DirectX installation crash

Nirfu

Elite
Society
Rapture of Rebellion
Nirfu Nirfu Merlin
While downloading the the VU I read about the new stuff, I went direct to deposit mode to be able to try everything new. Then when starting the game the DirectX installation starts, I press next and after a while it crashes. giving crypti error message about corrupt Cabinet file. I tryed to download direct from Microsoft and got the same error message. it's in Swedish ( I am swedish) and give very low information. I CAN'T start EU!!!

Does anyone else have same problem or have you any good ideas on how to fix this? I have played with the security settings in IE without any success. I have restarted several times. I have been reading on the MSDN and can't get a good answer. next step is to uninstall EU and start all over again. Or see if there is a restore point I can go back to.

HELP!!!!

I cant get on at all, I have reinstalled PE and still get fatal errors on Windows...this is making me made since I have sunk a nice chunk of money into this game last two weeks. Cant play at all.

I had problems too...

I had problems on couple comptures, each had diff problems of course but one solution fixed it all... make sure you turn off anytin may prevent yoru system from downloading updates such as this....

I turned off auto-updaters which really sholdh't have anything to do with eu updates but I guess they do, they seem to block certain types of communications...

So turn off anything running in the background, firewall, updateers, etc...

that should fix your problem................................or not lol...

I did go back to an installation point earlier this day and did all once again. With the same result. The thing that anoys me the most(except that i cant play) is that the error message and direcx installation is translated to Swedish. Körtids = runtime. makes me laugh, some things shouldn't be translated.
I will try once again and go back and the turn of firewall(don't like this, scarry).

turn off firewall and install the last direct X.
on one of my comp i had to instal new direct X after VU , MA use som new DLL .
you sould take the last directX , 9.0c june update.

CRAP!!!
Frustration is groving!

I did a celan install once again without any securitu stuf on. No virusdefence, no updates, no firewall, no nothing. Still get the same error. I think it's time to dig deep in to microsoft support pages.
Thx Etopia for the tip, but i have already tried to download directx direct from MS.

Nirfu said:
CRAP!!!
Frustration is groving!

I did a celan install once again without any securitu stuf on. No virusdefence, no updates, no firewall, no nothing. Still get the same error. I think it's time to dig deep in to microsoft support pages.
Thx Etopia for the tip, but i have already tried to download directx direct from MS.

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...-b136-f2a0d35e6fd6/directx_jun2006_redist.exe

try that one :)

and take a look at your video driver , take the latest too ..

Thx everyon who have tried to help me. I did fix the problem.

I flushed/deleted all files in %windir%\system32\directx\websetup
%windir% is in my case C:\WINDOWS folder.

%windir%\system32\directx\websetup Is where windows stores all downloaded directx updates. After that the DirectX installation downloaded some new fresh files and everything now works. When there where files windows did choose those instead of the ones from MS.

Back