FYI: Do not use neteller for deposits! Repeat: Do not use!

VmaX

Old Alpha
Society
SUF
One of Nine
Someone told me I could get a free buggy when I used Neteller.com to deposit into EU.
I was in need of Peds so I thought "why not"

I opened a Neteller account, deposited €100 into my newly openend Neteller account and form Entropia I transfered the largest part to my avatar.
So far no problem, I even received a buggy for that. peachy.

I recomended it to my GF so I could get a bonus into my Neteller account for recomending their service to a friend.
My GF also created an account deposited money to Neteller and transfered it to her avatar.
So far we where still happy campers.

Until I wanted to open my neteller.com account agian to see what money was left to transfer to my avatar and if I already recieved my "friendbonus".
To my surprise my Neteller account was suspended due to security reasons? .. The very same day I openend It ? wtf?
I checked my mail: "Your account has been suspended due to security reasons"
I send them an email> response: We will not help you in mail "we do not support your email adress" wtf?
I Went to the website, filled in a suport case: No respons in 12 hours.
Now I found my account on Neteller.com says : "Your password has been blocked"

My GF got home and I told her the story and she checked her account. what ya think? blocked and in her mail a request to send them a copy of her phonebill top verify who she is o_O

I mean.. what the fuck?
Im an IT professional, I know my network and PC's are free of trojans and other shit so theres no problem. The problem is Neteller who uses insane procedures and security measures.

I googled on Neteller and found dozens of people with the same experiences. Sometimes it seems to work well but many, many people lost money due to blocked accounts and legal procedures against them.

I am still waiting on respons on my support case. BUt in the meantime Im not a happy customer and I will not advice to use this system.
Ill report here if I know more
But my advice for now is DO NOT USE NETELLER!

-----------------------------------

Ok.. Update: After 24 hours I get a reply; I have to add my phone number (which I did twice already in the application) so they will call me for verifying if I am who I say. (which will cost me international phone charges on my mobile)

They have called me imediatly after adding my phonenumber again. They asked me several security questions and reopened my account.
On my question why my GF and me where blocked they confirmed it was a 1 IP address policy. But when provided prove we where 2 people they could allow 1 IP address.

Conclusion:
They are no scammers, but merely an oversecure overburocratic firm. Maybe its because they work a lot on the gamblig platform they are more of a target for real scammers and feel they need this paranoïd security.
On he bright side: I got my Neteller buggy and all works again :D

So, if you want to use Neteller it seems save, but beware you could end up in a security trap ;)

Last edited:
To my surprise my Neteller account was suspended due to security reasons? .. The very same day I openend It ? wtf?
I checked my mail: "Your account has been suspended due to security reasons"

I tried to make a german account to do the deposit -> disabled due to security reasons
support told me I am in UK ( oh rly? (yes I am)) and therefore can't access the acc.
I tried to make a UK account but that doesn't work either so I gave it all up.
Could have really used such a buggy :( but it looks too fishy now...

nvm.........

Looks to me like they are taken caution a little to far. To much security it seems. Better then not enough I guess.

Am using it for about 3 years now and never had any issues.

Back in the time, when I registered, I was verified for giving correct details with a phone call from them. After the verification everything has been ok ever since.

Before that, I wasn't enabled to deposit at all, so I am wondering if that maybe changed, since you wrote, you opened the account and deposited right away. And if you are using a hotmail or yahoo email account, go figure, lol.

I am not using it for EU though, maybe thats the fishy part :p

Looks to me like they are taken caution a little to far. To much security it seems. Better then not enough I guess.

Well... security is good, but I just read in the EULA for Neteller that they keep the right to "close your account for any reason and keep your money" basicly: as soon as you have deposited in Neteller they own your money and they have the right to charge you any administration fees as they feel like and deduct them form your funds.

This has nothing to do with security anymore but everything with frustrating customers to the point you give up your money.

Before that, I wasn't enabled to deposit at all, so I am wondering if that maybe changed, since you wrote, you opened the account and deposited right away. And if you are using a hotmail or yahoo email account, go figure, lol.

I am not using it for EU though, maybe thats the fishy part :p

I am not using my hotmail account but my regular one from my provider @chello.nl (a UPC company) A respected internet Provider
I deposited to Neteller using Ideal from an ING bank so nowhere anything fishy from my end. Not sure about EU tho ;)

Well sems pretty obvious imho why they suspended the account, that is if your GF uses the same IP address as yourself. Probly to keep ppl from making more then one account under friends etc to get fraudulent bonuses. If she was signing up from nother IP and doesnt live with you then IDK why their sucurity was flagged. I cant use Netteller cause I live in USA, maybe itsa good thing,, although the option of withdrawing to an ATM card gain had me excited.

So did your GF registered from the same household (same IP?)? Most likely thats the case...

