Do you have hopes to Withdraw from game?

Do you have hopes to Withdraw from game?

• Yes

Votes: 141 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 49 25.8%

• Total voters

OZtwo

Stalker
Society
Vikings Of Entropia
Kent OZtwo OpaloMan
Edit: If you ever do plan to leave the game

Arkadia has a new set of cool Armour which costs 700PED to buy and TT value of 420PED. The only problem is that the Armour itself can not be traded or sold back to the Trade Terminal. The reason behind this is:

"Our research showed that unlike the vocal opposition on the forums, there are many many players who are not so concerned about withdrawing their peds in the future and are happy to complete a mission to obtain the Armour. We see only a small percentage of the active player-base using the forums and in general all the data shows the forum users tend to have a greater focus on the economics of the game. That is ok and it is indeed a huge part of the game, however it is not representative of the entire population and way too many people assume they are speaking on behalf of the entire community.

-- David CEO of Arkadia"

Last edited:
I voted yes in the poll,

From the amount of people wearing this new armor set i would have to say that it looks like
a great success although its nothing i personally would wanna spend money on, even though
its just a small sum of 400ped i like the freedom to sell what gear i acquire in the game.

Best regards
Zweshi

Mindark 2014!!

Thank you for your 300000,- Ped deposit!
Our research showed that most entropians (we asked more then 5people, pinky swear!) are not so concerned about withdrawing their peds in the future. Therefore this feature have now been disabled.

:hammer::silly:

No, because that is not why I play.

lots of stuff on Rocktropia are non-TTable. Now the mind virus is spreading across the virtual universe! So much for the PED to US Dollar Ratio. Game just took a nose dive as the peds now are as worthless as Linden Dollars.

If Arkadia-Devs etc. think this is the way to go now then they´re completely out of their mind, they should join WoW or smth else, Entropia is still a unique RCE and MindArk advertises it big that way.
:laugh:

Anyway it´s just a small addition as far as I know, would be a suprise if they plan to go like
100%-non-sellable judging by their "observation".
:rolleyes:

Untradable items will be very very rare. Probably like 1 per planet for 5 years.
And they are probably for someone like me who got the gremlin armor for years and was never going to sell it anyway. So why not change it for something more fancy with the same stats. Even if I make withdraw in the future I am not going to sell all my stuff and withdraw. I will always keep few armors, weapons, vehicles, clothes, few CLD, may be some estates, and withdraw what I think is good.

Simple = no

I play for fun - in don't care much about eco. If i go hunt, i rdy to lose PED's.
Sure there is hope for a good run (90% TT return is good for me) sure there are hopes to loot something good. But i'm sure - i will spend a nice loot in my avatar and not in my IRL Piggybank.

I don't buy this amour, not because of the 400 (+MU) PED - i don't buy it because it is not useful for me. If i can buy something rly good for my level / play style for a good price i would do that.

(hint do dev team - unlimited Gyro 35 for 999 PED :D)

Regards
Joe

I have withdrawed the money, and I know it's possible.
Accordingly, this means that I will be able to withdraw again if I want.
For the items that are bounded or untradable - do not buy them. Nobody forces you. I have not bought.
My answer yes

PS About MA 2014 (Kimmi) - great future, nice hopes :laugh:

I withdraw $1k - $1.5k / month USD. It works. I am not an uber.

It's a tricky question and believe it is somewhat untrue. There are people who don't play to profit, who deposit on a regular basis and who don't mind loosing the peds - it's just an entertainment service. But how many are out there that would say "That's it, it's time for me to quit Entropia, but I don't care about selling out my equipment and storage and withdrawing those few K dollars". You must be really rich to say, nah I don't need those few K usd, let them rot away.

No, have nothing to - I live from depo to depo and won't recover them even if hit #1 ATH today, - and what's the point as long as I keep depositing.

Last edited:
I took few withdrawls from the game and not small ones but they all commes from CLD's or trading nothing from MA.

for the topic is weard to own something that you cant sell i dont get it .... Is this new way for MA to stuck youre peds in game like they did whith huge TT on items ?

I took few withdrawls from the game and not small ones but they all commes from CLD's or trading nothing from MA.

for the topic is weard to own something that you cant sell i dont get it .... Is this new way for MA to stuck youre peds in game like they did whith huge TT on items ?

