Discussion with MindArk about the current direction of Entropia Universe

rofl releases on time?!?!

Space hasn't had 1/10th of what was promised on launch and sale of original warp capable ships for more than half a decade. Lots of blah blah, I want to see progress, till then I'd rather spend my money buying skins in elite dangerous than investing in "promises" that... by the record, have NEVER been honored.

makes me wonder how they want to pull of that removal of tier upgrader in early 2020 in time :D

lol ya... honestly the video was just a lot of blah blah... talking about how in touch with the community they are, and how they get releases out on time and such... I'd rather see progress than hear promises of it, because MA creating speculation to increase virtual value is to old and to used up of a trick for it to mean anything anymore.

Can You Guys , Please Stop Looking At Each Other While Interview ? Is Very Un Professional , LOL :LOL:

So in summary

: MindArk has had the fortune of being able to pick up some of the people that lost their jobs because of the Covid-situation, but are still looking for more competent people.

Well done on the video, production quality is up quite a bit since last video.

when did Macaulay Culkin become ceo of MA? and why would a ceo of a company need a stress therapy dog? thats all i got from that interview. and yes im only joking

Thanks for the update MindArk. Always good to see the people behind the product.

1. Quite a generic video with little real content. After 17 years, we should expect some "meat". The users are your key stakeholders (customers). As a product manager, I would be eaten alive by my stakeholders if I would engage with so little substance.
2. MA has learned to better communicate internally and moved to an agile approach. OK, good.
3. There was and is a power struggle between the old and the new. It is embarrassing how Hendrik, the CEO butts in with "..How does it feel to be so old" as almost his first statement, even if spoken in "humor". This attitude tells me a lot about the CEO and none of it is good frankly.
4. New people have been brought in. This is positive and I would like to see how they will support the vision and roadmap.

The next video needs to provide the vision and roadmap. What is the vision for EU and how will this be achieved with which feature in which releases?

Interesting video. I hope to see stuff like this more often.

Henrik: "Sally the dog is the balance manager" you trolls! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::love:(y)

Last edited:
I definitely think this was an improvement over the last video, but I do have to agree with Jas. It seemed fairly vague about the details they discussed. Lots of buzz words too which always gets on my nerves lol... but over all keep up the good work guys it is appreciated.

My very first question is whether they used cryengine lighting...
Tongue-in-cheek tip: watch at 2x speed to get the impression that the interview is moving at a somewhat normal speed.
What a load of waffle. Still, thank you for improving stuff slowly slowly slowly.

Last edited:
Great interview and nice to see that things are improving behind the scenes.

Seems to me, that they say the same things over and over, just in other words.

I really looked for anything that would make me feel more informed than before i watched the video, but to be honest, i literally got nothing out of it.

Always nice to see the employees, but this is a real thirsty community when it comes to communication from Mindark, that its amusing that some people even can get themself to express satisfaction with this minor little progress on information to the community.

My, are it so hard to ask some real questions?

To be honest, just wasted 15 minutes of my life. Nothing was actually said. They also mention more communication or words to that effect. Where, am I not looking in the right places?

Also, your latest VU with the removal of things I liked, has made me log in less, now only at weekends, and then for a short time.

Will wait for his 'Things will look better in the future' comment, before I decide to check it out again, just don't let future mean in 10 years time, or until everyone's forgot about things that were sold as and promised coming in the future(CLD voting being my number 1 gripe) , that were still waiting for nearly 10 years later.

Quite ok video, it might seem vague in what will come, but on the other hand it was interesting and said "a lot" of what
is way more intersting when it comes to how MA works today vs many years ago.
Obviously some bootle necks are gone now. Hopefully all unrealistic hyping is gone too, and a new era is here with
high quality and intersting development as main prio instead. Time will tell I guess....

Video quality and editing was definitely a step up from the last video.

It will be interesting to see how things play out over the next year or so with the new talent and content. I don't think it can hurt having new sets of eyes looking at Entropia but time will tell. There has always been a reserved nature in regards to those working on Entropia Universe VS those who play the game. I can't blame them for holding back in interviews if it would affect the RCE or something that will come back to haunt them later on if they over promise and just can't make it work right.

They definitely need to spend a year tackling the low hanging fruit in EU that just makes people gripe, in my opinion.

Give the interviews and inside look at Mindark time it's difficult being on camera while interviewing and being interviewed. Soon everyone will be just as relaxed as Sally

Thought it was quite odd that strategy and ideas was being driven bottom up (leadership involves listening, not listening is leadership) . About time they embraced collaboration management between departments and potentially PP's. Not quite sure i'd be comfortable working for a CEO that appears somewhat ageist, even if he might be joking. Still doesn't feel like a business with clear direction and a driven highly competitive mission, with what appears to be a a very inexperienced and relaxed CEO with zero pressure. I'm sure they'd rather I add an honest opinion, rather than kiss arse. Lets hope these new people, add some value then.

Rick

Reactions: Jas
It seemed fairly vague about the details they discussed.
they say the same things over and over, just in other words
Nothing was actually said.
seem vague in what will come,
When will people understand the core of this game is RCE and that no economic details can be given ahead of time? Grow up! Even things that are a bit vague create expectations and everyone gets mental about unfulfilled promisses when it was only an idea that went public....
No details can be given even during downtime because things can go wrong and you cry again if they postpone some cool stuff already announced, or, the main reason, people will buy stuff and sell 5 times more expensive after the update

Nice. Please fix the lag. There is no sense having a Porsche that stalls every km.
+1 on this.

