Do aliens exist ?

Do no human intelligent life forms exist ?

• Do you think we are not alone.

Votes: 49 63.6%
  • Are we the only intelligent life in the universe

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Until I meet one,, its all a scam.

Votes: 20 26.0%

• Total voters
removed alittle too crazy for our readers i think ...

Last edited:
I'm not sure there is intelligent life on this planet.

The question is if there's intelligent life anywhere in the universe.

well, the thread title uses the word "aliens" to imply "intelligent life" ... i simply used the terms given by the OP - thanks for trying to split a non-exsistant hair, though ;)

I am what u would call a alien Guru of sorts.

oh my a creationist-alien nut. ive heard it all now.

(btw the "theory" of evolution is such because real science does not assume that it has the final and complete answer, merely a best fit explaination based on all the evidence available. see "Theory" of Relativity, Quantum Field "Theory", Chaos "Theory", ad nauseum)

I firmly believe in life on other planets - there are (in theory) millions upon millions of different earth style planets out there capable of supporting life, thousands (in theory) in this galaxy and countless others in other galaxies. The likelyhood of not finding a single living example of an organism in any form is virtually nil. (the guy who mentioned Mars earlier - they were dead, so it doesnt count)

The likelyhood of finding intelligent life is drastically reduced. Out of millions upon millions of lifeforms on this planet, only one has been deemed intelligent (by ourselves I might add!)... so although there are millions of planets, intelegence has a much lower chance of existing (from a statistical point of view)

I still tend to think its likley - or at least hope there is, but I figure we are no where near ready to be contacted by them. Maybe when we repair our planet, stop killing each other, stop letting people die of starvation in some parts of the world while we throw away food in the remainder... heck, i wouldnt want to know us!

Ooooh! Oppertunity to use my favourite quote of all time...

The missing link between ape and civilised man has been found.... its us.

Me exist!

(Message too short)

oh my a creationist-alien nut. ive heard it all now.

The actual hypothesis is called "panspermia", in which one believes that the seeds of life were sown from beyond our world. If one believes that life itself were transplanted on earth, from other worlds, it's called exogenesis.

Such ideas were first proposed as early as the 5th century, BC.

So keep listening, there's obviously much more to hear still. ;)

Sorry, i couldn't answer the poll, the options are too ambigious.. but to answer your poll question:

Do no human intelligent life forms exist? No. there are no intelligent human life forms.

..and.. to answer your thread question:

Do aliens exist? Yes :)

(btw the "theory" of evolution is such because real science does not assume that it has the final and complete answer, merely a best fit explaination based on all the evidence available. see "Theory" of Relativity, Quantum Field "Theory", Chaos "Theory", ad nauseum)

ummm :scratch2:

wasnt that my point?

......dont beleive any of my crazy talk anyway.

Of course there is aliens on this planet - they're called politicians :)

I wrote this up in a longer form once - but I can't find it so here is a bit of it from memory.

If you accept basic scientific theories and facts a lot of things needed to happen just right in order for us to exist on this planet.

1. The big bang happened for some reason.
2. As the universe is expanding and cooling particles clump together to form larger particles. Eventually these join other particles to for small rocks and then planets.
3. Our planet gets caught in the gravitation field of a nearby star in just the right place. If we were closer it would be too hot for life - further away and it would be too cold.
4. Our planet just happened to be carbon based which is lucky for us because all life we have observed is carbon based.
5. In the early days of the planet we were bombarded by meteors and asteroids. Life could have never formed in that hostile environment. Luckily, a huge chunk of our planet was expelled when a large body struck it. This new body orbits the earth (actually they're dual planets) and acts as a shield against much of the space debris that would hit the earth.
6. Not to mention Saturn and Jupiter that act as a first line of defense effectively sweeping the solar system clean.
7. Since the earth is cooling gases start to form so level of an atmosphere. Eventually this gives rise to lightening.
8. This lightening strikes just the right combination of biochemicals that are present to form the first bits of life.
9. Life dies and forms again. Survival is difficult. Eventually more complex life forms arise.
10. Evolution takes hold and those species that are most able to adept to the quickly changing planet multiple and pass on their genes.
11. Since this is a winner takes all environment - those species which are the most fierce survive at a greater rate. Survival of the fittest is born.
12. Eventually this gives rise to the dinosaurs. Huge fierce beasts that prey on nearly everything around them.

