Suggestion: Direct exchange of skills

skills how they are now are locked funds
for people who do not understand :

if i take out skills , i lose a little since everything is valued as ped
i lose ped to mindark

after i chipped out , i try to sell the implant to someone who pays the mu
if i sell it in the auction i also lose on auction fee...
after i cash out my peds,
mindark will take a cut of this too

dont forget i need to loot the esi somehow where i also lose ped

so basicly , yes a easyer way to trade skills wuld be much fairer then esi

or atleast enable more esis in loot

There seems to be plenty of ESI's. The problem is they are going to the same damn people. Just look at uber player shops like messi's which have tonnes... I have played on and off for 10 yrs or so and I've had one decent Esi (from kong a few years back) and in total probably had no more than 10 in total pretty much low tt.

If item looting was "fairer" I guess people wouldn't have a problem with ESI prices.

snowstormz dont be offended.... 173k skills? 1680 in EL
you probably cycle 1000....2000 ped per day on mobs under level 20
did you read JBK post about cycling 25000 ped per day?
if you did... yuur 10 ESI would be.... 150+..... matter of volume and statistics....
personally i dropped 2 in 1 month then no more and both from level 41 monsters

In the current game, there is no reason to have points in a lot of hunting skills past a certain level. And the massive excess some players have above this level would mean rock bottom prices for those skills. I'll use Messi as an example even though I feel like he would be hard pressed to let go of skills unless he wanted to switch professions or decided the level of profit he has isn't satisfying enough. The way that skills work, every 1000 points is roughly double the skill necessary to equal the previous 1000. For example, going from 4000-5000 is about 81 ped tt of skill, whereas 5000-6000 is 161 ped TT. This exponential slowing of skill progression means that assume Messi has 35000 points of shortblades. , taking out 1500 points of each skill necessary to gain profession levels in shortblades would probably be enough to get someone to level 100 shortblades. I don't know the amount of shortblades that require over level 100 and are actually the type of weapon someone would want to use, such as a prism of destruction, but I believe the number is below 10. This means that Messi alone could trade enough skills to max every high level shortblade available, and still be able to use his Unique Sacrificial Dagger. Assuming this many players are grinding high level shortblades now, this excess skill only increases further devaluing the skills, which essentially gets rid of the grinding part of Entropia. (take note that this is conjecture about the sheer amount of skills Messi has and only and educated estimate, I did not actually do the math.) If there is no reason to grind, then the majority of players will be unhappy with their losses low-mid level because they will no longer feel like their losses are justified by working towards a goal of better ROI or potentially even profit in the future. If low-mid level hunting activity decreases heavily, then the economy of the game collapses, since most markup is based around generating materials and items for this level of play. The empty skill implant is essentially a form of a check to ensure that this all cannot happen. Empty skill implants also provide hunters with valuable markup that otherwise would not exist at all. Other than that, the entire event system that is meant to keep competition fair and allow players to have a chance at more nice items and winnings throughout all level ranges would become completely useless as players with better equipment and funds would just drop to whatever rank ensures them the most winnings. Killing any chances of those without a lot of funds climbing and becoming more successful through events.

In the current game, there is no reason to have points in a lot of hunting skills past a certain level. And the massive excess some players have above this level would mean rock bottom prices for those skills. I'll use Messi as an example even though I feel like he would be hard pressed to let go of skills unless he wanted to switch professions or decided the level of profit he has isn't satisfying enough. The way that skills work, every 1000 points is roughly double the skill necessary to equal the previous 1000. For example, going from 4000-5000 is about 81 ped tt of skill, whereas 5000-6000 is 161 ped TT. This exponential slowing of skill progression means that assume Messi has 35000 points of shortblades. , taking out 1500 points of each skill necessary to gain profession levels in shortblades would probably be enough to get someone to level 100 shortblades. I don't know the amount of shortblades that require over level 100 and are actually the type of weapon someone would want to use, such as a prism of destruction, but I believe the number is below 10. This means that Messi alone could trade enough skills to max every high level shortblade available, and still be able to use his Unique Sacrificial Dagger. Assuming this many players are grinding high level shortblades now, this excess skill only increases further devaluing the skills, which essentially gets rid of the grinding part of Entropia. (take note that this is conjecture about the sheer amount of skills Messi has and only and educated estimate, I did not actually do the math.) If there is no reason to grind, then the majority of players will be unhappy with their losses low-mid level because they will no longer feel like their losses are justified by working towards a goal of better ROI or potentially even profit in the future. If low-mid level hunting activity decreases heavily, then the economy of the game collapses, since most markup is based around generating materials and items for this level of play. The empty skill implant is essentially a form of a check to ensure that this all cannot happen. Empty skill implants also provide hunters with valuable markup that otherwise would not exist at all. Other than that, the entire event system that is meant to keep competition fair and allow players to have a chance at more nice items and winnings throughout all level ranges would become completely useless as players with better equipment and funds would just drop to whatever rank ensures them the most winnings. Killing any chances of those without a lot of funds climbing and becoming more successful through events.

