• No

Votes: 46 54.1%

• Total voters

Spawn

Slayer
Society
The Ministry
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
In another thread, Woenk suggested that there aren't that many people that have the memory bug, or there would be more threads about it here. original post here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-not-fixed-(&p=2857723&viewfull=1#post2857723

So my question is simple:

So do you have the memory bug? Does your computer say you are almost out of memory or does it crash when you visit: rocktropia harlem area, twin peaks, the new islands with rextelum etc, even though you have 2gb of ram or more

Do you have the bug or don't cha?

In another thread, Woenk suggested that there aren't that many people that have the memory bug, or there would be more threads about it here. original post here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-not-fixed-(&p=2857723&viewfull=1#post2857723

So do you have the memory bug? Does your computer say you are almost out of memory or does it crash when you visit: rocktropia harlem area, twin peaks, the new islands with rextelum etc, even though you have 2gb of ram or more

Yep. Also add PA to the list for me.

So I just avoid those areas. I figure i'll be 700 years old before MA figure out where their crappy code is leaking memory. :laugh:

No, for long time that i don't get that red box. but i play with all options at low. only avatar and objects quality are at medium. almost 8 years old pc too. :)

add TI - my favorite place for CTDing.

Yes I did until I lowered my in game graphix from high to medium. Has not happened since. Worked for me anyway :yay:.

Lexi

No!

Maybe just add some more memory to your mashine ?

It would be interesting if people posted what video card they are using along with whether they have the memory bug.

I have not had the memory bug. I'm using a ATI Radeon HD 5750. I'm ruinning graphics on high.

Edit: from the workaround it appears to be a 32bit issue, so let me add I'm running 64bit - no problems.

Last edited:
Using an older Nvidia and I have never had a problem.
Set on High w/2x AA

yep, crash all the time on the new islands with 4GB of mem. Opened a ticket, but just got a canned response. Seems to coincide with VTOL and/or viewing map and graphics level setting.

Old Nvidia drivers ,VeryHight graphic settings 2xAA , Win7 64bit , 4gb RAM . Never had crashes in EU

Old Nvidia drivers ,VeryHight graphic settings 2xAA , Win7 64bit , 4gb RAM . Never had crashes in EU

Can you specify exact version of your drivers, please?

Voted Yes - I get this game crashing effect whenever I attempt to fly on the new islands - particularly from Odysseus Landing. It has happened once or twice when on the ground, but taking off in a Sleipnir guarantees a crash.

The only way to alleviate it is for me to turn all my settings to LOW - of course, then the game looks like the old engine, lol.

Anywhere else on Eudoria or Amethera, I can turn most of my settings up to High and just keep a few on Medium.
( I have a relatively old machine still running XP with an nVidia GTX260 ) - so everywhere in game looks great except the new areas.

I believe I hadn't crashed since the first CE2 months in 2009.
Win7 x64 sp1, 8gb ram, Nvidia GTX285/1gb, 1680x1050 windowed + High + 2x AA, 285.62 drivers.

No "memory bug" here as well.

(My opinion is that it is related to graphic settings but I might be wrong.)

System: Seven x64 & 8 GB RAM
Graphic: nVidia GTX285 1 GB with driver 280.26
Settings:

graphics.jpg

advanced.jpg

(This are my ultimate tunings for mixing distance, no lag, and no shadow bugs :laugh:)

Voted "Yes". I guess mine's an older machine: Athlon X2 2.2Ghz, 4GB, ATI 4850HD, Windows XP, but I use it for nothing but gaming. Running 1920x1080 full-screen, the only places I'm aware of where I can't run high settings are RT's New Harlem and the new islands on Calypso. I can run on medium in New Harlem, but have to run on low in the new islands.

Someone in this thread mentioned a work-around, but I'm too lazy to check it out.

Last edited:
Voted yes and my system is Vista Home Premium 32-bit O/S with 4 gigs of RAM and using NVIDIA Geforce 8600 GTS for graphics card.

Intel Core2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00 GHz 3.00 GHz

Wasted second processing since I don't think Entropia uses dual core processing.

unfortunately I cant get that to work on 32bit xp. It worked for 32 bit vista though.

I think it has to do with 32bit vs 64 bit, where 64bit users with 4gb have no problem and 32bit users do.

I was reminded a couple of days ago, that when space was first implemented, that a MA official could take a few people in space "for a visit" only if they had a 64 bit OS.

Obviously many of us with 32 bit OS have been in space since travelling between the planets, but there is a problem with how the new islands have been coded.

I hope they can make it possible for us 32 bit OS players can travel about there without such problems in a future VU.

I am telling myself that's really sad to know the game use cryengine2 and i'm obliged to come in safe mode on the 3 new islands.

Recently i came to the volcano, and could (once there) come back to HIGH res which is my normal game resolution.
But move a bit too fast or wait too long, and that's the boring crash + RAM issue.

Anyway, i noticed i can come in medium setting on the 3 islands, which is pretty correct and play normally...
But crashes are still there...

Not a problem for my main comp, win 7 64bit 16gigs, but my other comp running xp with 4gig(2.95 recoconized) has it from time to time. Guess that's why some manufactures are installing 64bit win 7 OEM.

Try disabaling Explorer.exe, closing the client and any other non required programs/proccess running.

Back