Do you influence your finding or system has it fixed for you ?

If there was a movie about this it would be called "waves, bots and a personal loot pool." With the standard disclaimer, "don't try this at home". If MA wasn't so "overdeveloped" they could make a system more robust and difficult to defeat. As it is, EU is a sitting duck for some talented "programmer" to undermine the "algorhythm". I wouldn't be surprised to see that this is the big reason MA is so afraid of growing. Must keep below threshold of hacker interest. In answer to OP methinks also it's fixed but with variables skills, equipment and location.

I just used 30% since it is a nice round number and most average miners should be able to achieve that hit rate. Personally, I'm currently at around 32% in my log I read one of Leeloo's or Kingofaces's post and seems they is slightly above 35% and working on a way to get to 40% (guessing good miners can get to above 35% hit rate). BTW really appreciate the mining guide from Leeloo and all the testing Kingofaces did. Those definitely helps the mining community a lot. Thanks to all who contributed and participated in the testing.
Personally, I think mining would be more enjoyable if the hit rate is higher. Just adjust the claim size so the tt return is still around 90 to 95%. At between 30 to 40% hit rate, it means 3 to 4 drops out of 10 drops you will see NRF. That's just painful.

(guessing good miners can get to above 35% hit rate).

No. Hit rate is not "got" or "achieved", it simply happens. It is between 30 and 33 for everybody with more than few thousands drops, is a self-regulating mechanism. What you can do is to stop dropping when you see, say, 25% but what will happen is that you'll arrive at the above mentioned average, 30 to 33. Constant hitrate of 40 means a simple thing: guaranteed tt profit. It doesn't exist such thing for anybody. If somebody does have more than 100% tt return over a significant turnover (I ran at 105-110%tt for about 150k in 2017-2018 and then went slooowly to 97%ish), it is simply an application of the concept of deviation/dispersion. All these metrics are useful exclusively as a tool to control your own volatility vs your own bankroll. That is, with a big enough bankroll you can ignore hitrate without any consequence. There is a single thing which matters: MU, its distribution in finds and its flow into economy. Rest is just cosmetics.

Hi Per! Mining has been horrific for me btw. I've been pumping cash into the game trying to mine in various locations. We both know from being miners in this game for long ago times that it's changed for the worse for miners. Skills don't seem to mean anything now. Too bad i've gotten high up there in skills. I'm very sad too because i actually miss being able to play. I hate to hear about redulite bots. Whoa that's sad that's it happening and nothing being done about it. Yes i noticed those in shinook. MANY of my miner friends have stopped playing. My friends list is not lit up at all.

Indeed mining is generally bad and so called ""wave"" system is totally ruining it. Agree that skills doesnt have too much influence especially after e.g. lvl 40. Something should be changed in whole mining system.

Rare resources seem to have an amp cap in some way but skills and gear might open that cap to some extent.
Rare resources seem to have an amp cap in some way but skills and gear might open that cap to some extent.

I think you are right mate -i tryed same area some Time with amp 2/3 and another some time (dif days and hours) with lvl 13 and the result was i never found anything else than lyst/duru with the lvl 13 ...

So the amp reducing depth and maximise size
We dont see so many hof a pyrite or other hight rare markup ressource ... my thought

Who owns the game: A Lingerie model
Who 'communicates' about the game: Someone who doesn't play the game and doesn't communicate
Who promotes the game: Her best pal

This post will self destruct in...

Go Go Gadget Camera
*click*

Problem with Mindark devs is that they dont listen too much the players specially the old ones, come a dev from other game and thinks well we could implement the buff mania at Entropia, and then after sometime the old player base gonne because the buffmania increased the gap between eco hunters and the others, and they feel the need to come with loot 2.0, the same with mining the whole purpose of mining was find the best zone to do it, atm beeing a good miner is to drop lvl13 during the wave, nothing to know the best places... It's time to devs listen to US, without us there is no game! While player base dont come together to say to MA what they can or can not do, they will just do whats better for their pockets!

[Moderated: Removed portion violating forum rules]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wave mining : 55 mins coffebreak and 5 mins actual mining. Great system MA :cool: :LOL:

i see that u are learning :)

Btw this wave system was added back in the days like 2006-2008 dont remember.

Nah, not in this manner. Even in 2017-2018 could still see hours of various stuff (igni, gazz, dianthus etc). Lyst waves started in 2013 or something and now they tweaked it, now is sh*t waves, namely everything which is not waved to begin with. I understand why they did it, the current nanocrafting just doesn't have the capacity to absorb more than a few resources, but this is just patching, can't be a long time solution. Or, I mean, it can, depends what actually MA desires, this is very difficult for me to understand.

If you go to any of the popular mining spots these days it is mostly a bunch of green dots sitting there waiting until the next wave starts, then they slap on the big amps and start bombing like crazy for 10 minutes until the wave is off, extract claims and go watch Netflix again, rinse and repeat. Apparently this is the gameplay MA wants for mining. ?‍♂️

OTOH I also hate how abrupt MA is at tweaking availability of certain resources. Remember the redulite rain last year when MA could just make something drop 100% MU over night whenever they please? Or how MA can just pull some common resources like belkar or garcen out for a week and make the MU spike? At this point maybe MA should just switch whole Calypso to all lyst for a month and watch the chaos unfold. These kinds of heavy handed changes can't be healthy for an RCE.

