do new players have higher chance on hitting a multi or item drop? statistical or MA's doing?

Shamshe

Dominant
Society
Mischief Knights
Shamshe Shamshe Shamadarak
So, I have been playing for a while now and lately I cant help but notice a lot of rare items are being looted by newer players then old ones, same goes for big multi's.
Everytime I check their EL profiles they have like around 100k total loot meanwhile i am sitting here with 1mil in globals on EL, never had a rare item drop and my 3 highest hits are 5k, 4k and 2k.
I am thinking there could be several reasons for this. most likely its just statistical. More new players in the game then vets so chances they hit a multi are still higher. Or it could be MA's doing giving big hits to newer playersjust to get them to stay in the game.
At this point I am thinking it could be either or maybe both. What are your toughts on this?
Find an EL account that's worse then mine :D havent been able to find any.
starting to think my account is cursed lol :D

maybe just bad luck or is there more to it?
I'd love to hear reactions

Ok, I'll react :).
Good question. Statistics, as you know, need quite a time to 'settle down'. Personally I believe the spread of possibilities goes down as skills increase, meaning that high multis and possibly also good loot composition allocations slow down as players advance.
I've seen it on individual mobs as well as overall, so I think there is a mob-type counter in the database. I was a few hundred thousand kills ahead on carabok over other low mobs at one point, and globals moved slowly further and further apart while using the same setup. This was after the introduction of low ped globals (and 2.0), so each mob now has a threshold that can be used as a baseline.
I thus think new avatars do indeed have events of what looks like 'better luck', but possibly not better tt returns. If internal mechanisms also try to pay some of the losses back, then inefficiencies of starter (and lower) avatars may also be a reason why they have more multis in general.
If this factor also applies to loot quality, then noobs may indeed get more rares, but this is so deep into the black box that I imagine not even most MA employees know the answer as a fact. However, statistics, such as analysis of rares data, may tell us, as mayhems, for example, can be played by all levels.

I hate getting the big ones (in a weird way). Some years ago I got a 20k and 40k not to far apart. Prolly looks like a good year but the month before that 40k I lost over 40k TT. The 20k was lost in the months after. I would take a more consistent loot any day than hitting those big ones having to repay or pay tt upfront. Tt loss is life like some say :p

I hate getting the big ones (in a weird way). Some years ago I got a 20k and 40k not to far apart. Prolly looks like a good year but the month before that 40k I lost over 40k TT. The 20k was lost in the months after. I would take a more consistent loot any day than hitting those big ones having to repay or pay tt upfront. Tt loss is life like some say :p
well I mean I also get these kinda losses over the past couple of months. On Halloween Mayhem I was down above 50k tt return with over 300k cycled. I dont know how much exactly as I wasnt tracking back then but I had 145k points so it was a pretty big cycle. Highest I got was 500pedder I never got any big multi's to pay me back for these losses.

I don't look at tracker but i'd guess mine is close to yours, maybe worse as my 2nd highest is 3k something not 4k :D never looted an esi over 20 ped either but onwards we go, maybe tomorrow is the day

I always assumed the name "Entropia" had something to do with how the system is designed (chaos / order), like with thermodynamics.
Simply said, the more activities you do, the less chaos there is, the more order there is (less variation, more steady returns for ex.).

You are MAs cash cow. Welcome to the club.

Also the tracker doesn't give you a full picture.. I've mined most my time indoors at Hell. I'd say 98% of my global have been missed. The tracker only shows global, so if you mine or hunt or craft at a level which rarely global and you losing out your arse then hit big. Results look skewed to you being a noob.

I got a 5k tower on FOMA once had a fair few people reach out and said it was unfair due to my tracker... Yet what they don't know the day before I was using lvl 13's at Hell hardly got 1 claim and was down more than that 5k...

Don't get me wrong some new players do get lucky. However there are probably more low levels to hit them.

Last edited:
Maybe the lack of looter level and low efficiency in weapons in newbies get compensated somehow?

I have a suspicion that unless you can hunt with the absolute top gear and top efficiency, you might as well be a newb with a low eff daily token gun.
people can make of this what they want. We're unable to fully test it anyway.

Loot is weird in general if you ask me. When I started early on it was really really difficult to get what you needed over a certain level in loot. It took a number of years for me to get my first mining tower back in the day and I mined a lot trying to get to a Strakkan level of mining. The tracker can be a bit misleading in terms of success and I really only check it in terms of trends but even those trends don't always pan out.

I think that the system rewards progress in some was as well and newer players are progressing at a faster rate early on but tend to taper off given time. The really good memorable loots are sometimes far and few between but they do tend to happen when you least expect it. I've only really looted a few items I really used since PE went to EU and even in PE it was hard. These days outside of events I really concentrate on what I know I can loot in terms of mark up and anything else is just a bonus whether it be a multi or nice item.

of course they do... it's about retention. but over time everyone evens out to the same bell curve adjusted for gear and skills.

Back