TL;DR : You said: Many ubers have more skills than they need, a lot more. There will never be a L200 gun (probably). Messi and Girts could supply skills for years by chipping out unnecessary skills. If we made a Skill Exchange, they'd flood the market.

My answer: No, they wouldn't not if the player base was to expand. THey'd also not sell too cheap, because skills cost peds to aquire.

The solution:
1. MA makes a Skill Exchange ingame. You can put your skills (in peds) up for sale. Just like now, MA takes a cut of 10% of the value.
2. To be able to purchase skills, one would need Skill Exchange Tokens (lootable), of course linearly scalable with skill size (measured in peds).
3. Minimum sale would be 3 ped of skills (this will ensure no flooding of stupidly low sale threads, and also be an incentiv to skill at least 3 ped (from 0 to 1000 skill points) to be able to sell.)
4. MU is contained in loot through Tokens, but spread out more (could be uncommon drop, like the FEN tokens).
5. ESI would exist in parallell to this system. THey would lose some MU, but still have use for transactions below 3 ped.

This way, a lot more skills would be traded, making MA more money. New players will be able to boost skills cheaper than today, and thus be able to spend more peds, making MA more money. (Remember, these are the ones to feed the top of the pyramid scheme, so ubers should welcome them)

Why does everyone think first about how mindark does money

They already earn in the Moment you depo even if you are a free Player they still earn out of you

This game based on Real World tax System what ever you do is Taxed and the tax you pay is taxed with tax,your mu is taxed,skills are taxed,items are taxed,armor is taxed,tt is taxed,sweat is taxed, if we culd breath air in entropia this wuld be also taxed and finaly when everything that u have got taxed you will take out your money and guess what ? They tax you there again

From all those taxes i forgot what i Was about to write

The drop rate of ESIs are balanced.

The problem most players are facing is that they're using weapons which do not offer the best statistics, both visible and hidden, for the mobs they're hunting.

ESIs are considered "rare" loot finds. To maximize your rare loot chance you must have the correct weapon on the correct mob. The stats of your weapon, combined with the decay of your armor/fap/etc as well as your looter level all come into play in how easily you'll pull "rare loots" like ESIs and other items. You may cycle as much as JBK or Messi and still be unable to loot the type of items they are because your weapon and mob choice sucks. Take Girts for example...

Something else to note is that you're competing with whoever else is grinding that mob (I'm unsure if maturity matters here). If they have a better setup, you'll only be helping them to loot the rare items by adding to the number of kills being cycled to get to the rare item in the loot table. You may fair well enough to see stable returns but you'll always have more Shrapnel than ESIs for instance (this doesn't mean you'll get no rare loots but your CHANCES are significantly handicapped).

This also plays into Mining and Crafting in similar ways through their respective systems.

You also need the skills to use the right gear. Sadly my avatar is not there yet but with the right amount of funding it could be. I'm currently working on that part.

This is a great segway to mention my Society, Mayhem Inc. We're not accepting members yet but once I finish setting up some "real life" things I'll be looking for committed individuals who want to earn an income while participating in the Entropia Universe.

Cheers

The problem most players are facing is that they're using weapons which do not offer the best statistics, both visible and hidden, for the mobs they're hunting.

ESIs are considered "rare" loot finds. To maximize your rare loot chance you must have the correct weapon on the correct mob. The stats of your weapon, combined with the decay of your armor/fap/etc as well as your looter level all come into play in how easily you'll pull "rare loots" like ESIs and other items. You may cycle as much as JBK or Messi and still be unable to loot the type of items they are because your weapon and mob choice sucks. Take Girts for example...

