Do you like the current attitude on the forums?

Do you like the current attitude on the forums?

• Yes I think the attitude is productive and the forums are informative

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I think there are some issues that could use resolution, but overall good experience

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • The forums by and large are what they are.

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • The forum is typical of the internet. Lots of trolls, but we already knew that.

Votes: 40 31.5%
  • The forum is extremely negative. Anything constructive I post is probably going to be drowned out.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • There's alot of bad blood here, and I feel it hurts EU overall.

Votes: 18 14.2%

• Total voters
Each section of the forum each generally has its own attitude.
All the time they vary to create a general neutrality of attitude (with it leaning toward people being annoyed sometimes).

Generally though in my experiences that I've had (which are now rather outdated since I've stopped looking at everything) the attitude of the forum is helpful, friendly, ready to have a laugh/fun/joke but is also easily upset when things go wrong due to the inclusion of real world money.

Simply put, a positive attitude that I don't want to see disappear.

Also, there is a rather large lack of trolls.
The amount here is not noticeable to myself due to my regular day-to-day interactions/viewings of a much grander scale of trolling 24/7.

I like this forum. if I didn't I wouldn't have a gold star.

Overall, I feel the forum attitude is good... people are helpful and constructive.

However, a smaller group of people are not (instead they whine about almost everything they can (being negative is fine, but some take it way too far), threaten and insult people who does not agree with their views, dismissing all and any positivity as fanboyism (without considering previous negativity from the same person), etc... some of them are not even playing any more, just hanging on the forum complaining about new systems (sometimes without having actually tried the system themselves)).

Obviously there will always be problems, but in general I must say the forum attitude and community is good :)

Last edited:
In general i like this forum and the way it works.
It can be a lot of pie tossing and flaming sometimes and a lot of strong minds clashing togeather
but after the dust settles some positive things often comes out of it. Not always though.
The moderating are good most of the times but the rules are sooo MA biased it almost
makes entire discussions mute and gets my blood boiling at times.
But be that as it may, we can always go elsewhere.

What separates all EU forums from all other MMO forums is that we have a real cach economy.
The standard "It's only a game" doesn't work here and that's why there is so much emotions.

For me the most important thing with the forum is that it keeps me updated and on par with what's happening inside EU.
You can be bogged down in some remote corner hunting and don't have a clue about what's going on elswhere in the universe.

That's my two PED's about it.

Swings and roundabouts really.

Into my 7th year of kicking about this forum.

The general mood goes up and down, then down and up, and all sorts in between.

Things can change very quickly in either direction.

Currently I feel that there are less threads of a discovery (community getting together to work together to test and find out how something works) nature, and new joiner helping etc. Nothing new to work out and not as many new joiners :scratch2:

I put this down to newcommers being spread out across multiple planets and forums.

I think the fragmentation of the game and subsequent forums has polarised this.

A new influx of sparkly new players with an attitude of optimistic discovery would sort out a lot of things. They would bring a breath of fresh air to the place and give the Old hands something to do with helping them out and guiding them. As I was when I first joined. The forum would swing to a breeding ground for creativity, rather than the same old grump's sniping amongst themselves as there is very little else happening on the back porch. Not saying that we are all old grump's but you get what I mean.

The forum is just what it always used to be - there is currently a li'l peak at "attention seekers making pointless threads", but this too will pass.

negativitie...i dont even post half of what i used to do in past... this should reduce negativitie by at least 25% ...

Initially I wrote a long post.. but then deleted... in an effort to post less (at least i'll try) in the forum from now on.
For the poll I've picked the 2nd choice.

Really, I do think there is too much negativity and its drowning out useful communication.

This forum IMO walks a fine line between both.

As a forum mod, I'd say this is the ultimate quote. We don't want to force folks into having to say only nice things, but on the other hand, we can't let folks say whatever they want with zero consequences.

Also, as my mod-mate, Safara rightly said, the high discovery and experimentation activity of the past is simply not as active. Way I see it, (which might differ from his opinion) is we've learned much about this game and now simply transfer that knowledge to the n00bies ingame.

Lots of forums to read now..I read this one most...It hasn't changed much in the last 6 years

I think its good to discuss the good with the bad, as long as people are keeping it real. If people are negative about something (as I am about space piracy and forced pvp), they need an outlet to express their frustrations and be able to hope for change.

With out the hope for change's to the systems we are unhappy with, many would be one step closer to leaving.

I believe the ability to voice concerns about aspects of the game we are unhappy with, in a public location with other users of the game, in a format possible to gather notice from the developers, is essential for the long term health of the entropia universe..

where is the option...

Forum is negative but for good reason...

if things were good... or better... there wouldnt be negativity like it is...
i been around for many many years... there is always the occational neg. thread... but now after talking to all the top players... i dont see any positive at all...

the forum is far more positive then real game play...

miss miss fail fail no loot no loot... 20-50% returns woot! love it...

