Disturbance notice: Gold card issues

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
We are currently experiencing issues with the Gold card security service being unavailable.
Gold card users can currently not login, we are aware of this and we are currently working on providing a fix as soon as possible.
Until that time, we kindly urge our Gold card users to go over to the Entropia Pocket app as it is currently not effected by this issue.
To do so, or to just have your Gold card deactivated until the issue has been resolved, please file a support case and attach a scan of your ID and support will assist you from there.
We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause during it's duration.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Originally Posted Here

or to just have your Gold card deactivated until the issue has been resolved

I cant believe you suggest people to deactivate the gold card..

For some accounts that might be the only thing hindering it from being compromised.

lets see how many days will last this attempt to lure more ppl from GC into app

well, guess im not spending peds till its fixed if i cant log in. Some people cannot use the app and forcing people to use the app is wrong, very wrong.

besides App is on a cell phone, meaning it can be hacked thus less secure than a physical card regardless what people say.

so off to other games for the time being, farewell EU till GC's are fixed see you in a week or 2

I don't wanna use the app so I be watching videos :beerchug:

Lucky me, the sun is shining..
See you when it's fixed...
I think migration should last a month longer then planned if this isn't fixed today :yay:

OMG third time you fuck that system up....

That sounds for a longer break for me...... :scared:

As I already said, not all people can use these apps, due to MA do not provided apps for Windows 10 Phones.
MA should not force moving players to apps without Windows Phone support! This is wrong way. I hate IOS and Android and will never move to these platforms. So MA, before offering to me this move (in support case) you must ask yourself, why you not released application for my Windows Phone.

Submitted support case to have my gold card disconnected from my account since I didn't want to wait a week or two again like last year, they responded in about 15 minutes and now I'm regretfully using 2FA :(

They really need to sort their shit out so that this doesn't happen again.

Cu when GC are Fixed, no peds spent from my side until GC fixed !

Reactions: das
As I already said, not all people can use these apps, due to MA do not provided apps for Windows 10 Phones.
MA should not force moving players to apps without Windows Phone support! This is wrong way. I hate IOS and Android and will never move to these platforms. So MA, before offering to me this move (in support case) you must ask yourself, why you not released application for my Windows Phone.

On win phone as well, mostly for the sync between computers. (Working with IT many is using win10 phones)

But even if an app was in win store i would still use my GC, same as i do with my banking

No way I deactivate gold card, finally Eomon Mission has been added, just the smal thing that i cant login now.. :lolup:

CU when u fixed ur systems.

Reactions: das
Hello
I am also affected by the same GC issue and i am also a strong against app fan but if GC is out and ETA for fix is unknown you have to think of something.
After bouncing back and forth with support, live chat and so on i managed to log into my account here is step by step how i did it:
  • Ask support to lock your account ( to keep you safe during the process while account has no security)
  • Ask support to disable your gold card
  • Then re-open your web browser or use different browser or clear cookies (this was necessary for me but may be not needed for others
  • Install your pocket app
  • Follow through the pocket app setup pon the website and complete setup
  • Save recovery code
  • Ask support to unlock your account
after GC issues are fixed:
  • Use recovery code to deactivate your pocket app
  • Reactivate your gold card

I know this may not be the way to go for everyone, but it helped me and maybe it will help someone else

Cheers
Soko

Last edited:
NOT gonna deactivate my gold card...GRRRRR just will wait till this problem is fixed..You better hurry MA!!! OH and I was gonna deposit LOL guess not now

yep for this time just fuck it, i had to wait and last time for same problem with gold cards. I will just wait for a fix :eyecrazy:

of course there is no clear instruction about how to send a support case, when you can't log into your account website, because goldcard system is broken...

since it happened before you would expect them to know how to fix it quicker than last time.
Wee will see :(

Hello
I am also affected by the same GC issue and i am also a strong against app fan but if GC is out and ETA for fix is unknown you have to think of something.
After bouncing back and forth with support, live chat and so on i managed to log into my account here is step by step how i did it:
  • Ask support to lock your account ( to keep you safe during the process while account has no security)
  • Ask support to disable your gold card
  • Then re-open your web browser or use different browser or clear cookies (this was necessary for me but may be not needed for others
  • Install your pocket app
  • Follow through the pocket app setup pon the website and complete setup
  • Save recovery code
  • Ask support to unlock your account
after GC issues are fixed:
  • Use recovery code to deactivate your pocket app
  • Reactivate your gold card

I know this may not be the way to go for everyone, but it helped me and maybe it will help someone else

Cheers
Soko

I think that You will not be able to reactivate your GC as MA is no longer selling GC's.

anyone have any number of how many people have gc and how many have app? or a procentage? just curios. Why anyone to trust a software on a phone more then a gold card, how can this be? just asking, i mean i cant understand the reason. I better pay more for a gold card then to use an app, personaly. I mean are you nutz, in today world ? or maybe we need to understand the process better, maybe we are not informed enouth i guess.:(

anyone have any number of how many people have gc and how many have app? or a procentage? just curios. Why anyone to trust a software on a phone more then a gold card, how can this be? just asking, i mean i cant understand the reason. I better pay more for a gold card then to use an app, personaly. I mean are you nutz, in today world ? or maybe we need to understand the process better, maybe we are not informed enouth i guess.:(

I'm out of game now. But then again I think it was a sign telling me "you MUST work on YOUR POND NOW!!" So I'm happy not being in game for the hour. :laugh:

lets see how many days will last this attempt to lure more ppl from GC into app

Wont work, I am patient and they loose revenue.

I think that You will not be able to reactivate your GC as MA is no longer selling GC's.

a friend has done it before so i am sure i will be able to!

So do I get this right, in order to get this new 2 factor authentification I need to first disable my gold card? According to the app I´m suppose to get a QR-code aswell at some point as part of the security process...that´s where I´m stuck right now, EU chat told me to write a support case, no answer from them...I dunno guys, I got a bad feeling about this...

This is assuming, of course, that an individual has a cellphone...of which I do not:eyecrazy:

Back