Subscribed.

Ofcourse my GF worked with same outside IP address, we are behind a firewall.
It already occured to me that such might be the case but then again, that would be a pretty stupid secuirity measure since many large companies, studenthouses, cooperative living units etc etc, are behind a single IP address.
I also fail to see a security risk in this. If I would set up two accounts to score a small bonus, I still have to deposit substantial money twice, so one way or another they have their business.

edit: I found that other people with 1 outside IP address have no issues. So presumably this is not the issue here.

Last edited:
It already occured to me that such might be the case but then again, that would be a pretty stupid secuirity measure since many large companies, studenthouses, are behind a single IP address.

hmm I guess someone in our studenthouse is already using neteller... bummer I guess that is why I can not acess my account.... -.-
Well no neteller buggy for me then I guess... :(
And no deposit for Mindark. ;)

... I just read in the EULA for Neteller that they keep the right to "close your account for any reason and keep your money" basicly: as soon as you have deposited in Neteller they own your money and they have the right to charge you any administration fees as they feel like and deduct them form your funds

a bit like just about every cash transfer compny on the internet. and our favorite swedish MMO game :wise:

Well sems pretty obvious imho why they suspended the account, that is if your GF uses the same IP address as yourself. Probly to keep ppl from making more then one account under friends etc to get fraudulent bonuses. If she was signing up from nother IP and doesnt live with you then IDK why their sucurity was flagged. I cant use Netteller cause I live in USA, maybe itsa good thing,, although the option of withdrawing to an ATM card gain had me excited.

I also thought USA did not allow for Neteller accounts, but why is "USA" now an option for the country dropdown menu when you sign up for a Neteller account?

Hope you get it sorted. Thanks for the heads up, will look into it before I deposit with this method.

I also thought USA did not allow for Neteller accounts, but why is "USA" now an option for the country dropdown menu when you sign up for a Neteller account?

It's not tried earlier ::: NETELLER accounts are not currently available for residents of this country.

This is typical behavior of morons running a company without any proper IT/Security knowledge.

OOOOHHH its blue = LOCK
omg wrong area code = LOCK

Idiots

Hope u get sorted soon.

You mentioned something about .. we don't support your email ? did you maybe register with a yahoo or aol account ?

ahh sorry i just read you used chello.nl

so prolly not the case of "bad address pool block" ... might be due to presumed double accounts call them on the phone

so basically because neteller blockded you because of security (which is a good then) so tell ppl not to trust them ?

MA has the same policy btw if you depo too many times on one day. Thats there securit protocol.

so Neteller is still safe. And to withdrawal you need to verify your account first in case somebody asked.

10 year old company wont suddenly decide to run off with your money. quite safe (as any other online paying thingie ofcc)

so basically because neteller blockded you because of security (which is a good then) so tell ppl not to trust them ?

no, I said this company is taking security to a level where it starts to be onworkable. Their comunication towards the customers is completely moronic. They do not communicate, they just TELL you "you are blocked, you cant get to your money and now you need to call us (overseas) and send us lots of documentes before we some day (maybe) unblock you"
Or in my case they dont tell me anything they just announce "you're blocked" .. no reason, no solution whatever.

In the process many customers get completely frustrated because issues like this seem to take forever to resolve with this firm.

Ok.. Update: After 24 hours I get a reply; I have to add my phone number (which I did twice already in the application) so they will call me for verifying if I am who I say. (which will cost me international phone charges on my mobile)

They have called me imediatly after adding my phonenumber again. They asked me several security questions and reopened my account.
On my question why my GF and me where blocked they confirmed it was a 1 IP address policy. But when provided prove we where 2 people they could allow 1 IP address.

Conclusion:
They are no scammers, but merely an oversecure overburocratic firm. Maybe its because they work a lot on the gamblig platform they are more of a target for real scammers and feel they need this paranoïd security.

How much you need to depo for free buggy ? :scratch2::tongue2:

Sry found already (200 or more peds)

Conclusion:

After you sign up there is a link you click on to contact them/request a call. This can be to a mobile, and unless you are with the worlds crappiest mobile service provider, there should be no charge to you as it's them making the call.

In my case a very pleasant and helpful lady called within the few hours that the call was promised, asked me a few security questions for verification, asked if I needed help with anything else at this time, and moments later I was fully up and running and able to deposit to Entropia. :)

The free Neteller Buggy and 150 oil was in my storage when I accessed it after log in. :wtg:

Sorry, no.

lol those words made me think of this

dont.worry.im.from.the.internet.jpg

however I have never used netteller, and I think I will stick to my current depo method.. it seems to work splendid every time :p

Sorry, no.

And you still calling them "onworkable oversecured bureau..."

"Sorry no" ?
Cant I work in IT industry and have an opinion on this, that apparantly differs with yours?
interesting.

Back