Time for a pause - man (as we know it) could not have co-existed with the dinosaurs. Upright walking man would have been quickly eaten by the faster and bigger dinosaurs.

13. A huge asteroid hits earth killing the dinosaurs. Now the planet is ready for a new species to climb up the evolutionary ladder.
14. Intelligent life (as we know it) begins to evolve.

Now some of the details might be a bit off but the basic idea is that while there are lots of planets where the conditions might be right for life - a lot of luck went in to intelligent life evolving on this planet.

If you look at each of the 14 points above having some level of probability of happening then the odds of all of them happening gets pretty small. Granted, that over enough planets and enough time the likelihood increases.

There is some talk about a 'Great Filter' - that is some event that must happen before intelligent life can communicate with intelligent life on another planet. I find the idea fascinating and if you're interested there is a wonderful article on the subject at this link:

http://www.centauri-dreams.org/?p=1848

Nothing of interest? We spend billions of dollars every year exploring space/looking for even microbial life on other planets/listening to the skies. Thats just in the US even, dunno what the worldwide figures are :eek: Just the fact that there is life and even intelligent life here (for the most part lol :D) is reason enough to be an attraction.

Not to mention any resources the planets in our system may have that are of interest.

*Now, I won't presume to guess what would interest an advanced alien species that has the ability to get here but I think its a pretty safe call that if they are space-faring in the first place they would be interested in at least one of these: exploration/finding life/resources/knowledge (including just being curious) or they wouldn't have left their planet to begin with.

That is human logic and not "alien" logic.
Even if only 1 % of all suns in our galaxy would have a planet around them which could be life bearing, that would still be around 1 billion planets.
If an alien race of researchers would like to study us, they would have surely a technology which would allow to do that undetected.
But why should we be of interest to them ?
There could be endless reasons to leave a planet and travel the universe, surely not only to explore primitive planets.
And our part of the galaxy may be interesting to us, because we can not see much further clearly .

As for "no scientific proof for alien intelligence" , there is no proof for human intelligence either.
There is not even a scientific proof we really exist :D

"There is no spoon!" :D

As for the points 1-14 above...

I am not religious or for "intelligent design", but that theory has some points.
Could quite well be that some highly advanced race had som germs for a specific purpose created, their planet blew up and on part with germs hit us.
Could quite well be, that there already had been intelligent life forms here on earth. We had 2 mass destinctions so far, anything is possible.
But to say "our planet is special because it is in a sweet spot " ?!
Mars could be habitable if it had an active core. Venus could be habitable if the atmospehre was slightly thinner.
We do not even know, if nothing lives on Europa yet.
Probabilities are nice, but even the big bang may not have been the start, could as well have been a re-run.

Last edited:
As for the points 1-14 above...

I am not religious or for "intelligent design", but that theory has some points.

Just to be clear - I am not advocating for intelligent design. Rather, I simply think that we exist here on this planet due to dumb luck.

Just to be clear - I am not advocating for intelligent design. Rather, I simply think that we exist here on this planet due to dumb luck.

If the universe had a beginning, it could have been because of dumb luck.
An estimate of the habitable planets in our universe is 10^24, thise measly planet has no importance at all.
With that estimate one could calculate the individual importance to rougly 2000 zeros after the point.
I rather believe in alien germs evolving into creatures than "luck".

Well according to Drake's equation the odds are pretty good that intelligent life exists somewhere else. Like 99.99%+ chance

Its about probabilities over time and the universe is estimated to be around 14 billion years old and larger than we can even imagine, thats ALOT of dice rolls. Its like a cosmic ATH sort of lol, its rare, but it happens. So yeah, they could be bacteria or cavemans clubbing stuff or galactic empires.. who knows whats out there. :)

oh and about that video story.. Its written fake all over it.

Saw the actual video on the news last night.

Faker than a politician's smile.

I dunno. I always thought Evolution seems like a pretty intelligent design, myself.

If I was out to create a life form, I would make a one with a fairly basic building block that was scale-able, and that could adapt and essentially re-disgn itself to fit changing environments and accomplish necessary tasks to insure a continuation of existence.