When will people understand the core of this game is RCE and that no economic details can be given ahead of time? Grow up! Even things that are a bit vague create expectations and everyone gets mental about unfulfilled promisses when it was only an idea that went public....
No details can be given even during downtime because things can go wrong and you cry again if they postpone some cool stuff already announced, or, the main reason, people will buy stuff and sell 5 times more expensive after the update

+1 on this.
I can understand that some details cannot be discussed but when talking about the past surely they can elaborate a little, or what steps they are taking to improve communication within the team. id dont see how talking about such things would effect the RCE... other than possibly boosting people's confidence in Mind ark.

+1 on this.

They clearly promise transport missions when implementing the ability to insta transport items purchased from the auction house, and intentionally dropped hints about making the transport missions immediately after the release of the quad wing equus.

It seems to me MA is more than happy to bait people with information when it benefits them financially, while dropping all obligations to forfil anything like what they promised once they have the money in hand.

There are other examples with space, but I cant be bothered to find them all... but ya... If they want trust they need to shut their mouths and work hard on forfilling some of their forgotten promises. Till then I'd rather buy skins in pubG or Elite dangerous.

I can understand that some details cannot be discussed but when talking about the past surely they can elaborate a little, or what steps they are taking to improve communication within the team. id dont see how talking about such things would effect the RCE... other than possibly boosting people's confidence in Mind ark.
Well, that makes sense. But details can lead to exploits and especially to frustration and by the looks of it they learned this lessons some years ago so won't say squat about what's to come. They did say about a space update (soon lel)

They clearly promise transport missions when implementing the ability to insta transport items purchased from the auction house, and intentionally dropped hints about making the transport missions immediately after the release of the quad wing equus.

It seems to me MA is more than happy to bait people with information when it benefits them financially, while dropping all obligations to forfil anything like what they promised once they have the money in hand.

There are other examples with space, but I cant be bothered to find them all... but ya...
Well, never let yourself baited? Action only when it's in the release notes as update ready to go, not on visions and ideas... imo....

Well, that makes sense. But details can lead to exploits and especially to frustration and by the looks of it they learned this lessons some years ago so won't say squat about what's to come. They did say about a space update (soon lel)

Well, never let yourself baited? Action only when it's in the release notes as update ready to go, not on visions and ideas... imo....

changed your stance fast lol

If that is the case, they no longer need a communication person, as everything you said cannot be discussed.
Why make a video every 3 or 4 months, saying the same thing?

All well and good saying things like 'In a future release' when they never keep to their own roadmap.
And some things are now so long over due, I'll be 6ft under before they keep to their own promises, yes, that includes spending a fortune on things, that we are still waiting on. Remember, this is a RCE, it works both ways. You would not order and buy a car, with dealership saying it will be here next week, and wait 8 years or more later for it to be delivered would you?

Stop being a wokey, don't quote me if you have nothing to say.

changed your stance fast lol
My stance is the same.
" In a future Version Update, " This should not be in release notes. I stop giving any interest about what comes after. What comes after only means "in or vision..." which is not a promise, as you said... it's just something that could happen...
Greed could bait you probably into buying 100 equus and waiting to collect... but common sense should not let you go down that road.
I admit, I got into trying to read between the lines, maybe I could find out hints, especially during those migration stories.. but then I realized they were just that, stories... because people like stories and have asked for them :D
Just don't sell your house to buy stuff based on their vision, or buy massive stuff based on ideas.... (like Rick did).

If that is the case, they no longer need a communication person, as everything you said cannot be discussed.
Why make a video every 3 or 4 months, saying the same thing?

All well and good saying things like 'In a future release' when they never keep to their own roadmap.
And some things are now so long over due, I'll be 6ft under before they keep to their own promises, yes, that includes spending a fortune on things, that we are still waiting on. Remember, this is a RCE, it works both ways. You would not order and buy a car, with dealership saying it will be here next week, and wait 8 years or more later for it to be delivered would you?

Stop being a wokey, don't quote me if you have nothing to say.
Communication is 0,00001.
Roamaps are bad, they create more frustration along the way than excitement.
There are people that liek these videos. Soon (lol) they may even get good at it :D but for now it's cool to see the people, they might be videos with actual good content in the future :D
And yes, selling people things and delivering them years after is absolute trash move.
Tehy should still not discuss what's ahead in order to prevent market manipulation and such... but it would be cool to talk about design changes, or any change that won't influence the economy in any way... maybe even show us what their new colleagues are drawing there

I always like seeing vids from devs of games i play, long time coming but i think is good move.

Monthly or so new vids from different departments would be good, so people can see/hear from people like support, design, coders etc.

You can't please all the people all the time ofc but communication has been asked for years, give MA a break when they do something we been asking for :D.

Hope to see more in coming months.

Dibbler

Normally I'd have critics and complaints, but because I've just been asking for more communication from them I will take this and be happy. Yea it didn't say much at all, but seeing some faces in the company, hearing their voices, and getting this more often is very very positive.

To reply to all the people here saying how they don't follow their schedules and timelines : that is what I said when it came to end of iron missions and everyone said "you knew this was coming." I guess to that end maybe iron missions ending on time means they are now going to stick to schedules better?

Thanks MA for some of your time.

Thank you for sharing another great video.
Looking forward to many more.

Looks like Myant might have some competition for the cutest MA employee. ;)

Back