Question: Do We Need More Crafted Guns?

All L guns and armor should be eliminated from the hunting loot pool and replaced by control components for said crafting.

but wouldn't that put all the control of the price in the hands of the crafters? This would only work if everyone had access to the blueprints because otherwise the best blueprints would be owned by top crafters and we would have a monopoly/oligopoly. I think it should be 25/75, 25% of (L) guns/armors are looted and the remaining 75% crafted. The looted armors/guns should be slightly better than crafted versions due to rarity. Alternatively, make guns/armors include equal amounts of looted materials and mined materials so not one profession can drive the price vs the other.

Edit: Also, UL weapons should stop dropping for the time being. We have plenty in the market and they should be toned down until player population grows

I think many players expectations are a little high when it comes to dpp. I only have one weapon that breaks 2.9 and its UL and yes its dropped in resale value since I bought it. 2.8 dpp is not shitty. its just not awesome.

IMO, 2.9 is average. 2.95+ is good. 3.00+ is great. 2.85+ is definitely not "shitty", but hunting returns are roller coasters nowadays and the average hunter needs every advantage he can get to stay afloat if he wants to avoid weekly deposits.

But how much crafting have you actually done? It's not as simple as the average mu of ingrediants. What's the average number of clicks per success? What is the average TT value of the crafted item compared to TT used? How much did the bp cost? Crafters would generally sell at lower prices if they could still profit.

I don't think a lot of crafters are concerned with this when so many click explosives 3 and 4 on condition and go 30-40 clicks without even a near success at 25 ped per click.

Profit or not, I have to imagine the margins on a 110% cost gun at 125% markup selling price offers better return than TT costs and 1-2% markup from explosives and residue.

but wouldn't that put all the control of the price in the hands of the crafters? This would only work if everyone had access to the blueprints because otherwise the best blueprints would be owned by top crafters and we would have a monopoly/oligopoly. I think it should be 25/75, 25% of (L) guns/armors are looted and the remaining 75% crafted. The looted armors/guns should be slightly better than crafted versions due to rarity. Alternatively, make guns/armors include equal amounts of looted materials and mined materials so not one profession can drive the price vs the other.

Edit: Also, UL weapons should stop dropping for the time being. We have plenty in the market and they should be toned down until player population grows

The blueprints don't need to be rare. Skill level requirements and blueprint rarity are what creates monopolies. You can't use that argument when for the most part, things are sold below cost. Let the free market do what it does best. We don't have a complete consumption driven economy and that isn't sustainable.

I think MA doesn't actually care about the economy. Their only concern is for people to hunt more, because a lot of decay is generated this way. Mining and crafting are discouraged. In their mind, the way to accomplish this is saturate the market with guns so that nobody has an excuse NOT to hunt. Look at explosives, these BPs were introduced to reduce the incentive to mine... same thing with reducing the loot multipliers... dramatically reduce the demand for mining amps. Shrapnel was introduced to get people to roll more of their loot directly back into hunting.

I suspect the people currently in control at MA view crafting, mining, and all other non-hunting professions are pesky relics of the past. What they don't understand, which we do understand, of course, is that they're destroying the core of what people love about the game, which is the interconnectedness of the all professions.

When was the last time there was a crafting or mining event on Caly?

This +331968!!!!!!!

It seems you didn´t get it

Complete Geotrek series can´t be crafted because generic components needed for that don´t drop.

OK there is some L BPs for that weapons that don´t need generic compnents, but to loot that L BPs, you have to craft tons of not sellable weaopns.

Even if you have some of that L BPs, you craft it, and still notice it doesn´t sell.

It seems you didn´t get it

Complete Geotrek series can´t be crafted because generic components needed for that don´t drop.

OK there is some L BPs for that weapons that don´t need generic compnents, but to loot that L BPs, you have to craft tons of not sellable weaopns.

Even if you have some of that L BPs, you craft it, and still notice it doesn´t sell.

All that is easily remediable BUT note that those guns being crafted aren't selling because there are easier and better alternatives looted by hunting.. and that's the crux of the problem.

imo stop or lower drop E.L.M guns

i'm a low / medium hunter i think and i still have 100+ weapons left from eomons from that hours i've hunted there.

guessing how many people hunted eomon / longthooth for that long period of time there should be wayyyyy over 10k e.l.m. weapons left ( not counting melee ones ) . some use them thereselves, some sell , some wait till prices rise and sell later.

looking for example at the sales of enigma guns:

enigme l4 e.l.m sold 317.85 sold last month = ~ 317 guns
L5 sold 4 k ped = 18 guns ?
l4 sold 865 ped = ~ 4 guns ?
L3 sold 7.8k ped = ~ 55 guns ?
l2 sold 1.6k ped = ~ 15 guns ?

i know this is a small sample off comparison for all the guns in auction but you see 317 guns of 1 ped equals to maybe 150 ped for a a normal gun ? 45000 ped off TT value less spend on lootet / crafted guns

guestemating abit here but i think you get the point.