Nah, not in this manner. Even in 2017-2018 could still see hours of various stuff (igni, gazz, dianthus etc). Lyst waves started in 2013 or something and now they tweaked it, now is sh*t waves, namely everything which is not waved to begin with. I understand why they did it, the current nanocrafting just doesn't have the capacity to absorb more than a few resources, but this is just patching, can't be a long time solution. Or, I mean, it can, depends what actually MA desires, this is very difficult for me to understand.
What Kerham said . We are supposed to run around and mine for lyst,oil, ares and the other low MU stuff whatever skills we have because system doesnt carry more than 5 min real mining / hour ? Old Reduspot other than Shinook area now carry Valurite instead of Redu. Its sensless and quite booring. Beware new players to ever pick up mining as main occupation. There is NOTHING to see here !

Decided to get a load of noobfinders from TT. 55 mins mining with theese ( almost no cost ) and 5 mins with real finder . Adapt or die ! I will probably be very far away to get globals and hofs but still drop bombs :LOL: (y) :cool:

Decided to get a load of noobfinders from TT. 55 mins mining with theese ( almost no cost ) and 5 mins with real finder . Adapt or die ! I will probably be very far away to get globals and hofs but still drop bombs :LOL: (y) :cool:
I can only state that, when people so addicted and passionate to mining in this game, like you or me, gave up after dozen of years - something is very wrong with the current state of mining in this game.

How exactly do these stupid mining loot waves work?
With the recent Belkar price spike I deemed it necessary to go and collect my own Belkar so I can actually remain profitable in my crafting.
I went out to the shinook area, with F-105 and dropped 200 probes, 100% lyst! Meanwhile I am running past other people’s claims of Belkar left right and centre, what gives? We were all mining around the same time. Do you have to hold your dick at a certain angle or what?
Apart from the daily bonus I have mostly given up on this stupid profession.
I still hit a 35% hit rate so nothing sus there.

It seems the Bots know exactly when the wave of belkar is coming.

maining is a total pain now.. MA realy killed it. Where is the fun to drop 10 no claims (by droping both at same time), and then get a claim level2 on calypso, where mining always was nice to mine there? also Preamped finders are a bad joke now. I realy wish they would go back to the mining, some ages ago. This game sucks more and more !

I love caly and would stay there but I like many others find this wave mining very boring. Mining is still good but hitting lyst & oil for an hour straight then 2-3 mins of MU if your lucky is really not fun. :/

adomasite recently added to wave.

Let's leave for a moment all the specifics of the game.

The three of us walked around the field and drilled one after the other on same point... TT finder was used.

Case 1:
The 1st find a claim; 2nd does not find; 3rd find a claim
Case 2:
The 1st does not find; 2nd does not find; 3rd finds two claims

If the tool is called "Finder" and has a "Radius" and "Average search Depth", as data... everything in it is a lie.
Finding a claim and TT return by the system are two different things.

Let's leave for a moment all the specifics of the game.

The three of us walked around the field and drilled one after the other on same point... TT finder was used.

Case 1:
The 1st find a claim; 2nd does not find; 3rd find a claim
Case 2:
The 1st does not find; 2nd does not find; 3rd finds two claims

If the tool is called "Finder" and has a "Radius" and "Average search Depth", as data... everything in it is a lie.
Finding a claim and TT return by the system are two different things.

We actually did that testing awhile back, and TT gained per drop did not go up for low hit rate or anything like that. It does look more like whatever hit rate you're getting doesn't influence claim size.

Profit can be had mining, but everyone seems to focus on shinook and redulite... the way the current system works is extremely predictable and the signs are obvious. Is it stupid? Yes I think they need to revamp the impact of skills on mining like back in the day being a high level miner (read extracting skill) meant that you could actually excavate more value out of a claim of the same size when compared to a noob miner. Now anyone who is above lvl 20 can chase rare ores just about as effectively as someone who is lvl 50+. It all comes down to wave timing, which is easy to see if you are looking for the right indicators. There are some very obvious ones but I’ll leave that for you all to research yourselves. There are still some sweet mining spots that rarely get touched compared to shinook btw.

From my experience in mining it is MA that decides what you can and can't find and at what volumes. Prime example is the shinook server lyst/oil waves. You could have a level 25 or level 100 Miner there and the results will be the same.

As I stated in another thread. The way MA have modelled mining in this current meta. It's a waste of my time to invest in the profession if skills and knowledge is ignored

I spent my last few mining days on arkadia due to not having "wave mining" but MA infected that planet now. So there is no incentive left with the skills I have to mine when it is dictated by MA to keep mining lyst oil

Problem is this.

Mindark allows few dudes to run 3-4 bot avatars at same time. One bot is hunting small mobs for wave. When the wave starts other 2-3 bots are mining the wave minerals also they are doing redulite area on caly. They are doing this 24/7.
i thought waves are predictable and they know timers already. isnt it?

i thought waves are predictable and they know timers already. isnt it?
its really not that difficult to work out the times of waves , but i really dont want to spend so many minutes to hours standing afk , till the wave starts , its as bad as AFK sweating , mining is disgusting these days , hence why i dont play now , as many other miners i have seen fall off , due to this poorly developed solution to mining

No one likes "time-gate" This system needs to be redone.

Back