...It hasn't changed much in the last 6 years
I have to disagree with that, nowadays forum is filled more with trading threads rather than discussions regarding gameplay or strategies or similar.
Newer EU generations are not discussing so much and old players reduced their voices or left.

negativitie...i dont even post half of what i used to do in past... this should reduce negativitie by at least 25% ...

Did not vote.
Too many people concerned by negative/positive point of view these days. And i must admit this continuous focus on this specific aspect of what is written is tiring..
My 2 pecs.

I think the attitude displayed in these forums is a natural byproduct of the state of the game lately, and the natural polarization of the community in their views of MA.

From what I can tell, the game is broken. This isn't meant to be a debatable topic, it's fact. Sand King, Hussk, discrepancies in HoF announcement vs. what the player received. These are all big threads, and that's not even going into space, beacons, etc. I realize that in a RCE based on a psudo-gambling type the code base has to be kept secret so players don't figure it out and win/profit. That fact doesn't give a company an excuse to turn a blind eye and try to dismiss the issues, which is precisely what MA has done in these cases. Only after large threads and multiple support cases were turned in, did the company even acknowledge issues existed.

I'm not trying to stir things up, but when you have major issues within a game, there is fallout. From what I have seen on here, there has been what seems a high amount of "Selling all my shit" threads. This tells me I'm not the only person noticing the issues, having a lack of faith, and taking action. I commend people for putting substance and action behind their words, instead of just whining on a forum. The problem is, when the average players (those of us who are casual, or not die-hard forum users) start to leave the game, who is left?

Well.. fanboys and trolls. That is what seems to be the major vocal portion of this community. "MA SUCKS THIS GAME IS SHIT BUT I'M FUNCTIONALLY RETARDED AND TOO STUPID TO UNINSTALL AND STOP PLAYING" vs. "THIS IS THE BEST GAME SINCE MINESWEEPER AND NOTHING IS WRONG OH PLEASE GOD NOTHING IS WRONG BECAUSE I HIT A JACKPOT ONCE"

Those voices tend to drown out the others, whether due to frequency of posting, prolificness of the posters, or the insanity of the statement.

Maybe make a subforum just for bitching and tempban users who shit up other threads with their inane conspiracy theory posts? Maybe then the cream can rise to the top again and some useful, fun, informative threads can start to surface.

+ Rep to Cryte...

I noticed that there are a lot of GOOD people on these forums. They are funny, caring and they are often around giving compliments and cheer ppl on when things are happening. But then you have a big mass of kind of neutral people who either says good or bad but not uber negative or positive.

The big problem I see is a number of the "old" people here on the forums. Think they gotten to a level that they think a bit too much of themselves and need to try to assure themselves by putting people down, even on silly stuff as language skills, as long as they get a chance to try to "bully" someone. I guess it is a way of ensuring their position, they have put in a lot of time and or money into the game and think they are heavy weights due to this. Lucky part is that theese people are quite easy to recognize and easy to ignore.

For me personally I ran into a lot of the good ones here on the forum, and the negative "old" ones I just ignore and kind of feel sad for them in a way. Must be tough to be so weak at heart and in self confidence that you need to bash around on forums to make yourself feel better. Probably related to issues outside of game also etc.

I say, leave your troubles outside the game, have fun, enjoy and act to others how you want them to act to you. You might wonder why people dislike you, have a look at things you written here and ingame and maybe you will get a hint.

Derid

Ps. BIG PROPS TO YOU POSITIVE PPL! May you HoF!

Generally bad/mad/agresive attitude is natural reflection of participants frustration. Some are quiting like me...some stay and are angry on forums:D

I don't understand some ppl. Isn't it beter to quit and have peace for myself and keep bad blood away to others ? If being robbed isn't fun for me, that not mean it isn't fun for others, and I don't se reason to make it not fun to others. My 2 pecs...

Last edited:
Generally bad/mad/agresive attitude is natural reflection of participants frustration. Some are quiting like me...some stay and are angry on forums:D

I don't understand some ppl. Isn't it beter to quit and have peace for myself and keep bad blood away to others ? If being robbed isn't fun for me, that not mean it isn't fun for others, and I don't se reason to make it not fun to others. My 2 pecs...

And that is the moment you either quit or make a radical change

I think that constant and immediate feedback to paying customers is what differentiates one business from another. It's how I run my IRL business and it works.

IMHO I think the RCE part of EU serves to enhance ones emotional response to human error frack ups such as the Hussk, Sand King, Beacons etc that have plagued Calypso, hence the mass of negative feedback that is generated on the forum.

Mood and attitude here is just a mirror of a mood and attitude of playerbase in game.

At its current state is better for me not to read it.
But I browse here anyway :)

A tune for those whiners, old members thinking they are something and negative ppl.

Get some self esteem and life will be good, you won't have to whine on forums and feel like a big shot when harassing newbies, cmon, join the Darkside (Aka Good Side as we are not negative!), we got self esteem and cookies! :silly2:

Back