I don't think a lot of crafters are concerned with this when so many click explosives 3 and 4 on condition and go 30-40 clicks without even a near success at 25 ped per click.

Profit or not, I have to imagine the margins on a 110% cost gun at 125% markup selling price offers better return than TT costs and 1-2% markup from explosives and residue.

You have to imagine because you don't know what it actually costs to craft the guns

You have to imagine because you don't know what it actually costs to craft the guns

Lysterium Ingot 33 0.99
Alferix Ingot 2 5.70
Lanorium Ingot 3 1.98
Alicenies Gel 11 1.10
Simple II Plastic Springs 7 5.25
Animal Pancreas Oil 2 1.00
Advanced Target Assessment Unit 4 0.68

Less than 20 ped TT to click a 220 TT value lvl 15 sib pistol with great eco....

Where's this cost you talk about? most of those ingredients are tt trash and the pistol sells for 115%

Lysterium Ingot 33 0.99
Alferix Ingot 2 5.70
Lanorium Ingot 3 1.98
Alicenies Gel 11 1.10

Less than 20 ped TT to click a 220 TT value lvl 15 sib pistol with great eco....

Where's this cost you talk about? most of those ingredients are tt trash and the pistol sells for 115%

How many clicks to get the gun. For the unsuccessful clicks whats the TT of the returned materials if any and are you getting back materials or res.
Whats the expected TT value of the gun before you top it up with residue. So whats the actual TT cost to make that gun. Then calculate the actual mu cost. And where are you sourcing the ATA's from?

Theories are nice but the best way to understand the cost is to actually make a reasonable number and use the empirical data.

Lysterium Ingot 33 0.99
Alferix Ingot 2 5.70
Lanorium Ingot 3 1.98
Alicenies Gel 11 1.10

That does not drop anymore !!!!!

So who the heck can craft this ?

Beside that, talking here about LVL30 guns, and you give example for LVL15 gun, and a bad example as it is actually one that can´t be crafted at all, due to lack of materials no longer dropping.

That one would be a nice to craft :) guess why MA removed the generic components

How many clicks to get the gun. For the unsuccessful clicks whats the TT of the returned materials if any and are you getting back materials or res.
Whats the expected TT value of the gun before you top it up with residue. So whats the actual TT cost to make that gun. Then calculate the actual mu cost. And where are you sourcing the ATA's from?

Theories are nice but the best way to understand the cost is to actually make a reasonable number and use the empirical data.

Explosives return TT-trash everything, so how can guns be any worse at all?

That does not drop anymore !!!!!

So who the heck can craft this ?

Beside that, talking here about LVL30 guns, and you give example for LVL15 gun, and a bad example as it is actually one that can´t be crafted at all, due to lack of materials no longer dropping.

That one would be a nice to craft :) guess why MA removed the generic components

The fact that those do not drop anymore is 99% of the problem we're trying to analyze here. if blueprints for decent guns do exist, the materials need to drop so that the crafters can actually craft them...

And I'm the OP.... I started this thread referencing lvl 15-30 weapons.

Explosive BPs aren't really relevant. They are for gamblers trying to profit through HOFs.

Explosive BPs aren't really relevant. They are for gamblers trying to profit through HOFs.

So give us some eco gun bps with low markup resources around 20-25 ped per click then.

Same as explosives, only the product is actually useful.

MA doesn't need to revamp weapon crafting again, they just need to make the ones they have already useful. Reduce the looted weapon drop rate to ~25% of what it is today and crafted weapons will fill the auction by the end of the week.

Nobody sells crafted weapons because even if you could some how manage to sell them for TT price, they would still be less eco than looted weapons. Looted weapons are just that much better.

or for those of us with UL. low damage grenade guns from RT. (perfect for the troll bar brawl instance, and similar low level instances since the explosive damage affects all of the critters in the room)

It's kinda nice crafting your own ammo, and then using it. Kinda gives you two ped cycles for the cost of one, even if there are a few failed clicks along the way.

;)

As far as non-explosive guns go, the bps are out there, but resources are hard to find for some of them. Also, doesn't help that some of the better bps don't seem to drop much or any these days.

Last edited:
I have one question.

Why does a hunter Hunt?

I have one question.

Why does a hunter Hunt?

To loot shrapnel so he can hunt some more, sheesh it's pretty obvious.

:lolup:

:dunce:

OMG, tooo much to read, I just want to say, Dam i miss making my GeoTreks.

Back