Info: DO NOT GO INTO SPACE. It's currently bugged

JustinStarry

Dominant
Justin Jorel Starry
I don't think everyone knows. In case they didn't here it is: Space is broken, enter at your own risk, and if you do, youd better not try to get into an SS, go directly to a planet... If a pirate shoots you down, gg - you might be stuck for up to 24 hrs - 72 hrs.

You missed the "again" from the thread title.

At least Joachim|Calypso is relocating people on request.

Great, that means i will be stuck on RT even longer

Oh so you mean if we wanted to exploit the Space crises, we could bring loot to space, then make ourselves stuck by logging off and logging on so that we're "stuck at CSS" then ask Joachim to send us to our destination planet, thereby saving warp fees? Excellent.

Man we don't need ways to exploit the system :p we just need to reset the space server and all we be ok

deleted the test post , people don't seem to read any way.
they just read what they want to read....

Last edited:
i was contacted yesterday by someone stuck in space ... so I guess there is a problem for some people.

Writing a long thread saying nothing is wrong doesn't help those people who do have a problem, nor explains the additional support line to get 'unstuck'.

I'm not going to space, and I do have a warp-enabled ship.
Last time I did that when people got stuck, I got stuck myself too telling myself ... "damn me, I knew it" :)

Don't be so hard on the OP. It was reported this week somewhere that bad news travels faster on the internet than good news.

...crashing in to the normandie with full throttle on new moons space station during slow boating from caly ( yes jbk that was me that smacked you of SS ) I'll put my glasses on next time lol

haha yes I was sat in a gun looking around , you made me jump ! :cool:

Don't be so hard on the OP. It was reported this week somewhere that bad news travels faster on the internet than good news.

made it a lil softer for the op :rolleyes:

i was contacted yesterday by someone stuck in space ... so I guess there is a problem for some people.

Writing a long thread saying nothing is wrong doesn't help those people who do have a problem, nor explains the additional support line to get 'unstuck'.

I'm not going to space, and I do have a warp-enabled ship.
Last time I did that when people got stuck, I got stuck myself too telling myself ... "damn me, I knew it" :)

please define stuck.
do you mean like a floater ?
pressing " T " not working ?

Because I did not have encountered any problems with that.

made it a lil softer for the op :rolleyes:

please define stuck.
do you mean like a floater ?
pressing " T " not working ?

Because I did not have encountered any problems with that.

Stuck means that someone is floating after being shot down and T is not working.
And aside from that, on FB they (MA/Calypso) posts :

"
Stuck in Space?
Those of you who got stuck in space can use the following shortcut to get repositioned faster than in the regular support queue: Send a PM to "Joakim|Calypso" at planetcalypsoforum.com and he will move your Avatar to a new location so you can start playing again.
"

It would suprise me they post this if there is no problem for no one.
That being said, I'm happy you are not stuck in space Sidney :)

Entropia Fleet Alliance(Like most Services) did there "Scheduled Flight" today for the first time in three days. There seemed to be nothing extraordinary happen during the Flight. Outside of what appeared to be a very long "lag spike" where doors would not open and you could not go from one section of a MS to another. Followed by a disconnection that was quickly resolved. This small disruption did put us some 15 minutes or so behind on our Schedule - nothing onverly unuseual about that.

Our "Boarding Team Leader" (The OreBuyer Express)was also temporarily caught between the Space and Planet Server lines. This was solved with the usual "Bump and Scoop" method, expertly executed by our Pilot of the Day, Bridget Lokia Parker.

Other than this Space appears to be functioning fairly normally. I sincerly hope no one else is suffering from any other latent problems that may be caused by the recent updates. I know there is still a lot of disconnections occurring Planet side and other sundry problems, but I am confident that the MindArk Team are working to solve thses problems as quickly as they can.

seems a some person reads something written elsewhere and feels the need to make own threads about it.
it saddens me that took the time to warn you not to go to space , but does not find it necessary to inform the people here when the bugs have been solved.

geez Sidney, EFA definitely needs your attitude :), military ftw. Anyway, I felt the need to post it here because at the time of posting, it wasn't exactly easy or clear to find a clear thread stating that space was bugged. In fact, if you look at some of the posters after my OP, they didn't know about it until reading this thread either. So I'd say it's justified, don't you?

And it's only been 1 day or so since the fix patch, I didn't want to jump to conclusions. And I rode with Sakuba and the rest during their first scheduled flight post-patch. Spirit and I were entering caly via atmo, and we dc'd (or rather, I dc'd) due to the all-too-normal "Connection Lost". So I figured Space was still bugged but not as horribly as before.

So no, I did not update this thread with an "all clear" when it's not certain yet how safe space is.

