BUYER of skills that pay the MU.. both on EIS and on skill that you want to sell
so really for the SELLER of skills there is no cost to chip out )(apart 2 pec for the skill inserter decay)....

Adding the suggested mechanic, is just counter-productive for players. We would loose the market value of ESI, for players to just "trade skills" which doesn't really seem that useful compared to the current mechanic of selling them.

Just for the sake of clarity, it is the BUYER of skills that pay the MU.. both on EIS and on skill that you want to sell
so really for the SELLER of skills there is no cost to chip out )(apart 2 pec for the skill inserter decay)....
Also think this needs to be clear. As a buyer you won't be paying MU, you're just gaining.

skills how they are now are locked funds
for people who do not understand :

if i take out skills , i lose a little since everything is valued as ped
i lose ped to mindark

after i chipped out , i try to sell the implant to someone who pays the mu
if i sell it in the auction i also lose on auction fee...
after i cash out my peds,
mindark will take a cut of this too

dont forget i need to loot the esi somehow where i also lose ped

so basicly , yes a easyer way to trade skills wuld be much fairer then esi

or atleast enable more esis in loot

just add ESI to the Trade Terminal and be done with it. Soon with new game engine this game will be on epic's webshop so there will be thousands of new players that are used to games like fortnight that will want to play. Making cost lower to chip up for them is imparative if Mindark really wants the player base to expand.

Replace the ESI in loot with instance keeys for mega mobs... Make the Huusk look like a puny.

Last edited:
The problem with easy skill trading is the fact that there would be tons of people botting 200 evade skillijg avatars and pooling all the gains to one avatar for free.

Fuck that.

There should be a cost to selling/trading skills, but it should not be as high as it is now

i wonder if this is really an actual problem.
i dont see in Trade channels all this skill demand.
i saw free skill giveaway during mayhem...

Anyone that supports this idea needs their brain scanned, basically middle finger to MA and to those actively grinding to get those ESIs are a reward for their efforts. Should be grateful that your even able to chip out and sell your skills in the first place. To me, that's a wild idea to begin with. I've never heard of it anywhere else.

If you're interested in playing this game you should definitely be interested in the business of MA, the game you're playing isn't free to develop and maintain. Unless you are on your way out, well then that's a personal problem.

I suggest we remove the Suggestions/WishList section, they get more ridiculous by the day.

Anyone that supports this idea needs their brain scanned, basically middle finger to MA and to those actively grinding to get those ESIs are a reward for their efforts. Should be grateful that your even able to chip out and sell your skills in the first place. To me, that's a wild idea to begin with. I've never heard of it anywhere else.

If you're interested in playing this game you should definitely be interested in the business of MA, the game you're playing isn't free to develop and maintain. Unless you are on your way out, well then that's a personal problem.

I suggest we remove the Suggestions/WishList section, they get more ridiculous by the day.
youve played EU for 6 months, nobody cares about your opinion

in your dreams, noob
Its not about me being 6 months old, and you know that. You disagree with keeping an avenue in which players can have more PED in their card through MU.

Aside from that what are you gonna do, throw all those crafted EPs at me? 😂
You make your ends meet by killing people sidetracked with mobs, using armor designed for those mobs. That's fine but... That's the easy part, you need the hard part. That should keep your attitude in check.
Stock up on those toxic shots 🤡boy. You got 6 months.

Its not about me being 6 months old, and you know that. You disagree with keeping an avenue in which players can have more PED in their card through MU.
thats where you are wrong.. im only reacting this way because you said we shouldnt have suggestion section.. anyway, you 're gonna need an army to kill me in pvp.. you can brin g all the people on your friends list and you'll still lose. keep dreaming

thats where you are wrong.. im only reacting this way because you said we shouldnt have suggestion section.. anyway, you 're gonna need an army to kill me in pvp.. you can brin g all the people on your friends list and you'll still lose. keep dreaming

I hope you don't take that whooping like you took that joke. When you see me, try not to miss ;). I need to be entertained.

i wonder if this is really an actual problem.
i dont see in Trade channels all this skill demand.
i saw free skill giveaway during mayhem...
The skills are not in demand because the current system is clunky, expensive, and the items needed to trade skills are rare. IF the skill implant drop rate was increased by 100% there would easily be more demand for more skills. There are certain skills people just dont bother buying or selling because the cost of the ESI does not justify the expense.

People are giving away skills for free again because of the way the system currently works. They want to stay in a mayhem category and because of how awkward and difficult it is to trade skills, the only way they can get rid of the skills without cost is offering them for free. And the skills that are given for free are the ones people typically not going to chip out to sell.

There's a little known secret about chipping skills everyone here is missing. I'll leave a hint:

It ties into the Mentor and Society systems.

Let's recap what i understood from this and another posts
1. skills have a value (it is in point but with a wiki calculator can be expressed in PED form)
2. skills are not a part of the loot (at least from Turret experiment they seem not) so are a "freebie" or reward for effort in game time
3. some ppl would be able to monetize those without big costs for the buyer (this is the real topic, if the system is functional or not)
4. bigger playerbase could drive pay-to-win shop item player (whales) to flow into entropia

at this point as an existing user my thought can only be
1. i would like to see in my "K" window also the ped value of each line and a total ped value of skills (that would be also a pain relief for those that have a bad style and cost to play is high, they would see some PED in skills as an "asset"
point 3 and 4 are conflicting in my view. as an existing user i would have new "wannabe ubers" to pay BIG money to grow faster than their ped cycle capability
so i would sell at big price an esi, then sell at a bigger price skills and moreover have the "fast grow" playstyle feed the loot pool for the dedicated eco players

but this is just my humble opinion, and this is a game where everything has a cost, and the keynesian "animal spirit" is pumped at top levels... RCE

and we are not talking about selling my poor 250k skillset.. but the upper tier potential sellers with 1m+ whose marginal skill is worth 20 ped per point or more

I like the current system. though ESIs could be a bit more common in loot. I'm happy to take a hit on the markup. How it is currently is many high lvl players would need to buy every looted ESI for months just to chip out their avatars fully.

I like the current system. though ESIs could be a bit more common in loot. I'm happy to take a hit on the markup. How it is currently is many high lvl players would need to buy every looted ESI for months just to chip out their avatars fully.
Try years probably Decade long process for messi.

Back