I wonder if it warns the buyers with flashing red text before they buy such items or it is a "feature" to be discovered after... =)

J.

Well its up to Arkadias management to decide if they want this kind of items on their planet or not. Success ennoble, if enough player buy this armor we will start seeing such items more often an other players including calypso might start liking this idea.

Non tradeable with no real TT value thats like free monney

Personally i will stay away from this kind of items, i once spend about 6000 euro in a f2p game and as i stopped playing it there wasn't much to recover. Id rather spend those 6k into eu next time and know that i can retrieve at least a part of this monney back once i lose interest in eu again.

A few years ago i took a break from eu and sold everything including all skills and was able to recover a few k euros. Without this possibility i would not spend the ammount of euros i spending right now for eu. Altough i only withdrawed twice in all this years, thats an important part of eu for me and i never want to sit again on a pile of virtual goods that i can only remonitize by selling the whole account on ebay or something alike.

never again
This kind of items undermine the very idea of eu in my opinion

I wonder if it warns the buyers with flashing red text before they buy such items or it is a "feature" to be discovered after... =)

The non-tradeable nature of the new armor is stated in the mission description, but not that it's non-tt'able too. Kinda a trap unless you read the forums, yes (some people already got caught).

I've withdrawn about $2k in total profit from this game, and i bought the armor BECAUSE i can't sell it. I have a problem where I always sell my stuff; armor, guns, faps, skills, to make ped to continue playing, and then i regret it later. Now i took that option away, and will always have a decent mid-level armor to play with no matter what. It might sound weird but it makes sense to me ;)

can any one post the armor stats or link to the wiki ?

thank you

Considering that you can now see many avatars running around wearing the armor, I'd say that many, many people think this armor is a great idea. The poll is a little misleading, as most players naturally want to withdraw eventually, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't also spend some ped on non-tradeable items.

The A-team is also looking into making the armor TT-able, though currently it's not possible because (if I understand it) they can't set an item to be TT-able and still keep it non-tradeable. The armor's meant as a status symbol, showing that this player completed a mission, so simply making it tradeable would defeat the purpose.

Considering that you can now see many avatars running around wearing the armor, I'd say that many, many people think this armor is a great idea.

I run around in this armor and think that it's an awful idea :D But everyone else seem already get one, so I didn't made it worse by getting it (got it after David stated a "success", so his opinion about making more stuff of this kind is already formed).

can any one post the armor stats or link to the wiki ?

Entropedia's page

It's a Gremlin with little benefits, most non-obvious of which is different tt distribution (greater on more suffering parts).

Well

I see it like this.

1. If you where here to make ped and withdraw you would do so.

2. Most people play for fun, as it is a game and if we get the option to withdraw its a bonus.

3. Then you have the kids that think they will make it big time and withdraw loads, but we all know, unless your a massive investor you will not become a millionaire from this game as it currently stands.

So back to OP, I said No, as I play for fun, there was a time when I played to make ped, but I did not find it fun. So back to playing for fun.

Also I like the armor idea, but I don't like how you have to pay out more tha the TT value, thats just stupid :p

"Our research ....That is ok and it is indeed a huge part of the game, however it is not representative of the entire population and way too many people assume they are speaking on behalf of the entire community.

-- David CEO of Arkadia"

Unfortunately ideas like these affect the entire community, since the items of value, like armor, and bps for (L) armors and the hunted parts with MU, are things the players own, this devalues all of those things. Research should also show you that balance is incredibly important. We dont want or need 400 finders, 600 armors to choose from, and then have all of that negated by an UL item anyone can get without any effort except a deposit.

I don't assume to speak for the community, I do know when values are being destroyed for everyone as a whole though.

I have withdrawn nearly 20k in the past, probably will withdraw some again.

Game just took a nose dive as the peds now are as worthless as Linden Dollars.

Linden Dollars made (and still makes) me a nice amount of US$ over the past 9 years as a builder and content creator in SL, and nowadays I don't even need to log in more than once a month to keep business going. Withdrawing L$ to Paypal takes up to five days.

EU on the other hand.... I just pay and pay and pay some more for my fun... and I do have fun as long as my PED last. :D

Reactions: Mac
My answer was No. I play for fun and would probably end up re-depositing anyway. I do however like the idea of being able to withdraw if I ever think I'll REALLY quit.
As far as that armor....won't buy it. Don't need it.

Back