In closing, since there are still people in space who are actually just as horribly bugged, I'd say you were the one who jumped the gun in declaring space was safe :). haha!

geez Sidney, EFA definitely needs your attitude :), military ftw. Anyway, I felt the need to post it here because at the time of posting, it wasn't exactly easy or clear to find a clear thread stating that space was bugged. In fact, if you look at some of the posters after my OP, they didn't know about it until reading this thread either. So I'd say it's justified, don't you?

And it's only been 1 day or so since the fix patch, I didn't want to jump to conclusions. And I rode with Sakuba and the rest during their first scheduled flight post-patch. Spirit and I were entering caly via atmo, and we dc'd (or rather, I dc'd) due to the all-too-normal "Connection Lost". So I figured Space was still bugged but not as horribly as before.

So no, I did not update this thread with an "all clear" when it's not certain yet how safe space is.

In closing, since there are still people in space who are actually just as horribly bugged, I'd say you were the one who jumped the gun in declaring space was safe :). haha!

It's better that i don't respond on this post.
and that's why its edited

Last edited:
"
Stuck in Space?
Those of you who got stuck in space can use the following shortcut to get repositioned faster than in the regular support queue: Send a PM to "Joakim|Calypso" at planetcalypsoforum.com and he will move your Avatar to a new location so you can start playing again.
"

i thought that statement was made because some people ended up as floater before the patch and will need to be repositioned by hand still.
i don't recall any one saying they ended up stuck floating and T not working after the patch.
i feel sorry for the people that did and my fullest condolences and sorry for your death.

but fife goes on :lolup::laugh::yay::wtg::beerchug:

Not really seeing why there is an obligation players to post when a serious bug has been fixed.

Now if you have a vested interest in people using space then by all means advertise that the situation has been rectified but there's no need to go off at Justin, when really there should have been something posted by MA or PPs when the bug was resolved.

Thanks for keeping us informed on space Justin... I haven't been in space since the VU cause I really don't want to become a floater, that would be a huge pain in the ass. so big thanks for caring :)

The whole of Entropia right now..is a little scary..not just space..;)

* P.S. i never trust people who go on PCF "invisible"
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Last edited:
Logged in twice since the update.. 1st time crashed after 30 seconds 2nd time didn't crash but didn't want to try & leave the Normandie & become a floater so logged out....

Saved some ped this week for sure

:lolup:

Yep saving a lot of money and ped............

What is current status?

Are the space revivals reactivated and working, allowing a travel even if there are disconnections?

Space Appears to be more stable than most of the Planets.

It seems the more desolate the area you are in the more stable it seems to be. Disconnection seems to be the main issue at this time.

Got one bug. Sometimes when using a TP planetside or exiting the pilot seat on my ship, I either get stuck and can't move or start walking forwards or backwards with the normal controls not responding. I've found that hitting T solves the problem in all cases.

The whole of Entropia right now..is a little scary..not just space..;)

* P.S. i never trust people who go on PCF "invisible"

You aren't kidding. Lots of scary things being seen these days.

P.S. I never trust people who don't hold a sign with their name on it when they send pics to people who think they are "special".

Not Classy.

You aren't kidding. Lots of scary things being seen these days.

P.S. I never trust people who don't hold a sign with their name on it when they send pics to people who think they are "special".

Not Classy.

Mikaile that was too Spongey dear for sneaking under my post..LOL *note time of edit and post* sorry for confusion.

I flew last night to NI..and didnt get disconnected and seemed fine in Space now :)

Oki Teddy Doki said:
I flew last night to NI..and didnt get disconnected and seemed fine in Space now

Just competed todays Scheduled FLight. Everything ran smoothly in Space. Planet side was a different story. Constant DCs in the main towns. some of the Crew got DCed once ort twice as well, but that is nothing new even on a good day.

It seems things are reasonbly good in space. Other then the new problems created with the update such as:

Unsatisfactory Design on the new Summons System, (Stupid POP UP window. I don't need to know I am about to do a Summons)
Gun Seat Selection seems to be multiple choice: 3 seats can be accessed this time four the next.

There may be one or two other minot things as well.

well, was up in space for most of Sunday.

We had a synchronised d/c competition (strangely this was a pairs event it seemed) - we even set up a team so we would see disconnects more quickly. We also got loads more home router screw-ups.. is there any way that the MA server can reach down the line and screw up our routers???

Apart from that, space did indeed seem more stable than the planets, but they were unplayable in many areas, right? Space did also steal away the mobs on one group d/c, but that was pretty harmless. So, space was at least bearable, even if loads of messages were laggy, chat too etc etc.

I flew from Caly Ss to FOMA, was surely gulping as I thought I'd get stuck, but fortunately I was able to enter.

Now i'm quading to ark. No d/c yet, and it seems all is reasonably stable.

sooo for now space is "ok", but that's a pretty iffy ok :p.

scratch that. after reaching ark I tried to take my friend to caly. We're stuck at atmo, we keep clicking yes to enter, but it wont' let us in. Either it's major lag or we're stuck.

Back