Video of the interview or video of the supposed alien ?

With all the hi-tech hi-resolution cameras etc it's amazing how all we get is shakey fuzzy pictures or obvious fakes :confused:
The reason is aliens are very inteligent and like to take the piss....they always pick the person with the crapest camera, most dirty lense and held by someone with some sort of nervous dissorder just to keep us guessing.
They come to Earth on a holiday, get their picture taken then go buy the news paper to show their relatives... "there's me pulling faces at the silly humans from behind the curtains of one of their earth dwellings, hear i am showing a BMW driver who's the daddy ROFL!!!"

Surely if aliens were visiting us they would have the inteligence to find a proffesional film maker or photographer after comming all this way :rolleyes:

According to the many reports of this, the actual video won't be shown for at least a month.

You must mean you saw the newsclip reporting the existence of the video, right?

I heard however there is a somewhat similar video posted on YouTube for some time now but it's already been proven to be fake. Leave it to the media to confuse the two.:rolleyes:

I am reserving my judgement until I've seen the vid in question, and the other footage spoken of that goes along with it.

What I am sure of however is that really groundbreaking solid stuff is going on lately with the ET issue -- Rendelshem base, Phoenix, Stevensville, O'Hare, Fife Symington's press conference back in November, France and UK releasing some of their classified UFO documents, the statement from the Vatican Science Department.... I think the public is being prepared for official disclosure relatively soon.

Yea, I have seen the youtube one, not supposed to be the same. As stated, with a lot of governments releasing classified files on sightings. Regardless of whether they have ruled them to be valid or not. Is some news in the wind, are we ready for that type of news ? Being a non believer except in the human spirit. Will proof on non human intelligent life have an impact on peoples beliefs ?

...Is some news in the wind, are we ready for that type of news? ...Will proof on non human intelligent life have an impact on peoples beliefs ?

It seems we are being readied.

The recent statement from the Vatican ("Extraterrestrials are our brothers...") will definitely help the religious community cope with the coming news. Good move on their part. If they hadn't come out and said that, a lot of people's lives and belief systems would be irreparably damaged. The world leadership needs to keep our global culture from shattering under the strain of the coming disclosure. It's gonna be a heavy hit, dudes. Some will handle it better than others. It'll be up to those who are able to assimilate the new info to help the others through it, on a person-to person level.
Remember that.
Peace out.

It seems we are being readied.

The recent statement from the Vatican ("Extraterrestrials are our brothers...") will definitely help the religious community cope with the coming news. Good move on their part. If they hadn't come out and said that, a lot of people's lives and belief systems would be irreparably damaged. The world leadership needs to keep our global culture from shattering under the strain of the coming disclosure. It's gonna be a heavy hit, dudes. Some will handle it better than others. It'll be up to those who are able to assimilate the new info to help the others through it, on a person-to person level.
Remember that.
Peace out.

Looks to me like the aliens are already here :lolup: :D

Looks to me like the aliens are already here :lolup: :D
You do realize that response is a result of social conditioning, right? :cool:;)
Edit:
Sorry --thinking about it, I should've said something like "it's gonna be all right - I'm here for you, man..."

Last edited:
Take a look to the sky!

How many stars you can see?

Every star stands at least for a solar system maybe its a complete galaxy, use a telescope to see the difference.

Every planet around one of this many many many stars got a chance to develop some lifeforms. Thats called evolution.

The chance that we are alone is damn low!

I believe there are aliens out there!

If there were "intelligent life" out there then how come they always abduct some moron from the middle of nowhere? Also the fact that there has never been any hard proof. I think its a scam

You do realize that response is a result of social conditioning, right? :cool:;)
Edit:
Sorry --thinking about it, I should've said something like "it's gonna be all right - I'm here for you, man..."

Hmmm I'd be happy enough if they were, indeed I really do think it's likely that their is extraterestrial life on the planet as we speak and has been for some time. I am also of the opinion that human beings do not originate on this planet. We do not fit in here very well, unlike almost every other creature that lives here......so I hope your right about the social conditioning 'cos as long as most people think this way everything should be OK....and I'm glad your here for me......We need all the aliens and help we can get. ;)

Back