Question: Do you enjoy exploring calypso? (new players only please)

: Do you enjoy exploring calypso? (new players only please)

• Yes

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

Olivia Petty

Mature
Olivia
Hello,

I am intrested to see what the current generation of new players think of exploration on calypso, i have added a poll above, if you could also elaborate on how you like to explore and what you like about exploring calypso that would also be a great help,

Thanks

I like to find nice landscapes :D

i've replied Other :

i like making some TP run oldschool fashion, running from one to another, withtout a vehicule, but sometimes, you get stuck at an outpost withtout TP, and with HUGE mobs all around, ad if have no vehivules nor TPchips, your just in a dead end (untill someone come t orescue you, and this can take a while^^).

another thing that makes me chose "other" is something not dependant of the universe itself, but it's the fatal "CTD" (aka crash to desktop) than happen too much times now (and i don't think it comes from my rig, was playing 1 month withtout a CTD, and since 1 week, i can encoutner 3-8 CTD in a 3 hours session, happening when i receive a PM, or when i take a item with some FX on it like the nabesh scanner or even when a landscape details glow or when some animation began etc... and assuming you have to wait 1-2min before being able to relog) all of these things can KILL all the fun of exploring...)

But when none of the above appear, exploring is cool (but beware to not step on dung, but pick it up instead^^)

If you ever get stuck Calypso Rescue Team does have a rescue channel ingame, just type /join #crt in chat.

And in regards to the connection issues, it may be worth contacting support about that.

Thanks for the votes and feed back so far.

If you ever get stuck Calypso Rescue Team does have a rescue channel ingame, just type /join #crt in chat.

And in regards to the connection issues, it may be worth contacting support about that.

Thanks for the votes and feed back so far.

I can vouch for CRT a while back when I was a lot younger in the game and was focusing on mining I got stuck at an outpost with a bunch of Atrox's no ammo, no vehicle. (back then you had to get on there website) Asked CRT for some help they came and got me, took me to the nearest TP. What was nice was they didn't ask for compensation the guy left before I could even do a trade with him to give him a tip. Sorry bit off topic but thought i would put that out there for any noob that CRT will help ya.

i enjoyed exploring much more back in 2002-2003. Before TP chips, vehicles, etc it felt much more... epic. And scary. And lonely. It really felt I was exploring a new planet void of civilization. Ah, how I long to feel how I did back then for Project Entropia :laugh:

Calypso Rescue Team -- you call, we come :thumbup:

Did not vote because I'm not new at all.

I like running and flying around. Calypso is beautiful. Entropia in general is beautiful. There is spectacular landscapes here like nowhere else.

i enjoyed exploring much more back in 2002-2003. Before TP chips, vehicles, etc it felt much more... epic. And scary. And lonely. It really felt I was exploring a new planet void of civilization. Ah, how I long to feel how I did back then for Project Entropia :laugh:

Super ultra ditto

Hi,

I am not a new player but have decided to write a response. After 3 years of game play across all the planets - asteroids etc I still will often start from a TP and run off in a direction I may not have previously been. So you think you have seen it all, I can ensure you, you have not. Even after 3 years I still occasionally come to areas I have never visited before.

Try this test - choose a TP you know well, ie you hunt their often. When you arrive at the TP which direction do you go in to hunt your regular mob. Go a different direction completely to see what is there. Mountains in the way ? Even better - what is on the other side of the mountains, do you know ?

As an example I often hunt Atrox at Jurra Plateau, the troxes are due south of the TP, during the migration there is usually shared loot LT's directly north. One day I went west and found a robot spawn I did not know about.

As well as satisfying my curiosity this also helps when you get an obscure daily mission and cant find info on a particular mob on entropedia. Did you know that there is a spawn of Levis south of Fort Troy, I didnt't until a soc mate found it.

Also a big thank you to Coz for discovering "sticky Notes" For years I had a little notebook that I scribbled in , sticky notes are found in the top left when you open the message centre, if you copy a position to a sticky note it will show on the map when you click it, great for when you find a new spawn of a particular mob.

Our interface can sticky notes, i just learned about it :eyecrazy:. Things that tooḱ me ages to notice, but where i needed a thread to point me at it lol

Back