Something else to note is that you're competing with whoever else is grinding that mob (I'm unsure if maturity matters here). If they have a better setup, you'll only be helping them to loot the rare items by adding to the number of kills being cycled to get to the rare item in the loot table. You may fair well enough to see stable returns but you'll always have more Shrapnel than ESIs for instance (this doesn't mean you'll get no rare loots but your CHANCES are significantly handicapped).

This also plays into Mining and Crafting in similar ways through their respective systems.

You also need the skills to use the right gear. Sadly my avatar is not there yet but with the right amount of funding it could be. I'm currently working on that part.
Just so newer players don't read that as gospel: all of the above is pure speculation and as old as PE itself. I.e don't forget to have your runner run in the direction you were looking when you gained your last perception skill. (thats the oldest one I can remember, not sure who here even remembers runners)

On the skills trade thing, I agree, the system is super old and clunky but I don't think the reasons for having it set up this way have changed since then. Maybe some quality of life improvements could be made but I don't see MAs position changing tbh.

Would I like to chip in cheap skills? Sure! Do I expect MA to change the required skills for Weapons/Mobs/BP/WhatEver if everyone is suddenly much higher skilled for new uber gear? Yeah, probably. Do I think the balance team really cares about the impact ESIs have on your returns? Not really tbh. I'd be surprised if ESIs make up a huge % of the MU people loot. Would be interesting to know tho, if somebody wants to share.

I'll even start: I got 4 ESIs in 300k cycled, making 1086 PED in MU. Thats one 1/6th of what one would lose with 98% TT return. I'd wager thats somewhere in the middle how what people tend to loot? So make of that what you will. Just to put that into perspective, if you cycled 300k with 98% return and everything was shrap, you'd make 2940PED with Shrapnel at 101, or, more realistically if you were to sell it for 100.5%: 1470PED in MU, and about 50% more than with the ESIs you loot. (simplified I know I know but you see what I mean?) Not sure if thats an argument for/against ESI drop rate or not but there it is.

But tbh, Im not really up to date or into the current skills gig, never have been when they were cheaper either. So dunno, feels like a minor issue to me personally because of that.

cheers

Just so newer players don't read that as gospel: all of the above is pure speculation and as old as PE itself. I.e don't forget to have your runner run in the direction you were looking when you gained your last perception skill. (thats the oldest one I can remember, not sure who here even remembers runners)

On the skills trade thing, I agree, the system is super old and clunky but I don't think the reasons for having it set up this way have changed since then. Maybe some quality of life improvements could be made but I don't see MAs position changing tbh.

Would I like to chip in cheap skills? Sure! Do I expect MA to change the required skills for Weapons/Mobs/BP/WhatEver if everyone is suddenly much higher skilled for new uber gear? Yeah, probably. Do I think the balance team really cares about the impact ESIs have on your returns? Not really tbh. I'd be surprised if ESIs make up a huge % of the MU people loot. Would be interesting to know tho, if somebody wants to share.

I'll even start: I got 4 ESIs in 300k cycled, making 1086 PED in MU. Thats one 1/6th of what one would lose with 98% TT return. I'd wager thats somewhere in the middle how what people tend to loot? So make of that what you will. Just to put that into perspective, if you cycled 300k with 98% return and everything was shrap, you'd make 2940PED with Shrapnel at 101, or, more realistically if you were to sell it for 100.5%: 1470PED in MU, and about 50% more than with the ESIs you loot. (simplified I know I know but you see what I mean?) Not sure if thats an argument for/against ESI drop rate or not but there it is.

But tbh, Im not really up to date or into the current skills gig, never have been when they were cheaper either. So dunno, feels like a minor issue to me personally because of that.

cheers

Once you've reached 300k in running, are you probably around 45 in the Looter profession?
When you become level 50 in this profession, buy a ~10 ped Analysis skill, check Looter progression before and after, and consider whether to continue, but don't do it before level 50. The idea here is just to understand why it's good to be aware of your skills, but mainly this hint I give you is to reach Looter level 60 faster. I'm sure you'll be surprised by this 10 ped implant, and if you check Looter hidden skills for level 60, you'll understand why what I'm telling you is recommended.

Mainly after 5000 points on a certain skill, a 10 ped implant gives roughly 60 points. But 5800 points of a certain skill are only 10% of the progress to 10000 ... these 5800 points are not 58%, but 10%. At 8200 skill points we will be at 50% progression from 10000. But all this is only for a skill, not for profession.

If you catch the hint above you will understand why some players pushing faster than others.

Back